Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that second photograph is stunning
Old 12-04-07, 02:21 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincao01
It actually is a replica. Really crappy replica from Race on USA but my painter is a killer painter and worked through all of the cheap quality for cheaper than the JIC by itself (kit only cost $450 shipped). You are the first one to notice. But the high beams were built to sink in because of some fitment issues, our painter actually built around it so there are no gaps.

We decided on this because the actually JIC leaves gaps where you can see through and it was misaligned. So our RACE ON USA one probably would have even larger gaps (and it did).

So he called us up and asked us would we'd like it lined up with gaps or maybe sinking in but filled around it so it looks solid and pretty good with no gaps. We decided the solid, pretty good, and no gaps option.

So in the end, our painter found a good solution that still makes it look good. He repositioned the high beams to fit better and also filled around it so there'd be no gaps at all. Overall, good solution, not 100% perfect as it was meant to be, but a savings of $1000+, I'd live with it.

In the end, the paint, kit install and the tint combined were cheaper than buying the authentic JIC kit by itself.

As for the hood, the front bumper and hood isn't 100% flush, but no more than maybe 1/10 of an inch if that. Not a big deal to us. Definitely made up in the price. Good eye though!

Moral: Don't buy RACE ON USA body kits unless you have an insane perfectionist for a painter. I lucked out. Lol.

I bought a kit from Raceonusa.. Fits like crap and they are heavy as a rock.

I installed the sides and rear with "elbow grease" modification.. it fits right now.

As for the front bumper, chopped it. Taking the front lip and install it to 97 front bumper.

How's the fitment of the rear lip? Your painter probably had a migraine installing those kits... I did.

BTW: I got mine for $550.00 shipped... I really regret it, I should have spent a litlle more on AC or Wald.

Boohoo Raceonusa.

My Moral: You get what you paid for.

Last edited by JesLet; 12-04-07 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 05:09 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correction: we bought 2 body kits, so they gave us a discount. Only $399 shipped for one full kit. It was through eBay.
Strange... Kraze's didn't fit like that....does your brother have those little rubber things that are on the bottom of the hood? if not that might be the answer...The car and kit still looks good
Old 12-04-07, 08:40 AM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JesLet
I bought a kit from Raceonusa.. Fits like crap and they are heavy as a rock.

I installed the sides and rear with "elbow grease" modification.. it fits right now.

As for the front bumper, chopped it. Taking the front lip and install it to 97 front bumper.

How's the fitment of the rear lip? Your painter probably had a migraine installing those kits... I did.

BTW: I got mine for $550.00 shipped... I really regret it, I should have spent a litlle more on AC or Wald.

Boohoo Raceonusa.

My Moral: You get what you paid for.

He sure did hate it. But he really is a good guy, worked through all that crap and overall it really tested what he can do. He is a huge perfectionist. When I called him, he'd always say "Man, I don't know, I think it should come out...well alright, not great." But when we picked up it, it looked like post #1. Really blew us away. He had to fill A LOT of space because of how cheap and crappy the kit was, but overall, he made it look really good. He basically reshaped and filled the entire front bumper.

The side skirts are the only thing that really fit without any problems. The rear fit like the real JIC rear.

Yeah, I assume the reason why they are so cheap (and got cheaper from when you purchased it) was because they are made from cow dung. But again, if you have a painter that is up for it and really is a perfectionist, you got yourself a deal.

The reason Kraze's isn't as high is because my painter filled the higher part of the bumper, it was basically cracking when we got it. You could poke your finger through it and it would most likely make a hole if you applied enough force. We had to get that section filled so it wouldn't crack. We definitely did not want to put paint on a soft area like that.

The rear fit good after some filling of course. At first, when I saw it on the car before paint, it was comparable to the JIC rear. There was a little gap, not huge. You can see the original lines under the rear bumper in some parts. But my painter fixed that too. Filled it and looks really clean and flush, no gaps or anything. I will have pictures of the rear when I get my car back.

Last edited by kevincao01; 12-04-07 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-04-07, 11:08 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Strange... Kraze's didn't fit like that....does your brother have those little rubber things that are on the bottom of the hood? if not that might be the answer...The car and kit still looks good

Effing strange man, That's one of the reasons why I bought a set from Raceonusa, Krazematic's kit fit's well on his car. He's from CA and picked up the kit, I guess Krazematic have an option to chose which JIC fits right or looks right.

I also agree, your brother's car looks great
Old 12-04-07, 12:57 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this shot...

Can I get the high res version?
Old 12-04-07, 01:45 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Sure thing, send me an email address Chanh.
Old 12-04-07, 02:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These pics make great wallpaper!
Old 12-04-07, 02:40 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

WOW!!! That is freakin clean!!!! Very very nice!!
Old 12-04-07, 02:44 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Thanks guys. If you guys want any larger pictures, just let me know. Leave your email and which one you like and I'll be more than happy to send the larger ones to you.
Old 12-04-07, 02:48 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Thanks guys. If you guys want any larger pictures, just let me know. Leave your email and which one you like and I'll be more than happy to send the larger ones to you.
Tell your painter to hurry up.... I wanna see yours.
Old 12-04-07, 02:56 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure thing, send me an email address Chanh.
Chanh55@gmail.com
Old 12-04-07, 03:10 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JesLet
Tell your painter to hurry up.... I wanna see yours.
Lol. You're more impatient than me! Soon...I hope.

Originally Posted by chanh55
Picture sent! I left it at the original size because I don't know your resolution size. You're going to have to resize/crop it yourself. Enjoy.
Old 12-04-07, 03:14 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Do you have any rear pictures you can download right now?
Old 12-04-07, 03:21 PM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Here are some Jesse posted on TRS:

I will post better rears once we get more cloud cover and the sun isn't blaring full force.

Last edited by kevincao01; 12-04-07 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot of Brother's Car Fresh Out the Shop