SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Broken Ds Window, Door Wont Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 03:21 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Ds Window, Door Wont Unlock

so my window broke while it was down. the regulator broke for awhile now and i tried pulling it up with some pliers and i broke the window glass is everywhere inside and i got a lot o of it out now. at first the door wouldnt shut. but i got it to shut but now it wont unlock. even with a key or manually. i can still used th e master lock to unlock and lock the pass door. i know i need to replace the regulator and glass. but why isnt it unlocking? anyone has any info? thanks.
Old 03-26-08, 03:52 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like the door lock actuator assembly needs replacing.
Old 03-26-08, 05:16 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the glass and actuator, 200 shipped to yoru door for both.
Old 03-26-08, 06:36 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luv Da Lex
so my window broke while it was down. the regulator broke for awhile now and i tried pulling it up with some pliers and i broke the window glass is everywhere inside and i got a lot o of it out now. at first the door wouldnt shut. but i got it to shut but now it wont unlock. even with a key or manually. i can still used th e master lock to unlock and lock the pass door. i know i need to replace the regulator and glass. but why isnt it unlocking? anyone has any info? thanks.
mike,
hit me up via aim. i saw your car today in the parking lot of starz and was wondering why your window was down....
Old 03-26-08, 07:15 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha yea bro i keep getting wrost and wrost luck with the car. i dont have ur aim actually. hit me up on mine if u can or ill pm you. yea i was there chillin with a friend. howd u know i wasnt there for crawfish? haha
Old 03-28-08, 04:42 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

You get your window fixed yet? I wonder if it happens to be a matter of 2 things breaking at once? Well before you replace the lock cylinder or the lock motor see if there on the same circuit by chance. Cause if you overloaded that circuit you could have blown a fuse. Or you can test the motor by hooking up a 12 volt power source to female connector and see if it functions. Use a volt meter to see your readings. See if you are getting a 12 volt power source from the male connector coming from the power distribution block. Does it make noise on the drivers side when you try to lock/unlock it? If it does it just might be the mechanical linkage that could have fallen apart possibly.Keep me updated later>>>>>
Old 03-28-08, 04:51 PM
Lubeboy
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I have similar problem, fixed broken plastic piece on the rod to the actuator, it worked for a couple times, now rod goes up and down nicely, but will not unlock down (release lock).... does the actuator go our? Ps, you can see and hear it lock and unlock via the door key lock... door is currently stuck with lock in closed position, so I can't even close my stupid door!!!
Old 03-29-08, 11:49 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lubeboy
Hi, I have similar problem, fixed broken plastic piece on the rod to the actuator, it worked for a couple times, now rod goes up and down nicely, but will not unlock down (release lock).... does the actuator go our? Ps, you can see and hear it lock and unlock via the door key lock... door is currently stuck with lock in closed position, so I can't even close my stupid door!!!
The mechanism that locks into the little bar on the body portion of your car might be broken internally.With most systems there are gears and or rods that move the key lock to locked or unlock. A temp fix if you want to do it is take a flathead screwdriver and push the actual lock connector that is on the side of the door that you can't see when closed. If that is already closed in and it won't connect try pushing it back out.