SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I now hate cats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-07, 07:10 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, it's like a normal thing for a cat to do.

I've caught my neighbour's cat(s) sleeping on my bonnet before... no biggie. A dog has pissed on my front bar though
Old 10-28-07, 07:16 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that really sucks. hate to see it. one time, there was a huge cat that was sitting on my car. it really annoyed me. i don't know if the cat scratched my car because i couldn't remember if these little scratches i saw were on the car before. i'm keeping an eye on my car next time there are some cats around. luckily, my car is parked in a garage most of the time.
Old 10-28-07, 08:11 PM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, now that I looked at the scratches in detail, it doesn't seem to be the result of a cat for these reasons:

1. Using the fingerprint on the hood as a scale, those scratches appear to be1/2 to 1 inch apart. A house cat's individual claws are very close together, more like 1/4 inch apart. You wouldn't expect to find individual scratches that far apart from a cat.
2. The scratches are extremely deep. I don't know if I would go so far as to say a cat is incapable of making scratches that deep, but it is certainly extremely unlikely that a cat could/would make scratches that deep.

When you combine the two points above, it almost seems impossible that a cat would have done that. It almost seems to be the result a fist of keys or maybe something else that a person might have purposely or accidentally done.

Last edited by nkx1; 10-28-07 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-28-07, 08:34 PM
atx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a macro picture, so the scratches look a lot more spread out than they are. I just went outside and measured, and the whole spread is 1-1.5". When a cat spreads its claws out, they very well could have made the scratches (plus there are matching paw prints on the rest of the car). Here is a picture that illustrates my point:

Old 10-28-07, 10:06 PM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Oh, I see. Good points.

Either way, better off just parking in a garage. No cats, less theft, etc.
Old 10-28-07, 10:38 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

I agree with a few statements already made, you can probably get a lot of it out by buffing it a few good times. I use a Porter Cable 7424. It has been the best buffer I have owned. You can mix different types of waxes together, it's just a matter of personal preference. Eventually, you'll find something that will work for you.

A few weeks ago someone splashed red nail polish and keyed swirls into the hood of my father's Pathfinder. I clayed the nail polish and buffed out the scratches. Took me about 2 hours to get everything out. Still able to see a tiny bit of it, but about 99% of the scratches are pretty much gone and 100% of the nail polish is gone. Gotta love that clay bar.

http://www.autogeek.net/pocapobu.html

That's the site I bought it from if you are curious.
Old 10-28-07, 11:33 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

try meguir's sratch X
Old 10-28-07, 11:40 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ouch...hopefully they will buff out...
Old 10-29-07, 06:39 AM
Koma

Pets shouldn't be allowed to roam wild anyway. It's dangerous for the pets.
My pets are all indoor pets. I have dogs and cats both are awesome pets. Sorry to hear about the scratches but if you have pets or plan to own pets keep them indoors. They can get all sorts of diseases, parasites and can get run over or attacked by other wild animals (who aren't domesticated and know how to survive in the wild).
Old 10-29-07, 06:48 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Antifreeze is a good start...if you catch my drift.
Old 10-29-07, 07:53 AM
574-SC300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Antifreeze is a good start...if you catch my drift.
I hear its a sweet treat.
Old 10-29-07, 08:31 AM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

I have to say something, I am completely blown away that we are dissecting this Cat thing, in addition I think it's awesome how everybody is trying to 'make sure it was a cat', etc. Hilarious IMO. Sorry bout your car though.
Old 10-29-07, 11:07 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nkx1

So don't be mad at the cat(s). Just park your car in the garage. If you don't have a garage, simply move into a place with one. Problem solved. And if a neighbor or other person intentionally allowed their dog to maul my cat (although I don't currently have one), that person may not have a dog the next day (fair is fair).
You sir =

Yes, we should cost ourselves thousands of dollars and uproot our family so some pathetic little useless animal doesn't destroy our cars that we have spent our hard earned money on.

I would give you open reign on my dog, and if anyone wouldn't be around the next day - I can guarantee it would be you. Fair is fair

Jonny
Old 10-29-07, 11:19 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

I have the solution to ur problem.

Here kitty kitty
Old 10-29-07, 11:28 AM
nkx1
Pit Crew

You sir =

Yes, we should cost ourselves thousands of dollars and uproot our family so some pathetic little useless animal doesn't destroy our cars that we have spent our hard earned money on.

I would give you open reign on my dog, and if anyone wouldn't be around the next day - I can guarantee it would be you. Fair is fair

Jonny
Well, if you have a family and don't own a house (which implies you would have a garage 99% of the time), that is pretty poor planning, so maybe you deserve cat scratches for being a loser lol. As far as useless animals go, I know many humans that would qualify as such.

So you think you can allow your dogs to attack an essentially helpless cat and not incur any consequences as a result? Pretty unlikely. Actually, since my gf is an attorney, I might just wage a legal war on you instead with the intention of draining your bank account. I don't think many well selected civil case jurors would look kindly on a huge dog attacking a helpless animal. Hopefully your neighbors will do the same to you should your dogs inflict harm on their animals. Good luck with your arcaic antics and dog attacks.

Quick Reply: I now hate cats.