SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

someone HIT my SC!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-08, 05:25 PM
trippah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
they could say its your fault for failure to yield..its happened to me before..

you should have just kicked his *** and robbed him...

i would've since there was 3 of my friends with me, but it was in front of a safeway...and there was a lot of ppl in the parking lot
Old 02-14-08, 05:28 PM
trippah
Driver

Originally Posted by ponytail 4
That sucks! Hopefully you get the money out of the guy. I got bopped in the front of my SC yesterday in a parking lot too. My car was parked and some clown figured that he or she was in the spot when they tap my front. Just spider webbed the paint by the drivers headlight but still left a little flat spot.
that happened to me too! right when i bought the car, i pulled into a cheveron's gas station and he reversed and tapped me on my bumper. The bumper isnt damaged or anything but it does have spider web cracks around the headlight area. He just gave me $300 for the minor mishap, and i was fine with it after.
Old 02-14-08, 08:19 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your mishap.

If they are going to give you 2k for that, you might as well find a black door in a yard or something and pocket the rest.
Old 02-14-08, 08:28 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely get insurance involved.
Old 02-14-08, 08:34 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow, that sucks. this is the 3rd black 97+ sc that i know of that has damage like that on the door. hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-14-08, 08:52 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

At least it didnt go into the rear quarter panel.. that would of been a headache
Old 02-14-08, 09:05 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

yeah rear quater sucks.... jsut dropped mine off..... i would have taken his money then go to insurnace make him pay for being a dumbass
Old 02-14-08, 09:29 PM
richflip
Driver School Candidate

I'd up the price and take the cash. Insurance is a pain to deal with - they always try to get out of paying claims to deserving customers. Got a friend in my office who was an adjuster before he became a realtor and left the insurance industry because it was so full of crap.

You should find out where he lives and superglue the caps onto the valve stems of his POS car which obviously didn't come with side view mirrors or a seat where you can shoulder check.

*Damn the incompetent...*
Old 02-14-08, 11:52 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

That sucks... I say do it through insurance. If he tried to blame you on the spot he's probaby going to do the same to his insurance company. Tell your insurance company to kick his **** for not looking. Good luck though.

Originally Posted by trippah
i would've since there was 3 of my friends with me, but it was in front of a safeway...and there was a lot of ppl in the parking lot
If it ever happens again, make sure you make a scene so everyone sees it... voala... accident witnesses I did that (there were 5 people in this Rav4, all teenagers and just myself in my Soarer when they slammed into my car)... I kicked up a fuss in front of a restaurant (which happened to be where the accident occured), they've got nowhere to hide.
Old 02-15-08, 12:19 AM
trippah
Driver

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Sorry about your mishap.

If they are going to give you 2k for that, you might as well find a black door in a yard or something and pocket the rest.
yeah i was thinking about that too...or maybe someone on CL is selling a black door? just a maybe though..
Old 02-15-08, 12:21 AM
trippah
Driver

Originally Posted by howiedoit
wow, that sucks. this is the 3rd black 97+ sc that i know of that has damage like that on the door. hope everything works out for you.
yeah it does suck...just got the car like 5 months ago and its already been in an accident. my car is actually a 1992 sc just had the conversion on. hopefully a couple of friends will help me get a good deal on another sc door.
Old 02-15-08, 12:24 AM
trippah
Driver

Originally Posted by richflip
I'd up the price and take the cash. Insurance is a pain to deal with - they always try to get out of paying claims to deserving customers. Got a friend in my office who was an adjuster before he became a realtor and left the insurance industry because it was so full of crap.

You should find out where he lives and superglue the caps onto the valve stems of his POS car which obviously didn't come with side view mirrors or a seat where you can shoulder check.

*Damn the incompetent...*
lol..thats actually a good idea.."superglue the caps onto the valve stems"...its too bad because he was traveling down to california for something but he lives in Ohio. He had an ohio license plate. IF he DID LIVE in california near me...it could be another fun night for me and a couple of friends
Old 02-15-08, 12:26 AM
trippah
Driver

Originally Posted by rvaquino
At least it didnt go into the rear quarter panel.. that would of been a headache
Originally Posted by VinnyQH
yeah rear quater sucks.... jsut dropped mine off..... i would have taken his money then go to insurnace make him pay for being a dumbass

when the accident happened...i was PRAYING that he didnt ***** up my quater panel...luckily he didnt...
Old 02-15-08, 12:53 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a black driver door that's perfect for you.
Old 02-15-08, 04:55 AM
WoRKeDiT
Driver

good thing its jus the door

Quick Reply: someone HIT my SC!!