SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Found A Lexus Stroker Kit..$2,000.00

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-02 | 07:52 AM
DC-SC400-LEX
Driver School Candidate

Default I Found A Lexus Stroker Kit..$2,000.00

Greetings,

1. First of all let me say that this is not an endorsement. I found a company in Alabama that sells STROKER KITS for the Lexus SC 400 cars. The kit includes 1.*New Pistons and chrome molly rings, 2*Head Gaskets,3* Crank Shaft, 4*Cam work is Optional. The owners name is Carl. He can be reached at 1-800-326-6401.

2. They also have a website: http://www.paeco.com/stroker.htm

Good Luck..
Old 01-14-02 | 08:24 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

Interesting. Anyone up in bham wanna check it out
Old 01-14-02 | 12:07 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

It's only an hour drive for me soI might check it out wedsday if anybody really wants some info or pics on it. Let me know....Adam
Old 01-14-02 | 03:34 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

I'm going friday morning.

Wanna meet me there Bean? It's only a 3-4 hour drive for you right?

Later, Adam
Old 01-14-02 | 04:48 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Adam, try to get some detailed info from them if you can, i.e. Piston construction and available compression ratios (dish, dome, flat top), forged crank? billet? available rod lengths and construction, is the entire reciprocating assembly balanced, what material head gaskets can they offer, and what thicknesses, what cam profiles can they offer, I know there is a physical limit to the size of the lobes, as the casting of the cyl heads protrude into that area, would require additional machining. Lastly, do they offer the rest of the valvetrain components, cam gears, etc.
Thx-
Jon.
Old 01-15-02 | 09:11 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

2hr drive to montgomery

I wish I could, but I gotta work during the week... gotta make some turbo money!!!
Old 01-15-02 | 02:14 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

This might sound weird to the guy who works there, but I'm going to ask him about a group buy price...I'm sure we can get about 5 people here to get 75-100 hp for $2000. That's about the same results for a supercharger and less than half the price from what I know...Adam
Old 01-15-02 | 03:06 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Adam, I don't wanna deflate that circus tent you're growing, but it just ain't that easy. First, no way we'll get 75-100hp without cams and headwork, though i'm sure torque will see a nice increase with a more favorable rod-to-stroke ratio. Also, if the kit does turn out to be $2000 for real, and the parts are high-quality, there's still shipping (remember, cranks are heavy), which is not a big deal, but then it'll have to be installed. This is major work, expect to pay a nice sum to have the work done, unless you have the time, patience, knowledge, and a machine shop in the basement couldn't hurt. Having stroked some domestic motors, I can't speak from direct experience re: stroking the 1UZ, but i'm pretty sure no one else here can either, except maybe Todd Matsubura (DoubleWoosh). There may be some machining/notching of the block required to clear the crankshaft's counterweights, the rings are probably file-fit, everything will have to be mic'd spec'd and the reciprocating assembly clayed for clearance. They'll probably need your cams to be removed and sent in to be welded up and reground at a fair amount of time and expense, and if you don't opt for the cams, you'll never see the potential of the stroked motor, it would be a waste. The engine management will most certainly have to be reworked, you're talking about a pretty large increase in displacement, that'll be a mission too. Just wanna prepare you for Friday when you go there, stroking our motors will be a big project, and I personally think we'll be very lucky to find five guys to go in on this. Hope this works out, would love to add some cubes.
Old 01-15-02 | 03:25 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I want that kit so I can bring it home here and have Leo tune the ***** out of it with my ECU.. I bet 6-7 hours on the dyno would pull more than 100 hp out of the motor.
However, I must defer to Lex on this, because he's right about getting this to work... This guy Carl may not know what he's in for. I worry about a guy who posts something that says "stroker kits for any car!!" on his website. He doesn't even mention 8 cylinder engines and might be thinking of extra power for ricers mostly. We'll see how Adam does over there... if it's balanced and blueprinted, the moly fills and weight work don't clip the crankcase, the parts are strong and reliable and the ECU doesn't **** itself trying to figure it out, it might be worthwhile.

Last edited by MadMaxSC400; 01-15-02 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-15-02 | 06:08 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

well honestly...i don't know ***** about stroker kits except for the little I've read(as you can tell lex) but it'll be an adventure friday. talk to yall then. later, Adam
Old 01-15-02 | 07:09 PM
Rob_O
Rookie

I'm sure crower could cut a nice billet crank for anyone who wanted to up the cash for it. Titanium rods and some custom grind cams too, just get out the Visa cuz' I doubt they take American Express

Rob_O
Old 01-15-02 | 10:34 PM
HTT
Driver School Candidate

what is the displacement increase with this stroker kit anyways? I know there is a stroker kit for the 1uz motor already out, but it is only in Japan and costs like 5 grand, but increase the displacement to 5 liters.
Old 01-16-02 | 02:16 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

HTT, a couple of the Australians can get you that C's stroker kit, but you're right, it's not cheap. Rob, yeah, Crower does custom work all the time, and their manufacturing is excellent, that's always an option. Adam, thank you for taking the trip there, we'll talk Friday nite. I made myself a New Year's resolution, to lose a couple of unsightly seconds from my e.t. I've decided to wait until the end of 2002, and if there is still no 2JZ-beating package I can put together or fabricate for my 1UZ, i'm going to defect and pick up an SC3 and put an addition on Lance Ho Lung's house, if you know what I mean. One year, that's it.
Attached Thumbnails I Found A Lexus Stroker Kit..,000.00-compressed-formula-eng-on-stand.jpg  
Old 01-16-02 | 06:28 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Do any of you guys know how to rebuild your engines? Is it a daunting task? That stroker kit looks pretty nice, If the pistons are flat top with 10.5:1 compression would be extremely nice! I would like to see if they have titanium valves as well
Old 01-17-02 | 10:28 AM
matt7184
Pole Position

This company is supposed to have a good reputation with Subaru Racing Engines.

Quick Reply: I Found A Lexus Stroker Kit..$2,000.00