SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Curious how many sc break ins?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 11:56 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

came in this thread expecting a bunch of people with brand new engines, that are breaking them in lololol
Old 03-14-08, 03:09 PM
stylez1006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Old Soarer: Some twit tried to break in (seems like they used a screwdriver) and attacked the B-pillar with no luck... so I was stuck with a buldging passenger's B-pillar. This was parked on the street outside of where I used to go to college.

Current Soarer: No break-in attempts but has been vandalised 3 times (3x key scratches... big ones at that).
SMH.... damn haterZ

or

ex girlfriends.
Old 03-14-08, 03:44 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

I had my old All-Trac celica broken into once before I sold it and they stole the radio. Same night: They also got into my OLD Cummins and stole the head unit from that as well. I left the truck unlocked though....lol. I regret getting rid of both of those.

Mostly there is no crime here in my town. Too many Amish people.
Old 03-14-08, 03:57 PM
Hawkman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Old Soarer: Some twit tried to break in (seems like they used a screwdriver) and attacked the B-pillar with no luck... so I was stuck with a buldging passenger's B-pillar. This was parked on the street outside of where I used to go to college.

Current Soarer: No break-in attempts but has been vandalised 3 times (3x key scratches... big ones at that).
Dude, that sucks. Are there a bunch of *******s in Aussie, or are you one and people have it out for you?
Old 03-14-08, 08:03 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

From a bunch of off topic posts, to back on track in a split second. Technology is wonderful. Take it as a request towards how the future of this thread will go. :
Old 03-14-08, 09:11 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

yeah i started this thread to see how much jack****** like to **** up sc's cause i hope they dont touch mine
Old 03-15-08, 04:52 AM
labrealiv
Driver

Originally Posted by sc300fives
came in this thread expecting a bunch of people with brand new engines, that are breaking them in lololol

Would ask you to go in a corner and wear a dunce hat...

but great belly laugh dude!!!!

Old 03-16-08, 10:31 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

80% of car theft happens when your car is at the mall or some big parking lots /structures like that
Old 03-17-08, 03:16 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by labrealiv

Would ask you to go in a corner and wear a dunce hat...

but great belly laugh dude!!!!

well thank you sir lol
Old 03-17-08, 05:00 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Ironically my car got broken into once when it was stock with just window tint about 3 years ago, stupid thieves broke passenger window and stole my nextel charger. This was in my condo parking lot. The car spends most of it's time in a garage now so I don't worry too much.
Old 03-17-08, 09:07 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

they have to get past my Remington 870 hd =] loaded with Slugs and 3" 00 magnums

dam... to bad my car is parked outside! o well at least my pad is a nice place.
Old 03-17-08, 05:37 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

generally I would say our cars are "Not that desired" by theives.

As compared to civics, accords, saturns, maximas, silverados, escalades, s2ks, 240sx's etc
Old 03-17-08, 10:38 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

my aftermarket alarm keeps it protected it was my first mod
Old 03-18-08, 04:32 AM
labrealiv
Driver

Originally Posted by nobleblack
haha the civic got broken into once at a mall lot in VA. When I lived in SD it was getting broken into on streets and once at a shop, even an integ I borrowed got broken into. Finally got stolen while I was at the club while it was on the street. I think it was a total of 6 times.

Forgive me if I don't agree lol

I say.... by the 3rd or 4th time: it's YOU, not the car!!!!!!

Try a bicycle or sled + see. LOL

Old 03-18-08, 10:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

talk about irony, i just read this thread like a couple days back thinking how lucky I have been with my sc.

today i realized someone tried to break into it probably within the last day or so.
This seriously makes me mad, cause I just put on my new wheels. It is the only thing of value on my car at the moment. no stereo, nothing. I guess they were trying to get inside to get my wheel locks..??

also the crook must have been an idiot because he tried to jam a screwdriver to the right of the driver side handle, and I guess he was trying to go for the latch? cause there is scratches all around it. nothing too bad and he didnt even bend the door at all, so he must have been trying to finesse something?

As far as I recall, I dont think you can open the latch that grabs around the metal ring with anything short of breaking the ring off the car. ESPECIALLY not on an SC, The door was built to stay on pretty hardy.

Someone please enlighten me as to how you could do that? I thought you always had to jimmy through the window part like if you locked yourself out, but i realize now that would set off the alarm.

**edit** oh yeah i forgot to mention this was at my apartment complex in the garage (currently door is broken) and my car is about 100 ft from my apartement. (im almost thinking i should catch this guy with a wireless cam in my car)

Quick Reply: Curious how many sc break ins?