SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lowered and TSX Retrofitted. Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08 | 10:54 AM
souljah798
Driver

Wow, that cutoff is ridiculously sharp! Who did the retrofit or did you do it yourself?
Old 03-26-08 | 11:02 AM
SC30096
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
excellent!! Glad to see people doing it the right way...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
That cutoff is a lot nicer then mine. I guess I should add deline to the list of things my SC needs. Nice drop
Originally Posted by romeo291
Wow, that looks awesome, I will definitely de-line mine after retrofitting.
Doing it by hand it took about a hour per side and Im not sure how much it helped with output but in the end I love the clean look in the day if anything.

Originally Posted by souljah798
Wow, that cutoff is ridiculously sharp! Who did the retrofit or did you do it yourself?
I retrofitted it myself with the help of these lovely forums and mounting brackets from lexus4jess. The first side took me about 7 hours cause i ran into complications with removing the old projector and fitment of the tsx projector so I had to go back and regrind points. The second one only took me 4 hours.But I think if I did was to do it all again I'd be able to finish in 3 hours per side. live and learn.

Last edited by SC30096; 03-26-08 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-26-08 | 11:03 AM
TommySC300
Driver

great job bro
Old 03-26-08 | 11:26 AM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Whoa...look at that cutoff what a sexy beast!
Old 03-26-08 | 12:08 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Looks good...but im starting to not see the point in doing the retro fit to different projectors. Since i just delined mine and put 4300k HIDs in mine my cut off line is exactly like yours. Not different at all. Good job on the change out though.
Old 03-26-08 | 12:09 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

nice retrofit
Old 03-26-08 | 01:05 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC30096
Thanks!

Doing it by hand it took about a hour per side and Im not sure how much it helped with output but in the end I love the clean look in the day if anything.

I retrofitted it myself with the help of these lovely forums and mounting brackets from lexus4jess. The first side took me about 7 hours cause i ran into complications with removing the old projector and fitment of the tsx projector so I had to go back and regrind points. The second one only took me 4 hours.But I think if I did was to do it all again I'd be able to finish in 3 hours per side. live and learn.

How much did it cost you total for the retrofit? And I wanted to know if I supply the two headlights, can you supply the labor.
Old 03-26-08 | 01:51 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

hey that looks like mine haha
Old 03-26-08 | 02:13 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nobleblack
Yeah I never saw the point in getting crazy int the retro fitment thing either. I think I'll give the delining a shot though.
I think you PMed me a while back for something, but your box was full...so I couldn't respond...

Anyway, retrofits are nice because you're using projectors made for HIDs. However, 98-00 headlights seemed to have up their quality with better projectors. The older headlights have fuzzy cutoffs...
Old 03-26-08 | 02:25 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

looks great man, i did a TSX retrofit on my last car (integra) loved it to death, i threw a plug n play kit on my SC for now and i effin hate it!! can't wait to retrofit again i just hate the hassle lol
Old 03-26-08 | 02:32 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nobleblack
Yeah I never saw the point in getting crazy int the retro fitment thing either. I think I'll give the delining a shot though.
Defiantly deline the headlights that made the cut off line crisp like the TSX retro fit. Seriously it looks no different really between the two IMO. I might take some pics and post them here if the author is okay with me doing it. Just a little comparison between the two.
Old 03-26-08 | 03:11 PM
SC30096
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
How much did it cost you total for the retrofit? And I wanted to know if I supply the two headlights, can you supply the labor.
TSX Projectors + bulbs: $180
Ballast I used from my PNP: $250
D2S converter plug: $20
Mounting plates: $40

Im really busy with school at the moment but I might consider doing it in the summer when I have some free time. you'll have to pay for all the shipping charges. I dont know what labour would go for either. how much do the shops usually charge?

Originally Posted by tcrow31
Defiantly deline the headlights that made the cut off line crisp like the TSX retro fit. Seriously it looks no different really between the two IMO. I might take some pics and post them here if the author is okay with me doing it. Just a little comparison between the two.
The difference may not be noticable up close but on wide open roads our projectors give off a whole lot of glare with hot spots. also the amount of road that is luminated by the TSX is almost double that of the old stock ones; espically towards the sides where I need it most as there are a lot of deer on the highways. Another thing with stock projectors is you dont get the color flicker as you would with HID projectors. Take a look at my old set up and you can see yourself. people wouldn't retrofit if it wasnt that big of a difference. you can't comment until you see it in person.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered and TSX Retrofitted. Pictures!-compare.jpg  

Last edited by SC30096; 03-26-08 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-26-08 | 03:12 PM
SC30096
Pole Position

and the cutoff, notice how even at a distance the TSX has no glare above the cutoff . but the old ones has scattered light above. glare. unless you have the newer model projectors then that might be a different story. I wouldnt mind to see what yours looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered and TSX Retrofitted. Pictures!-compare2.jpg  

Last edited by SC30096; 03-26-08 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-26-08 | 04:26 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC30096
and the cutoff, notice how even at a distance the TSX has no glare above the cutoff . but the old ones has scattered light above. glare. unless you have the never model projectors then that might be a different story. I wouldnt mind to see what yours looks like.
There defiantly is a big difference between the two in the picture. From what i recall my stock projectors look nothing like yours though i could be mistaken. I will try and get some pics taken tonight and have them posted.

Last edited by tcrow31; 03-26-08 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-26-08 | 05:51 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

This is on my to do list! Where did you buy most/all of the items? I'm guessing ebay. As far as glare goes, the stock projectors are just not up to the task if you want a clean look, so I'm sold!

Quick Reply: Lowered and TSX Retrofitted. Pictures!