Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks a lot better than I expected, good job man
Old 06-03-11, 03:26 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superjatt
How do you pull in your door now?
yes i would think the same thing. or maybe we just cant see an indention in the top of the armrest? any complete installed pics on this? looks superb! i wanna do my own soon but with way cheaper speakers lol.. that is epic though i would have gone nuts with no panels for that long.
Old 06-03-11, 08:06 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a pain with no door panels on my car for 4 months. There is a spot to pull the door in where the factory door handle was. The panels are HEAVY! I took one of them off to fix my door the other day and my guess is that it weighs around 35 or so pounds.

I will take some pictures this weekend of the full door. I'm going to do some work on the doors for other things this weekend anyways. I do love the way the system sounds and the mid bass does not really "boom" into your legs.

I did have to cut holes in the doors because of the mounting depth of the speakers especially after being mounted to the inset ring.
Old 06-03-11, 08:37 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in for pics on the full door. Great job I bet they sound really nice if I had somthing like this I would probably sit in my driveway for hours listening to the whole system trying out all different kinds of music. You know like a little boy with a new toy.....HA HA HA! Hey what are you running for subs? And how/where do you have them mounted? In your opinion whats the best way to get some good quality bass out of our cars? I want to be heard but I dont need competion DB's either. Your thought would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-11, 08:46 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed my W7 after my son was born because we had to pack a bunch of stuff in the trunk constantly. I'm going to redo my whole trunk to include 1-2 of the 13W5's (slim line woofers). The best way to get bass (air) is by providing some sort of port from the trunk to the cabin. The best and safest way to do so is by removing the factory sub from it's location. I'm currently not running rear speakers so I also have those two ports as well.

I had my w7 in a custom enclosure that goes down into the spare tire area of the trunk, but that's going to get pulled out and changed up.
Old 06-03-11, 06:11 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88supramki
I removed my W7 after my son was born because we had to pack a bunch of stuff in the trunk constantly. I'm going to redo my whole trunk to include 1-2 of the 13W5's (slim line woofers). The best way to get bass (air) is by providing some sort of port from the trunk to the cabin. The best and safest way to do so is by removing the factory sub from it's location. I'm currently not running rear speakers so I also have those two ports as well.

I had my w7 in a custom enclosure that goes down into the spare tire area of the trunk, but that's going to get pulled out and changed up.
orrr you could follow my diy and install a single 10" sub in the stock hole. honestly it eliminates having to port because the tank location. and sounds a lot better then i anticipated. however if you do choose to port from trunk dont forget about the 2 square holes that are in between the speakers and sub. i thought about using them when i was still undecided on my sub location. made any more progress on the panels? pics? really wanna do that project myself.
Old 06-03-11, 06:31 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the hard work looks great. I can imagine how it sounds. What about the rest of the system? Any more custom work? Would love to see it.