SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How to tell: Factory 5 speed sc300

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 10:35 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, my '92 5spd had heated seats (ditched them for Sparcos), memory seats, and cruise too (although I ordered the TRD steering wheel, so I don't know if it's gonna be able to stay there now). AE86's are fun, no argument from me on that one, but I wouldn't be able to say "no" to a 5spd SC, especially with all the boost options so readily available.
Old 10-19-07, 01:35 AM
ura86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TT6SPDSC

ty alot. very informative
Old 10-19-07, 02:31 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

I dont think the pre 95 MT's had seat heaters but I could be very wrong. mine doesn't
Yeah, my 94 had heated seats.

I would say that is not a fair trade. I got my 94 with 130k miles for only 4500. If you look around you could find a better deal. Just from the start, I can tell you that you are going to have to spend a lot to get that car in nice condition.
Old 10-19-07, 06:29 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a list of where all the VIN's on the car are, then start matching them up I know there is one on the block, don't remember where else...

Jonny
Old 10-19-07, 07:23 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
Get a list of where all the VIN's on the car are, then start matching them up I know there is one on the block, don't remember where else...

Jonny
block, tranny, firewall, corner of windshield, door jamb I think. and maybe a couple more.
Old 10-19-07, 08:18 AM
Blk97SC300
Lead Lap

My 97 sc300 (originally auto) did not have TRAC. No traction control of any kind.

I converted it to a 5spd myself. Easy job- and since I did all the labor myself, I know that everything has been done right.

Whats wrong with buying a sc300 thats been converted from auto to manual?

And yea, that SC looks beat. $3k = tops.
Old 10-19-07, 09:40 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

ive seen this car, at driven concepts. A friend of mine was interested in it but they are asking way to much for the not great condition it is in
Old 10-19-07, 10:16 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Another thing to check is the radiator. An auto radiator will have the little pipes for the tranny cooler.

I say don't do it. It hasn't been taken care of. The interior was dirty and there was a whole tree full of leaves under the hood. If you do end up doing it get cash with it.
Old 10-19-07, 10:38 AM
ura86
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all the feedback. Yes that car is the one on tampa. I rather wait until may next year and get my gf sc300 auto and do the w58. she just put 120k miles on it.

Anyways, as much as I love the sc I will just keep my car. my ae86 will be worth more in the future.

Anyways, Good thread for future reference as far as identifying a manual sc300. I know there is nothing wrong with the converted but hey.... having a factory 5 speed is something nice and unique considering the amount of cars out here that are manual. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-19-07, 10:51 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to have an AE86 GTS with a Levin front end, roll cage, full suspension, etc. I ended up sending it along it's merry way for my 5-speed SC300 a little over a year ago and I couldn't be happier.

And my 5-speed car had cruise control from the factory.
Old 10-19-07, 12:55 PM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

we have a 95 SC300 here, black interior and with the factory 5-speed....but has driver rear quarter damage....we will be posting it up for sale soon....will let it go cheap...so if you are in the market for one...don't miss out....thanks
Old 10-19-07, 01:03 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by R & J Dist
we have a 95 SC300 here, black interior and with the factory 5-speed....but has driver rear quarter damage....we will be posting it up for sale soon....will let it go cheap...so if you are in the market for one...don't miss out....thanks
God I'd love a black interior 5-speed!
Old 10-19-07, 05:40 PM
ura86
Driver School Candidate

Well the douche is being a smart *** so I am not going to please the guy buying his crap and giving mine away.

here is what i asked him on the email :"car is 5 speed and everything but look how clean mine is and take a look at yours. I know is leaves but come on man. Dont have better wheels to put on like TT or something ?"

You know... something to compensate.

He responded : "As far as i know im letting you know what i have...we havent even discussed anything yet so before you jump the gun maybe you should calm the hell down. If you would like this to go further and see what we can do to make a good trade you better act like an adult!"

I replied simply to **** him self with that junk (in different words)

Thats all the conversation we had so far outside forums. All I did was an observation about the condition of the car. He probably read this thread and got offended because I am questioning the authenticity of the factory 5 speed car he offered me. There is nothing wrong getting feedback from others online but I dont really know whats the deal with him.

Anyways... decided to keep my 86 and wait until may. So a sc300 is coming my way anyways guys is auto but I know whats wrong with the car and it has 80k less than this guys manual sc. Only valve cover gasket and distributor o ring.

My friend was telling me that autos were the fastest and stuff so... I dont know. Also read that with the auto sc300, i will have to worry more about he transmission before I even think about breaking a rod or something because of the power. My friend also was telling me about stalls and stuff but I have no knowledge whatsoever on that subject.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. If i get to buy a manual on the near future, I will use the reference here for sure.
Old 10-20-07, 10:14 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do i see a R32 on the lift ?

looks like an original to me
Old 10-20-07, 02:02 PM
ura86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dinhNER
do i see a R32 on the lift ?

looks like an original to me

can be. here in florida I have seen some cars with r32 and r33 tail lights. So it might not be either. I think it is.

I like the black supra alot. So sweet. The yellow has nice rims and stuff but the car does not look good for some reason. Looks like the body is made out of cardboard box with bondo. But the black looks awesome

Quick Reply: How to tell: Factory 5 speed sc300