SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Somewhat new member picked up a 1993 SC300 5 speed black/grey

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 01:06 PM
rzuff
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seeya
were are you gettin the info you have for production numbers in you sig? I have a 97 red on black 5spd and always wondered how many there were
That is a rare one also. For me I know there were 910 made in 1993 do a search and it gives you the total 5 speeds made per year. I think 1997 was the lowest production for the 5 speed with only 120 made add red with black and you are talking a very rare car. For me I haven't scene a black with grey 5 speed ever but I am sure there out there. I think they 3883 made for the total production run in the 5 speed and I bet at least 65% had tan interior maybe more.

Also I would consider at least 900 of them wrecked,totaled or just parted out due to miles. So that leaves maybe 3000 of them out there. So that actually makes the 5 speed sc300 more rare then a Viper or NSX

See this post for more production information
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=production
Old 01-19-08, 04:06 PM
icec0ld
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rzuff
Just wanted to say hi and say how helpful this board has been.About 2 weeks ago I picked up my 1993 Sc300 5speed Black/Grey rare from what I have read 108k on it very clean. One owner car bone stock except for tint. I bought it in Houston and drove it back to Socal 1st day did 13 hours of driving and might be the most comfortable car I have ever had. Car passed smog without issue. I can't even start to say how much I love this car. I also own a C5 Corvette but the build quality is night and day although the Corvette can run circles around it in every way performance wise. Currently looking for a new set of 18's for it and looking forward to doing a few other tweaks since this will be my daily driver.
Wsup man? tails look good, goes really well with the black body! I see you haven't found some wheels yet though.

Anyways, GL with your plans. I'll see you around!
Old 01-19-08, 04:12 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

hey nice car, did you buy it from a benz dealership? and by the way, your car is the cleanest 5 speed ive ever seen
Old 01-19-08, 06:58 PM
rzuff
Rookie

Originally Posted by jmd93
hey nice car, did you buy it from a benz dealership? and by the way, your car is the cleanest 5 speed ive ever seen

Actually I did buy it from a Benz dealer. Matter a fact a Autonation dealer Benz Dealer in Houston. It was a trade in for a new Mercedes pretty much bought it sight unscene with my Amex card they had 3 other people that wanted it. Paint is really glossy and had a paintless dent guy remove several dings a couple days ago.
Old 01-19-08, 07:10 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the SC, looks like a nice one!
Old 01-19-08, 09:55 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, man, I can't believe it. I've been waiting to see this thread...That **** was mine.

I drove all the way there the Sat before you picked it up, test drove it, told them I wanted it, and the f-ing scumbag salesguy said he'd hold the car and hide it so it wouldn't get sold, instead of taking my check, and look..you got it.

Did you manage to fix the airbag light, the noisy clutch problem and the non working side mirrors yet?

Other than that...the car is a beaut..

Last edited by RyanV; 01-19-08 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-20-08, 07:15 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Beautiful car and a nice find.

Here are some recommendations I have.

1) Skip spraying the factory tails and go straight to a 97+ conversion.
2) IMO, I don't think there is a better spoiler for the SCs than the one that's on it.
3) A slight drop on some Tanabes would be perfect!
Old 01-20-08, 07:25 AM
rzuff
Rookie

Originally Posted by RyanV
Dude, man, I can't believe it. I've been waiting to see this thread...That **** was mine.

I drove all the way there the Sat before you picked it up, test drove it, told them I wanted it, and the f-ing scumbag salesguy said he'd hold the car and hide it so it wouldn't get sold, instead of taking my check, and look..you got it.

Did you manage to fix the airbag light, the noisy clutch problem and the non working side mirrors yet?

Other than that...the car is a beaut..
Sorry when I called that Tuesday they said it was still for sale told them I will take it and put the whole car on my Amex card and picked it up on Saturday. Airbag light was fixed when I stopped at my parents house in Albuquerque with the help of this forum. It just needed to be reset and hasn't come back. The noisy clutch noise has really gone down and isn't really that noticeable after driving 2500+ miles. Mirror Ecu on order which was a $35.00 fix . If it makes you feel better I did get a speeding ticket in Texas coming home the 1st I have had in 10+ years.Good luck on your search.
Old 01-20-08, 07:30 AM
rzuff
Rookie

Originally Posted by shern
Beautiful car and a nice find.

Here are some recommendations I have.

1) Skip spraying the factory tails and go straight to a 97+ conversion.
2) IMO, I don't think there is a better spoiler for the SCs than the one that's on it.
3) A slight drop on some Tanabes would be perfect!
Not a fan of the 97+ tails + the added cost could be spent elsewhere
Yep Happy with the Sc400 spoiler I lucked out finding one in black right away.
I may do a Eibach drop since the car is my daily driver but we will see. New wheels are currently my top priorty
Old 01-20-08, 07:52 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

If it makes you feel better I did get a speeding ticket in Texas coming home the 1st I have had in 10+ years.Good luck on your search.
No, that doesn't make me feel better. Well.. maybe a little better

Interestingly enough, after all the crap the Mercedes dealer fed me. I did find a Sc300 5spd in Houston for $3900 last week, and I bought it.
Old 01-21-08, 10:19 PM
rzuff
Rookie

Originally Posted by RyanV
No, that doesn't make me feel better. Well.. maybe a little better

Interestingly enough, after all the crap the Mercedes dealer fed me. I did find a Sc300 5spd in Houston for $3900 last week, and I bought it.
Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 01-22-08, 09:29 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Looks JUST like mine minus the front SC400 lip and the spoiled. I have no lip and a 1997+ spoiler.
Old 01-22-08, 09:45 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Thanks,

I guess it did work out ok, and I saved some cash. On the way to get a CEL scanned right now. I think I have a bad 02

Ryan
Old 01-22-08, 11:47 AM
RedSC
Pole Position

wow, that's nice 300 rzuff, where in SOCAL are u man? i'd love to check it out.
Old 01-22-08, 04:13 PM
rzuff
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedSC
wow, that's nice 300 rzuff, where in SOCAL are u man? i'd love to check it out.
I am in Lake Elsinore but I may come out to some of the meets when I get some time.

Reid

Quick Reply: Somewhat new member picked up a 1993 SC300 5 speed black/grey