SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

BBS LMs on my SC300 :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 06:33 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
this is a perfect example of what not to do. the different parts of the car look good on their own. the car is clean. the wheels on their own look good....if they were on an s2000. when you put the two together you get a stock look since the wheels are so sunken in probably to a tune of about 2000 bucks at least. i like those wheels but if you dont get them in right offsets they look like crap.

ill be brutally honest. since you have an rx7 (fc or fd?) put these wheels on that. they would look better. or better yet sell them because people are suckers for a name brand and you can get some good money for them. in exchange get some enkei rpf-01 or some work wheels.

thats just my $0.02. dont start flaming on my opinions and how im wrong. wheels shouldnt be compromised. if you cant find the right ones then wait. the way the wheels sit right now. if you lower it you will probably need something like a custom 350-40mm to make it look right.

car
wheels
car+wheels=
with that said how long should one wait. Are you still waiting? do you have any updated pics showing us "how we should roll" ?
Old 03-03-08, 06:40 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a perfect example of what not to do. the different parts of the car look good on their own. the car is clean. the wheels on their own look good....if they were on an s2000. when you put the two together you get a stock look since the wheels are so sunken in probably to a tune of about 2000 bucks at least. i like those wheels but if you dont get them in right offsets they look like crap.

ill be brutally honest. since you have an rx7 (fc or fd?) put these wheels on that. they would look better. or better yet sell them because people are suckers for a name brand and you can get some good money for them. in exchange get some enkei rpf-01 or some work wheels.

thats just my $0.02. dont start flaming on my opinions and how im wrong. wheels shouldnt be compromised. if you cant find the right ones then wait. the way the wheels sit right now. if you lower it you will probably need something like a custom 350-40mm to make it look right.

car
wheels
car+wheels=
you really think those look that sunken? their not perfect. but the rim itself looks fairly even to the fender. just because the cool thing to do around here is stretch tires and have rim sticking out doesn't mean other people shouldn't maintain some sort of driveability. i know my car gets driven.
Old 03-03-08, 07:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks great man, don't worry about the offsets, i think your car has a good stance.
Old 03-03-08, 07:10 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car
wheels
car+wheels=
The wheels are almost flush with the fender you idiot.
Old 03-03-08, 08:10 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im not an idiot and if thats flush then you have some kind of an eye problem. my supra tt wheels look just as flush....and they are no where near flush.

im not talking about the stretched tire and rims sticking out look.

flush is when you can fit one finger between the tire and the fender. doesnt mean you have to have a 225 stretched on a 10" wheels. you can have a fairly square tire with a fender roll and lowered stance that will give you that look.

CleanCL i see where youre coming from because you live in NY. roads there suck for the most part. chicago isnt much better. if you have properly valved shocks then you cans still maintain nice ride comfort.

bigmalik00....wait as long as necessary. if im spending 2000 or more for wheels i woudnt settle for something that i will regret after a while. i dont wanna walk out everyday look at the wheels and say "god damn it i want better wheels"
Old 03-03-08, 08:19 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

car
wheels
car+wheels=

I waited almost 4 months before finding the perfect wheels i wanted. It realy is a shltty feeling going out and looking at your car and wishing you had done something else with it, especially if it was a real high price item like $2k on wheels.

But on the otherhand, I dont think the wheels look THAT bad on the car. I think theres some slight eggageration on 5sp_jzz30's part...But nothing a set of spacers wont fix =)

Last edited by evileagle; 03-03-08 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-03-08, 08:23 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evileagle
thank you. finally someone agrees that together the car and wheels dont look their best.

get some work equips for your sc. get some 18x10+15ish and 18x11+0. that will tuck under stock fenders no problem and with the money you get for the LM's you can definitely afford it.
Old 03-03-08, 08:36 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The offsets are on the conservative side, but I think it looks pretty good on the stock body. Roll on them for a while and see how you like them. If you are not satisfied I'm sure you would have no problem selling them for another set of wheels. At the end of the day, its how you yourself feel about the car.
Old 03-03-08, 08:37 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanCL
you really think those look that sunken? their not perfect. but the rim itself looks fairly even to the fender. just because the cool thing to do around here is stretch tires and have rim sticking out doesn't mean other people shouldn't maintain some sort of driveability. i know my car gets driven.
Even when I mentioned the conservative offsets, I was not implying to stretch tires whatsoever. 18x9.5 +30 or +35 is what I was thinking about and with that, he can still run a 265, no stretch necessary. With a nice drop, that would be a pretty nice setup.

And what does stretch tire have anything to do with driveability? I drive my car hard and I drive it daily...
Old 03-03-08, 08:40 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

CleanCL i see where youre coming from because you live in NY. roads there suck for the most part. chicago isnt much better. if you have properly valved shocks then you cans still maintain nice ride comfort.
ride comfort isn't the main priority... just damaging my rims. =[ plus i also need rims to clear big brakes so it makes it that much more difficult, not as easy swapping to a stock rim in the winter. like i said, i know it's not a perfect fit, but it doesn't look horribly sunken like my 17x7.5 wheels look, i guess if you are spending that much money on LMs, you should just make sure you get the right offset. otherwise i will be sticking to some factory rims until the a winter car gets purchased to keep the SC off the road in the bad weather.
Old 03-03-08, 08:44 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

I'll roll on them for a bit till I get bored or something.
Old 03-03-08, 09:59 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i love those wheels. can you post some closer shots of the wheels and how they sit relative to the fender...and the lip size. thanks!
Old 03-03-08, 10:09 AM
sc5spd
Driver

nice wheels
Old 03-03-08, 10:18 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by howiedoit
i love those wheels. can you post some closer shots of the wheels and how they sit relative to the fender...and the lip size. thanks!
I'll take close up shots of the wheels when I go back to the shop. The 2JZ-GE should be out by then too.
Old 03-03-08, 10:53 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
And what does stretch tire have anything to do with driveability? I drive my car hard and I drive it daily...
do you have potholes in cali? we do in ny. around here with minimal tire protection, wheels don't last long if the car is daily driven.

sorry to get off topic... nice rims, but will look much better once it's lowered. :]

Quick Reply: BBS LMs on my SC300 :)