SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wow..... lol This one is worth sharing

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 05:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts
Default Wow..... lol This one is worth sharing

OHHHHH I am so glad I don't have to deal with the public anymore. LOL!

Brandon just forwarded this over and it was too good not to share. The personal info was edited out incase you are wondering.

The RED is his first inquiry. The blue is Brandon's response, and the green is the guys response to that. WOW what kind of drugs are circulating these days..... I need some strong stuff like this

HERE IS THE SCREEN SHOT

The story goes some guy sent his SC cluster to be worked on. It got fixed and sent back over like always. Well, it seems that fed ex apparently knocked a tab off the unit. No big deal, right? Shipping damage happens to packages all over the country every day.... just file a claim with fed ex.......right?

LOL... if you've read that screen shot by now you have to be scratching your head. File a claim with fed ex for shipping damage..... nope.... blame the company that shipped it for improper packaging. BETTER PLAN!

Wait... there's a problem with that..... over 1,000 people in just this forum alone have sent their units over to Brandon and know that YOU do the packaging, not them. You are the one who put it in the box, packed it, and sent it! So the guy is pissed at the packaging being insufficient but he packed it and shipped it!

I figured I could brighten your days a little and pass this funny along. OH and did you notice nothing was said to set this guy off? He just popped like a balloon! LOL. Remember when you are at work and down it could always be worse...... You could have this guy to deal with.

Edit:typo.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-04-08 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-04-08, 05:12 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Epic failing
Old 02-04-08, 05:18 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Old 02-04-08, 05:19 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

LOL, I sit and wait just for those pics............ (but you've used that one a few times, find a new one )
Old 02-04-08, 05:38 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Old 02-04-08, 05:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I like the dog one I guess. I used to breed dogs that did flyball tournaments so that one hits home.... ROFL. There re some dumb dogs in those contests. One ran the course backwards.
Old 02-04-08, 05:40 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 02-04-08, 05:45 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 02-04-08, 05:53 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 02-04-08, 06:03 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry dont find it funny. absurd and ridiculous behavior on the park of the customer...yes.

its weird that the guy just flipped out like that. maybe he didnt get laid the previous night. lol.

as far as it being his own fault for packaging doesnt make much sense to me. if i package something and send it somewhere to have it serviced i expect it to be sent back packaged in the same manner if not better. if the guy didnt package his cluster correctly to begin with then Lextech should have informed him of damage prior to performing any work to cover their rear end. if they didnt inform him of damage then there was none. then lextech is responsible for the cluster. when i ship parts back to customers after performing work i always do my best to repackage it, even if the customer didnt do it to begin with. last thing i want is to be responsible for shipping damage due to poor packaging. it doesnt matter who does the initial packaging. it matter who does the final packaging before it goes out to the customer.

it like doing a walk-around of a car when it comes to a shot to get work performed. if the shop does not note scratches on the bumper and then the customer claims that there were none he will be right all day long. the shop cannot prove otherwise since they did not note it on the work order and it will hold up in small claims court all day long.
Old 02-04-08, 06:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I think you missed it ......

(a) it wasn't broken so they couldn't have informed him it was.

(b) Bradon is not a shipping company. If you want to pay $30 more for every unit for him to drop it at kinkos and be repacked I'm sure he will, but I doubt anyone else will. You are talking about something completely different. Vehicle scratches in an auto shop V/S shipping damage, they are not even remotely related. One the shop does, one the shipping company does. Totally different liability. Also it does state on the site to pack it how you want it packed because it comes back the same way. The owner packs it for shipment thereby assuming responsibility for it's packing. That's the entire point.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-04-08 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-04-08, 06:26 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i got it...

Lextech shipped it. it came in broken. hes responsible. if he doesnt wanna be responsible then he should pack it safely. its the only way to make sure you provide proper customer service. i dont wanna bash Lextech. they do good work but thats just my opinion. Fedex will look at it and say since it wasnt properly packaged from lextech they wont cover it. they wont care how it was packeged to begin with before it came to them.
Old 02-04-08, 06:43 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm kinda agreeing with 5spd_jzz30 on this one, not that Lextech made any mistakes, but personally, if i had a business like that, i would make sure that everything was packaged perfectly, because honestly people acting this way shouldnt be a huge surprise, there are *******s everywhere and when you are dealing a with a large number of people, you should expect to come across a few of them. I dont think it is Lextech's fault at all, I'm just saying that they should cover their *** a little better in the future...

the $2 extra to pack it better seems worth the security of knowing that issues like this will never be an issue.