SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Get origin roof spoiler?
yes, would look good black w/ no trunk spoiler on RSP
54.55%
no, keep the clean lines of the coupe
45.45%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

I need your opinion on a roof spoiler guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 09:49 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about where the poll is: 50/50. Do they really help the drag coefficient? It kind of reminds me a little of the 92-96 spoiler, just on the roof.
Old 03-10-08, 10:22 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the roof spoiler but i wish it didnt angle up so much...and was flatter...
Old 03-11-08, 12:09 AM
justinSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
not great but you get the idea

*Don't flame the wing I'm not going for VIP or clean I am going for Drift style*

I haven't ever been a fan of this roof spoiler but with that kit your car definitely pulls it off. Loving it, you've got the drift style down with that wing there too.
Old 03-11-08, 12:24 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it, but I think it would have to be painted so it looks OEM. By covering the rear wing of RonTom's car it looks like it could be stock. I would buy it if I had the spare change.
Old 03-11-08, 05:55 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Baoser
i like the roof spoiler but i wish it didnt angle up so much...and was flatter...
When its on the car it is pretty much level with the roof there is very little angle. Also I have no idea how much drag or downforce it create but I do know before I put my GT wing on I was running that with no trunk spoiler and even then with water on the back windshield there was a very big difference in air flow. Up until highway speeds the water would pretty much be untouched with the roof wing there when before it would blow off at about 15 mph. Air flow changed as well. The water droplets show air flow sweeping in from the sides of the car along the window pillars not over the top any more. With the addition of my GT wing that whole area behind my windshield is kind of void of air flow except what sneaks in from the sides of the car. This is only an observation from driving with water on the car and how the water moves. Don't hold me to anything. haha

Last edited by TheRonTom3; 03-11-08 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 10:00 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
When its on the car it is pretty much level with the roof there is very little angle. Also I have no idea how much drag or downforce it create but I do know before I put my GT wing on I was running that with no trunk spoiler and even then with water on the back windshield there was a very big difference in air flow. Up until highway speeds the water would pretty much be untouched with the roof wing there when before it would blow off at about 15 mph. Air flow changed as well. The water droplets shoe air flow sweeping in from the sides of the car along the window pillars not over the top any more. With the addition of my GT wing that whole area behind my windshield is kind of void of air flow except what senaks in from the sides of the car. This is only an observation from driving with water on the car and how the water moves. Don't hold me to anything. haha
haha icic, well I've seen it in person on hellaflush's car, he is my twin except he has different wheels, and no tint. iunno im borderline on getting it...but for me since it is mainly cosmetic, maintenance has first priority...
Old 03-11-08, 10:28 AM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baoser
SUp george I made a prototype roof spoiler and it is flatter and not so angle. I will post picture sometime this week
Old 03-11-08, 10:39 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

wewt nice johnny!!! lemme know
Old 03-11-08, 04:02 PM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Not exactly lab conditions but before the roof spoiler :

I used to, on the way home from work. Coast from going 75 the last 1/2 mile to the exit ramp (i.e.: take it out of 5th and just go in neutral). I would almost always (depending on wind/traffic) be right at 60 when I hit the ramp.

Was the exact same after I put on the spoiler. No noticeable difference. Could do something weird with that wing you got on the back though. I'm not an aerodynamics guy. I would venture to guess it's not going to do much, and what it does do probably isn't for the better. I just like the way it looks + rare part. Plus it's mad tyte. Anyone got a spare wind tunnel we can borrow?
Old 03-11-08, 09:10 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i like it without, but if your going for a more sportier look then i say get it. it dosent change the cars apperance a great amount, but hey if you dont like it you can always sell it to someone here, Im pretty sure someone will get from you.
Old 03-12-08, 04:49 AM
RexNICO
Pole Position

I like the look of the roof wing, but wonder if it will look out of place on a car with no rear spoiler or body kit of any kind.

I say give it a try and if it doesn't work out, sell it.
Old 03-12-08, 05:24 AM
boosted1
Driver

personally i love it, im gonna go with the same style
Old 04-06-08, 12:19 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know.....

Sometimes it looks good, and sometimes it looks wack....

So, I really dont know.......
Old 04-28-08, 10:50 PM
Brendon
Pole Position

I see a lot of roof spoilers on old Integras and Hondas around my neighborhood, so thats partially why I think they look tacky. I say keep the SCs roofline clean
Old 04-30-08, 08:25 AM
schase
Pole Position

Default q

if u like it
buy it
every1 sc gotta look differnet

Quick Reply: I need your opinion on a roof spoiler guys