Veilside body kit VS others

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-02, 02:29 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by VeilsideSC400
Thank you for all your input:

Bean: I checked out other body kits and finally decided to purchase Veilside. I think Veilside Kit on SC400 will break some necks, with great rims of course.
break some necks? whose necks do you intend to break? general riceboys with their hopped up Civics? or people from the respectable crowd?

I would rather turn the heads of the respectable crowd; and IMO a veilside would only make them laugh; ESPECIALLY on a SC400

Best Rims to get are 5-zigen Copse. Bronze and 3-piece 18x8.5s in the front and 18x10s in the back
a polished 4" lip on high quality and high class rims looks awsome
Old 01-29-02, 02:32 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

that car looks nice except for two things:

1) the riceboyish/ghetto windshield banner (sorry, it looks lame with ANY full banner period, stickers in the center are ok; but paint matching banners look lame)

2) the front end... again this is Veilside's signature look; if you like the big mouth bass or catfish style front-end then go for it...
Old 01-29-02, 03:39 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bean, i'm with u on the windshield banner, but it's not like you wouldn't kill a man for that car, I know I would. It's off the hook, no, it's off the HINGES.
Old 01-29-02, 03:45 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Hey, that's not Brian's car is it? (VeilsideRSP)
Old 01-29-02, 09:01 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heh ive had the kit for a while, and while im starting to get tired of it... im not quite sure what kit id actually switch to. personally it fits the bodylines of the SC well, imo. fitment is 2nd to none. =)

-brian
'92 turbo veilside rsp sc300
awaiting sp63 / built motor
Old 01-29-02, 09:03 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

Originally posted by Bean
that car looks nice except for two things:

1) the riceboyish/ghetto windshield banner (sorry, it looks lame with ANY full banner period, stickers in the center are ok; but paint matching banners look lame)

2) the front end... again this is Veilside's signature look; if you like the big mouth bass or catfish style front-end then go for it...
*shrug* i like my car, and i do things to it for nobody else in this world, but me... (except perhaps my sponsors ;D)

-brian
Old 01-30-02, 06:14 AM
VeilsideSC400
Driver School Candidate

I like the car alot, nice rims and audio/video system, clean engine as well, NOT sure about the rear spoiler, banner, stickers though. Over all it's a great car. Thanks for posting.........

I went with Veilside's complete kit. Can't wait to see the outcome of my car.

hre 545 and 5-zigen Copse rims are nice. I might consider buying one of those, but am still have until Spring to shop for them. Still looking......

Bean, once my car is completed, you're going want one just like it.
~lol~.....
Old 01-30-02, 06:57 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I do not mean to diss ANYONE's car...

I'm just saying its not for me; this discussion is about Veilside's kit vs others... I'm commenting on the picture of the car.

I respect your right to put that on your car; its your car, you decide what it looks like.

And when your car is completed; my car will at least have a turbo kit; and more than that if things work out. (Like 20psi of boost, a 70shot of nitrous, 6-speed, LSD, AEM ECU, etc)

So unless your car has all of those things, then no
Old 01-30-02, 07:22 AM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

well, the car will look drastically different by the time it comes back out of the shop, & when my car is done, it'll have a fully built auto, a larger turbo setup (2 bar+ boost), built motor, speedpro, etc. and all the goodies that will hopefully justify my empty wallet lol.

actually i might try the aem, we're about to install one on a civic here at our shop. ill see how it turns out.

-brian
Old 01-30-02, 09:37 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Brian, yeah, thought that was your car. I dig it very much, keep me in mind when you switch kits, i'll be here waitin' for the Veilside pieces with cash in hand. Sooo, you know what i'm gonna ask you man, got any timeslips to post? 2+ bar of boost, hmm, that's close to 30psi, that thing is gonna rip, and I like the Speed Pro, it's got tons of features and is pretty user friendly, but let us know how the AEM is on the Civic, i've been waiting for someone to try their unit. I guess the SP63 and built auto will be going in before the ECU, have you been running a stock auto all this time? I'm a fan of HPC/thermal barrier/Swain coatings also, I like how you've utilized it.
Old 01-30-02, 05:31 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

lol the stock auto with 10psi on the toyomoto kit (t60-1 turbo) didnt last very long... it started slipping BAD after the first night i took it home. but, i suppose it shows how badass toyota/lexus is... the transmission never stopped working (still had all 4 gears) the couple months i drove it, and i drove it HARD. ill post some pics of how everything is going, the motor and tranny is out of the car right now... should be fun, but i really miss driving the car

-brian
Old 01-30-02, 08:17 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Sounds good, don't take too long to get it back together, or i'm flying down and having my rollaway shipped too. That's pretty amazing about the stock auto, can't believe you didn't burn up the friction plates/clutch bands with that much slippage, badass is right. You're going with the SP trans, right? I talked to a couple of guys about their unit, supposed to be real nice, Paisley told me to have Select build a unit for me, he said they can set me up with a unit that can handle the amount of hit I want to run, and it'll supposedly hold when juicing right out of the hole, even on a slick, as far as the axles, that's another story. Post some pics of the progress when you can, try not to go through boost withdrawal, I got the shakes the third day after I sold my GN.
Old 01-31-02, 07:19 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

at least its an SC300

Yeah, when I get the AEM ECU, maybe we can converse over fuel/ignition maps and see what we can come up with...
it's going to be a ***** to tune because i'd be using the supra N/A maps; i'd have to add in fuel maps for up to 25psi or something around that

but I want a street car; not a drag car
21psi on pump gas is my goal; with a little juice on top

i think even more would be possible with a Air/Liquid intercooler setup; when I've seen RX-7s run 20+psi on pump gas with them, it makes me want to get one. (fyi, THAT much boost on a RX-7 on pump gas is RARE)
Old 01-31-02, 01:06 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Can you say 'blown apex seals'?
Old 01-31-02, 01:11 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

yeah i can say that; but the car didn't get them

Can you say Ari Yallon who never blew his motor?

Can you say Steve Khan who also hasn't blown his motor?

Apex seals only blow from detonation; if you don't get any then they don't blow (aka: Not being a dip**** and having your car tuned correctly )

Just remember there are Puerto Ricans with 1/10th the budget of your buddy Paisley, and Vinny Tien and whoever else that is king of Supras... and they run low 7s with their RX-7s; and Siguel Racing is rumored to have run a high 6... while the Supras are still in the 8s

Siguel Racings RX-7 is a carb'd blow through turbo system with a standalone and a big turbo.

Apex seals may not take detonation as well as piston motors do; but they are the fastest imports in the world; so we'd best not doubt them

Quick Reply: Veilside body kit VS others