34.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Junk Yards Love or hate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 04:59 AM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The junk yard around here is horrendous in my opinion. My most recent encounter (and probably my last)... I went in to see if they had any radiators from a V-8 G-body for my Buick. I go to the counter and say "Where do you guys keep your G-body's?" The guy replys "I don't think he's here today"........................ Really? Does G-Body sound anything like Dave, or Mike, or Junior? Just wow. Once I got the information out of him they were on the opposite side, all the way at the back (10 - 15 minute walk, place is huge). This is also the place that got busted for being a chop shop some years back.

I hear there are actual GOOD junk yards in different places, but I've never seen one.
Old 03-05-08, 08:53 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

We have several nice yards in the area. I don't go to yards anymore where I can't walk back and check the car out.

So far, I have found ONE yard within an hour from me that has an SC and it happens to be a 400 with a smashed front end...but not too bad.
Old 03-05-08, 09:31 AM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Maybe I should just start a nice yard, apart from the junk yard that is my actual yard . Though I'm sure everyone that starts one does so with the best intentions.
Old 03-05-08, 10:00 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

not really. They start making all that money and just start losing it from there. Greed will do that to you
Old 03-05-08, 10:00 AM
EpixINC
Driver

im in hawaii and there is like one on the island of Oahu that is even worth going to... however here, its always you pull your own parts. which helps a lot! got a perfect condition back seat top and bottom for 50 bucks cuz someone didnt realize u gotta pull the three bolts out to take it off and the bent it just trying to get it out... so i came in and asked for it. he said, since its broke u can have it for 50 bucks. easy fix just bent it back LOL but someone destroyed the dash before i could get to it.... all the plastic just got ripped out.... i miss the texas junk yards....
Old 03-05-08, 10:01 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

don't worry your not missing a whole lot
Old 03-05-08, 12:48 PM
sa_dude1
Driver School Candidate

talkin bout texas yards
anyone know who has sc near the san antonio area
ive called almost all but they are helpless
Old 03-07-08, 04:35 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually pick for my Accord, never for the Lex. One of these days tho, when I get around to projects with it, I might consider a few goofy parts.

But for me, there is nothing better then ripping up a car in order to get a small part that will cost you much new. It's alot of fun I think! I can't wait for summer to pop up again!
Old 03-07-08, 02:48 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

man i can't even find any sc's at jy'ds around my hood
Old 03-18-08, 08:46 PM
Slow_Sc3
Lead Lap

yeah both the auto yards by my house never have any lexus sc3/400's
Old 03-22-08, 05:36 PM
Markae86
Driver School Candidate

Default Yard talk

All this talk about junk yards has led me to notice one thing. There isn’t a Junkyard thread. I don’t know were most of the people on this forum started at, I started on Club4ag. A 1984 thru 1987 Toyota corolla based forum. Were we had a junkyard thread. If you’re not sure what I'm talking about allow me to elaborate for you. You happened to be in they’re junkyard maybe looking for something ells or looking for an SC and you happen to find one, Or any other Lexus for that matter. You come back home and you post it. Were it is and what is was. The more info the better. Here we go, Ill start. If you happen to live in So Cal, There is a junkyard in San Bernardino off of Waterman and 6th st. They happen to have an IS350 (2004) looks like it was rolled a 92 SC400 Crash bad in front I believe they had 2 LS400 not sure on the year I didn’t really look. They also had a few ES's Sorry for the ES guys out there I really didn’t look to see what they were year wise. So there you have it. If you have any info on a yard that might help someone out, please post it. That’s what the forums are here for. To help each other out. Not say that we know something and the say "oh but I not telling"
Old 03-23-08, 12:12 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markae86
All this talk about junk yards has led me to notice one thing. There isn’t a Junkyard thread. I don’t know were most of the people on this forum started at, I started on Club4ag. A 1984 thru 1987 Toyota corolla based forum. Were we had a junkyard thread. If you’re not sure what I'm talking about allow me to elaborate for you. You happened to be in they’re junkyard maybe looking for something ells or looking for an SC and you happen to find one, Or any other Lexus for that matter. You come back home and you post it. Were it is and what is was. The more info the better. Here we go, Ill start. If you happen to live in So Cal, There is a junkyard in San Bernardino off of Waterman and 6th st. They happen to have an IS350 (2004) looks like it was rolled a 92 SC400 Crash bad in front I believe they had 2 LS400 not sure on the year I didn’t really look. They also had a few ES's Sorry for the ES guys out there I really didn’t look to see what they were year wise. So there you have it. If you have any info on a yard that might help someone out, please post it. That’s what the forums are here for. To help each other out. Not say that we know something and the say "oh but I not telling"
I like the idea, but hope they call it salvage yard rather then junk yard. Up here in Northern Illinois, luxury cars are, well, a luxury to see at a salvage yard, especially at the pick-n-pull lots.
Old 03-23-08, 09:32 AM
Markae86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipicanez
I like the idea, but hope they call it salvage yard rather then junk yard. Up here in Northern Illinois, luxury cars are, well, a luxury to see at a salvage yard, especially at the pick-n-pull lots.
Well the main reason your not seeing luxury car in the pick in pull lot is because they focus on cars that are 10 years old and older. So right now you’re looking at per 98 cars. Every now and then they throw a newer car in the mix but that’s the reason why. You just have to keep an eye out for them. Make a trip to the yard once a month. You’ll find an SC before you know it.
Old 04-22-08, 07:17 AM
MotoSC
Driver

I don't know how it is there, but in Michigan i just go and take the stuff off myself. Then you know it's done right.
Old 04-22-08, 03:05 PM
desol11
Rookie

i love jy except one and it is called toyota heaven. i went there to see if they had the sub woofer cover. i saw one there and i asked the guy how much for the cover and he told me like 110$. i said for just this little piece, his reply was well it is a lexus. moral of the story is i hate toyota heaven. found that same cover at another jy for 20$