1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Records

okay ... just thought i would throw this out onto the forum just for kicks

i was curious to see how everyones driving record is
tickets(includuing the violation), noise ordinance, warnings etc etc
and then total times being pulled over ... if you can calculate it

so if you wanna just put out your driving record every one can know who is the safe ones and the dangerous ones amongst us all
Old 01-17-02, 09:36 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post yours! trudremz16

1.screaching tires in school parkin lot.- got out of
2.cutting a doubble yellow to turn left and speeding 55 in 45 - got out of
3.speeding 60 in 45 (actually was going 80) - got a ticket.
4. rear ended someone oops . pretty minor 2 1/2 yrs ago
5. 4am 45 in a 35- got out of
6. holding up left turn lane traffic to I could get into the right lane -got out of
7. 2am 67 in 45 - got ticket ..could have been worse though I was racing.
8.Loud Music violation , and missin front plate- fix it ticket and 139$ fine cause I had similar violations. which they said was a speeding ticket WTF??
9.U turn in a busness zoned area.-got out of
I think thats about it.

i've calmed down a bit . my insurance is 3k a yr.

Last edited by SDSC300; 01-17-02 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-17-02, 10:13 AM
joegolf
Rookie

Talking Driving record

I'm 49. Have had three tickets. Age 20, speeding, 65 on I5 freeway during 55 MPH law to save gas. Speed limit there is now 70! Went to driving school. Age 22, 55 in 35, went to driving school. Age 46, 85 in 45, beat the ticket in court. Issue was that the officer had to prove that at 11 PM he was going opposite direction. He had to prove that he turned around while going the other way (radar) then chased me down on winding road. He could not prove he kept me in sight the entire time on a winding road. He could not prove that it was actually me since he lost sight of me (he denied he ever lost sight of me which was impossible.

Multiple stops and I passed the attitude test, plus as a fire fighter, they give a little slack as long as I was not doing annything really stupid. Since I bought a Valentine One two years ago, only one stop for making a U-Turn to avoid a sobriety road check. I was not drunk. I thought they had to give us a place to turn around and avoid the stop. I guess I need to look up that law... anyone have a link?

Best policy is to pull over, be polite and not argue with the officer.

As far as any of you violating the noise laws.... sorry, I wish they would enforce this one vigoursly. I could make a million inventing a device that would allow someone to point a noise gun bass exploder to those idiots who open all their windows and then blast their stereos for all of us to "enjoy." If your music is so damn good, why even in the winter do you have to open your windows and ruin our peace of mind at every stop light? I know this is going to **** a few of you off, but so be it! Your right to enjoy your music should stop when it makes my car vibrate! If I had my way, you'd get one warning ticket and after that, they would just confiscate your car. Most of you probably don't realize just how annoying this is to your neighbors on thee road!

Joe

Old 01-17-02, 11:02 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Gotta agree with you on the stereos, Joe.
damn I've gotten a lot of tickets.. uhhh
hmm a couple wrong turns.. carpool lane, a 96 in a 55 on a 2 lane, 76 in a 55 I went to TS for, yet another wrong turn.. I got 2 points, trying to beat the latest wrong turn cuz there's no signs anywhere and I really didn't know what I was doing wrong. Since I got big rims and especially my exhaust I've started to get tickets it seems.
Old 01-17-02, 11:16 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default HMMMMM

okay...interesting....
so since ive had two responses..ill tell you mine

well a i turned 16 on april 28
that june i was making a delivery in a paint van for the place i worked.......and it was way out of town
so i was just kinda fooling aorund on the interstate...... the vans speedometer stoped at 75 and i would always get that thing to stop moving and keep on accelorating...
well i pushed my luck one day at got a 79 in a 55
it was a work zone so that one sucked cause the speed limit is usually 70 anyways
my next one was in a 1978 mercedes benz .... diesel
i was booming the music... had neon lights going .... and strobe lights in the back on...... he heard my music and saw all the lights..... he pulls me over..pulls me outta the car searches me... he must think im a drug dealer or something
but anywyas......he gives me a noiseordinance, and then a ticket for having no head lights on .....but i did have my parking lights on plus driving lights which were just as bright...if not brighter

next incounter was in the interstate in my SC 400
i was just goofing off on the interstate.... and radar jumps...
but its too late...he was clocking me so no since in slowing down
i get 110 in a 70 zone

next was back in teh benz.... going thru a neighborhood.... crotch rocket pulls me over 41 in a 25 zone

next we are back in the SC 400 but down in panama city
i was chasin some girls......passed on a double line
he was a few cars back

next i am in auburn where i go to school
i decided to go pick up my girl and go for a ride around the few blocks just go get outta the house.....
well get clocked at 79 in a 45 zone
then he asks for insurance... i have it ..but its outta date...... so he writes me up for that one......and i was like......you think im stupid enough to not have insurance on this....

so in all ... i think thats about 8 tickets ive recieved.......
plus multiple times of being pulled over for wreckless driving...
noise ordinance.... and speeding.....but i was only able to get out of it ... because the officer never officially clocked me

a tip for most people who speed.......when he asks you why were you speeding .....ask him "was i? how fast was i going?"
then he will reply ...over the speed limit im sure
cause he never really clocked you....its just that you were going faster than the other cars around you so he had to pull you over but did really say that you were going a certain speed over and cant really give you a ticket...or at least thats how it worked for me

oh yea... and about three parking tickets

thats about it
Old 01-17-02, 01:13 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

Im 17 with ZERO tickets. No radar detector, just have to use common sense and know the local police's tactics. I was however pulled over once when I was 16 because the police officer wanted to check my license (must have been trying to nail me for driving too late, but it was 10:50 )