SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 08:35 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Oh yea....3am, -4 degrees out, white-out drifting snow, and digging your stuck SC out of a ditch off Annie Glidden or Peace Rd....cause its easier to "tail-out" the car than turn.
annie glidden is a straight road why would i ever tail out in the middle of straight road in the middle of a blizzard? and i dont drive at 3am, im usually drunk by then.

oh definitely lots of fun to drive. but i know what you're talking about when you mention blizzard on annie glidden. still fun to drive. never had an issue of getting stuck in the sc. well once, last year, when i was drunk trying to move my car off my friends driveway so his GF could pull in.

before the sc i owned 3 subarus and celica. you cant beat AWD for the winter. if i had the choice i wouldnt drive the sc, but since i dont, i just take on the challenge.
Old 12-06-07, 09:11 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 190 Posts

Last year me and my bro went drifting.. I dont own an SC but I was in a 4x4 F250 and he was in an old RWD 22r celica. Got all that **** on film it was fun. He only hit one thing and it was a trash can cause someone put it way far out on the street. I didnt do bad myself either, never knew how much control you could have sliding sideways in a diesel 4x4 F250. People didn't expect to see me sideways with the wheels turned completely stomping on the gas going around corners
Old 12-06-07, 09:16 AM
LEXZILLA
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

No Snow Down Here In Bayou Country
Old 12-06-07, 01:19 PM
Pezlo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont mind driving in the snow but I hate it when I get STUCK!!!!!! omg, ive been stuck 4 times already for atleast 10 minutes at a time and up to 40! ugh!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-07, 02:27 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't had the chance to drive mine in the snow. Last year the clutch went out before the snow came, and this year it's on jackstands getting more done. Plus it's on drag radials so I doubt I'd be trying to survive in it anyway.
Old 12-06-07, 03:08 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Snow is why my SC stays in a garage for the winter. My SC400 has to be one of the worst cars I've driven in snow, it wouldn't make it up my driveway when I first got it, mind you summer tires don't help either. For now I get a PT cruiser 2-3 days a week as the winter car. Not bad but could be better. Spring seems like a long ways away...

SC owners should only drive their cars in the snow for these reasons...
1. The woman calls, she's naked and wants to play beer pong....Drive the SC
2. Her friends are going to stop by with drinks and play too....Drive the SC
3. Someone is trying to kill you....Call police, then Drive the SC
4. Your friend calls and wants you to take him to Gamestop cause some neat-O RPG game comes out at midnight that night....He's not your friend, hit him over the head, put him in trunk of SC (might have to fold in half) Drive to nearest farm field. Dispose. Tell yourself "Its for the best".
Hahaha this really made me laugh.
Old 12-06-07, 05:12 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
45ft above sea level! Ill be standing on my hill laughing when it happens
Yea...I know. I was just trying to make myself feel better for being up here in the cold and crappy. Flying down soon though....Counting the days!!!

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
annie glidden is a straight road why would i ever tail out in the middle of straight road in the middle of a blizzard? and i dont drive at 3am, im usually drunk by then.
Excellent!!! (I was referring to the intersection though.)

never had an issue of getting stuck in the sc. well once, last year, when i was drunk trying to move my car off my friends driveway so his GF could pull in.
Exceptional!!!

before the sc i owned 3 subarus and celica. you cant beat AWD for the winter. if i had the choice i wouldnt drive the sc, but since i dont, i just take on the challenge.
Keep on, Keeping on!!!
Old 12-06-07, 06:25 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...607_174700.flv

thats me leaving my friends house w/ the traction control on i believe if it doesnt work i just uploaded it to youtube and will get the link

no sound for some reason oh well..getting a digital cam. for xmas. you can see how bad im spinning w/ my rims haha. i also tried to make up my driveway..about a 35 degree incline w/ no avail until i turned off Traction control..spun my wheels to the pavement once spinning i turned TC on and made it up maybe 15 seconds later..there are some nice treadmarks on the pavement
Old 12-06-07, 06:52 PM
caleb11210
Driver School Candidate

oh snow... try living here in NY. central new york. it's snow central here right now... and there is constant snow on the road at all times. most people here know how to drive in the snow... and if you don't have snow tires then you're in a ditch, that's if you ever get out of your driveway. my friend just totaled his mom's minivan this week... he hit black ice and then a telephone pole. i wish i could get pictures... but i think his mom would get kinda pissed.
Old 12-06-07, 08:55 PM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty excited that this gets to stay like this until all the snow and salt is gone away =0)

Old 12-07-07, 02:47 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

wish i could do that every day. took the tahoe today even in 4hi it spins the wheels tahoe has a cai and thats it

that is a SEXY rear end though
Old 12-07-07, 10:16 PM
DA51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default March 2003 Blizzard

I installed cable type chains in the garage and drove to work in about 8 inches of snow at 4 AM. I drove home in 20+inches. We got 41 inches total. TRAC Control is a joke.
Attached Thumbnails Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)-img10.jpg  
Old 12-07-07, 10:27 PM
DA51
Driver

Default March 2003 Blizzard

After the storm.
This snow was a wet snow 6.6 inches equaled 1-inch of water. The typical December/January snow is dryer 10-12 inches of snow equals 1-inch of water.
Shoveling a 3-car driveway is no fun.
Bought Dunlop M2 Snow tires the next year. No substitute for chains/cables.
Attached Thumbnails Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)-img04.jpg  
Old 12-07-07, 10:50 PM
DA51
Driver

Default Global Warming?

We started off last Dec 20-21 with a 41-inch Blizzard. And the snow fell all winter. I shoveled a total of 109 inches off my 3-car driveway by May.
The mountains are getting dumped on right now. Not much snow in the city.
I'm trying to convince the wife to move where it never gets below 40 degrees, you know-motorcycle weather year round, but the idea is still mine.
Yell, I got an 05 F150 and REAL chains for the 2006 Blizzard/winter.
Attached Thumbnails Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)-img_0705.jpg  
Old 12-08-07, 08:50 AM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

jesus all this snow makes us here in nebraska look like a bunch of fools! we have barley gotten pissed on

Quick Reply: Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)