SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Removing Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 12:59 PM
swaqqa
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Carpet

Hey, just wanted to know how do you go about pulling out the carpet in the sc's. I want to tackle this, just want to make sure I dont break nothing. I already got the seats out, im replacing my carpet basically.
Old 02-20-08, 01:06 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has this not been covered before?

Take out rear seats. Take out center console. Pull up the covers over the door jamb. From there you will be able to unclip the carpet and pull it up.

Jonny
Old 02-20-08, 01:37 PM
swaqqa
Driver

No it has not been covered mr. obvious it seems. Ok, so i'll just go and pull up on my center console just like you've stated. Thanks for the great directions. Take out center console and pull on my covers. Yes sir. smh. If your NOT going to help, PLEASE do not Post in the thread. Its as SIMPLE as that, if its been Covered and you dont see the NEED to say how, then simply DONT POST. Its that EASY
Old 02-20-08, 01:47 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by swaqqa
No it has not been covered mr. obvious it seems. Ok, so i'll just go and pull up on my center console just like you've stated. Thanks for the great directions. Take out center console and pull on my covers. Yes sir. smh. If your NOT going to help, PLEASE do not Post in the thread. Its as SIMPLE as that, if its been Covered and you dont see the NEED to say how, then simply DONT POST. Its that EASY

Hey newbie, find another forum with that kind of attitude.

It's been covered before and you need to search. Stu.
Old 02-20-08, 02:01 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Has this not been covered before?

Take out rear seats. Take out center console. Pull up the covers over the door jamb. From there you will be able to unclip the carpet and pull it up.

Jonny
Originally Posted by swaqqa
OK Newb, I strongly suggest you lose your attitude.

You asked how to remove the carpet, so I told you. If you can't work out how to do what I said then I suggest you pay someone to do it.

There are a ton of posts on how to remove the center console - please let me know if you would like me to direct you to one.

After your last remark, I am not actually sure why I am taking the time out of my day to help your rude, inconsiderate, ungrateful self.

Jonny
Old 02-20-08, 02:27 PM
swaqqa
Driver

They called me newbie. How cute
Old 02-20-08, 02:36 PM
swaqqa
Driver

Umm, mods can just close this up. I will just not ask for help anymore, I get offtopic posts about being newbie, and obvious statements of "Take out the center console and pull on parts*. I mean, a Child could've knew just to pull stuff out, I was just trying to do it without breaking anything. I would like no rattles. Thanks in advance for locking

Sincerely,
The Newb