SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My sc is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 06:11 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My sc is totalled

Yup... all that hard work down the drain thanks to a non driver who smashed in to me saturday night .Me and a couple of supras was going for a cruise but some of them got left behind so we decided to pull over to wait for them. A couple seconds later my car got totaled because a 1j cressida that was with us decided to pull some superman stunt and drive offroad and smashed right in the back of the sc .
I did not get any injuries except for a cut on the forehead and a broken heart .right now in waiting on his insurance company to make a decision on what is gonna happen with the car. i know its gonna be totalled because the frame is all warped so for now i will be looking for another sc shell to swap my parts .I will snap some pics of the damage when i feel better
Old 10-30-07, 06:16 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

I hate idiots who do stupid things and endanger more than themselves worse than anything.

At least your ok man.

another SC down
Old 10-30-07, 06:25 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man... I am sorry to hear about that. That is the one thing I fear when going to meets like that... an none driver. Its good that he had insurance. did you talk to them personally or by written correspondence?
Old 10-30-07, 06:25 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc250tt
Yup... all that hard work down the drain thanks to a non driver who smashed in to me saturday night .Me and a couple of supras was going for a cruise but some of them got left behind so we decided to pull over to wait for them. A couple seconds later my car got totaled because a 1j cressida that was with us decided to pull some superman stunt and drive offroad and smashed right in the back of the sc .
I did not get any injuries except for a cut on the forehead and a broken heart .right now in waiting on his insurance company to make a decision on what is gonna happen with the car. i know its gonna be totalled because the frame is all warped so for now i will be looking for another sc shell to swap my parts .I will snap some pics of the damage when i feel better
The bright side is that you are not hurt. Cars are easily replaced, but lives are not. Don't worry, you will be back in another SC in no time!!

This incident reminds me of that guy in an MR2 that peels off and loses control and runs into a jetta. that 1JZ Cressida? is he on SF?
Old 10-30-07, 06:27 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

yea man it sucks that people cannot drive here in south florida if he did not crashed into me he was gonna go over the overpass ,luckily that did not happened because he would have been in icu right now. I feel kinda bad for the guy because he jus did a new paintjob and right before we rode out i complimented him on having a clean cress next thing i know he's flying into me at 60+ mph.
Old 10-30-07, 06:32 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im glad that you are okay. Your next one will be even better!
Old 10-30-07, 06:33 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
man... I am sorry to hear about that. That is the one thing I fear when going to meets like that... an none driver. Its good that he had insurance. did you talk to them personally or by written correspondence?
As soon as the accident happened i guess he reported it because i took his information and called his insurance and they already had a claim number.But now they are telling me his insurance might not be up to date and they will have to investigate ,as soon as i heard this i contacted my insurance and my lawyer .i dont want to press charges if it gets to that point ,but if worse comes to worse i will have to
Old 10-30-07, 06:39 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kaotiq
The bright side is that you are not hurt. Cars are easily replaced, but lives are not. Don't worry, you will be back in another SC in no time!!

This incident reminds me of that guy in an MR2 that peels off and loses control and runs into a jetta. that 1JZ Cressida? is he on SF?
Im not too sure if he is on sf ,this is my third sc in 1 year and i think im running out luck with these cars.My sc3 was wrecked twice now this one totalled and none of them was my fault .im thinking twice about getting another car and spending all that time and money like i did before because its getting frustrating now
Old 10-30-07, 06:40 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Im glad that you are okay. Your next one will be even better!
yea man hopefully i get some motivation to build another one.
Old 10-30-07, 06:48 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Dag sorry to hear about that bro........
Old 10-30-07, 06:56 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm home with a sprained wrist and a cold feeling miserable.....then I see this thread. I feel for you but most importantly, you're safe. Keep your chin up.
Old 10-30-07, 07:06 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

damn bro, thats so ****ty. Glad to hear you're ok though
Old 10-30-07, 07:16 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

ouch, that does suck, gl on finding a new shell to get yah goin again.
Old 10-30-07, 08:09 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Default The Damage

some pics from my phone

this is what inside my trunk looks like

Trunk again

Last edited by sc250tt; 10-30-07 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-30-07, 08:21 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ouch, well at least you're ok, it could have been a lot worse. Good luck on your next whip!

Quick Reply: My sc is totalled