SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How rare is my car???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 11:47 PM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it a manual trans too.. cause then that would be really cool..

BTW.. lets see some damn pics.. without.. the thread is kinda pointless
Old 03-22-08, 12:08 AM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
trust me im not trying to be an a-hole. if i was you would know

im not hating. to each their own. some poeple would kill for your car while i could care less. i would rather have a garnet red like RedPhoenix or a freshly painted DPW or BMW alpine white SC.

so did you make this thread to see how many people give you props or actually give you their true opinions. dont make a thread asking people opinions if you wont be using them in any positive way.

either way. the car IS rare. but only to the person that is looking for that specific one. to me its just another sc.
yeah bro i hear what you are saying, actually what i only wanted to know is how many people have seen an rsp with black int. and no sunroof. i'm not asking for anyones "props" or anything like that. its just that the comment that rsp and "hardtops" are overrated was kind-of an insult not just to me, but to the whole sc community. but i probably just took it the wrong way. i guess look at it like this, "sc's are overrated, just buy a supra" i know its no where near the same thing but you see where i'm coming from? but anyway i would not be a member on CL if i did not respect and value the opinons of its members. that being said everyone enjoy thier weekend
Old 03-22-08, 07:09 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know this thread is useless.....without pictures

and dont even get me started on that 97' RSP/tan 5spd in Dallas that sold for $7200 bucks..I'm still agg'd over that one.
Old 03-22-08, 03:26 PM
ISC400
Pole Position

I think your car is rare, But I love the 2 tone interior and sunroof in my RSP. Besides don't take these opinions seriously they don't have a RSP SC neither are they experts.

Reality is, a car is worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay.
Old 03-22-08, 03:42 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISC400
I think your car is rare, But I love the 2 tone interior and sunroof in my RSP. Besides don't take these opinions seriously they don't have a RSP SC neither are they experts.

so since you have one you are an expert on how rare the car is how much it is worth?

your last sentence you wrote is the only thing ill agree with you on.
Old 03-22-08, 04:58 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

so since you have one you are an expert on how rare the car is how much it is worth?

your last sentence you wrote is the only thing ill agree with you on.
Originally Posted by ISC400
Besides don't take these opinions seriously they don't have a RSP SC neither are they experts.

First off...RSP's are rare...as they didn't make too many of them, Like two tone interiors, 5spd 97's, or sans moon roof, cloth interiors. But on paper its how many miles, how clean it is and had body repair or not.

People who think they are going to get more money, or its worth more money, are delusional. Its like me thinking I'm going to get a grand more selling mine cause it has two tone interior...I'm not. Mine will get sold faster than one for sale with tan interior...only if two-tone is what a person is looking for.

Who is an expert on anything here??? Especially since no one can "expertly" search and see there is a thread made every month about "How rare" or "Is my RSP rare" I almost want to make a RSP sticky at the top of the forum.

And I'm not saying this cause I suffer from RSPenvy...I had the chance to buy a RSP on two separate occasions. Its just not my taste. The RSP people can pat themselves on the back all day long...I will still only pay book for it.
Old 03-22-08, 05:36 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^you tell em

we should make this a sticky with probable production numbers if exact ones are not known. im tired of these thread of people boasting about RSP.

half the time the RSP owners have more posts about how rare their car is compared to helping the community as a whole with real car-related issues.
Old 03-22-08, 07:57 PM
EJ20
Driver School Candidate

there is one for sale in the classifieds
Old 03-22-08, 07:58 PM
EJ20
Driver School Candidate

< whats up with this ?? I need to post more like in the Subaru forums.
Old 03-22-08, 08:30 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

I've seen one for sale on Ebay in the past few months, and it keeps getting relisted. It has Getrag and everything. Is this a BS Ebay sale? Just curious, because with a GTE swap and 6spd, I would've thought someone would ****** it up.
Old 03-22-08, 08:44 PM
josh3uzfe

Originally Posted by TTSC3
I've seen one for sale on Ebay in the past few months, and it keeps getting relisted. It has Getrag and everything. Is this a BS Ebay sale? Just curious, because with a GTE swap and 6spd, I would've thought someone would ****** it up.
It could be a BS ebay add but I know for a fact the steelcitysupra on SF has a turbo rsp sc300 6sp and he listed his sc for sale awhile ago so I am not really sure if he sold his sc yet or not....
Old 03-22-08, 09:26 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

^^^you tell em

we should make this a sticky with probable production numbers if exact ones are not known. im tired of these thread of people boasting about RSP.

half the time the RSP owners have more posts about how rare their car is compared to helping the community as a whole with real car-related issues.
You know man, I probably would be tired of people "boasting about RSP" too if I wear a member as long as you have been, but I have not...cut me some slack jesus. And yes I have searched and not come up with anything but as this site being CLUB LEXUS I guess I hoped to have gotten some more input. If I would have known how this thread ended up I would have never asked. I have read other threads about members asking the same question about their SC's and even read the production number chart. But I feel like I have to apologize for having the color car that I do. Read my original post and think again before you say I am "boasting" about my car. I should not have to repete myself but I will, "But as far as I know I am the only person I have seen with a RSP SC with no sunroof and all black leather interior. What do you guys think??? Has anyone seen another RSP like mine?? Just curious." But you are right, you should make a sticky for RSP so people like me will not swell up your nuts like I did anymore.
Old 03-22-08, 11:56 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

allright you win, i'm done
Old 03-23-08, 12:51 AM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

Im sure you car is badass.. but i have to join in.. sorry

I got a 95 black on black 5 speed for 500 bucks.. how rare is that? haha anyone else seen a black on black 5 speed for 500 bucks?

Quick Reply: How rare is my car???