SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

salvaged and didnt know, just venting

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 02:03 AM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sue the other guy for all he's got!! Get the max from his insurance.

BTW, does the SC400 have a 1jz in it? I was looking at a SC400 on ebay a few months ago and they guy said it comes up as a prior salvage title, but its not on the title. I looked it up on carfax and sure enough it was a prior salvage title. He wanted $6k for it.
Old 12-04-07, 11:41 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luin
sue the other guy for all he's got!! Get the max from his insurance.

BTW, does the SC400 have a 1jz in it? I was looking at a SC400 on ebay a few months ago and they guy said it comes up as a prior salvage title, but its not on the title. I looked it up on carfax and sure enough it was a prior salvage title. He wanted $6k for it.
no, the sc400 has the 1uzfe (V8 power). but it was a good deal, even for it being salvaged when I bought it.
Old 12-04-07, 11:50 AM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewwake
i would if it were my insurance company paying. but it was the other drivers fault and my insurance wouldn't pay because I only have liability.

Thanks everyone for the help, didn't know I would get this much response since I was just venting. But with all the responses it has made me think of ways to "discuss" with the insurance company what to do.
Once you sue the driver directly, his insurance company might change their tune. Your car is worth a certain dollar amount regardless of whether it was prior salvage or not; it still has value. Value which the driver damaged, which if you have a police report saying it was his fault, you can recover from.

Cut the middle man out and go to the source. You just have to be able to prove (receipts/proof of how much it is worth) that it is worth what you are claiming it is.
Old 12-07-07, 08:09 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewwake
So I just found out today, after 7 months of fighting insurance that my car was originally from Kansas and has a salvaged title from there. Out of my stupidity, I bought the car without doing the proper background check with a carfax report. The insurance company called and said they couldn't give me much money for it since it is salvaged, but the vehicle title doesn't say anything about it being salvaged. I am pissed and want to kill the everyone in the DMV (who doesn't?) because the DMV, especially CA with their liberal laws, should have put on the title that it is a salvaged vehicle. So anyone know who crashed an sc400 in Jan 2002 so I can find out the extent of the damage before? I hate insurance and I hate the DMV! Well enough venting, later all.
Thats effed up cuz!!! I'm glad that in the Chi, when a car is salvaged there is a plate riveted onto the door jam.