SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC sighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-02, 08:23 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SC sighting

Alright, driving down the Mass Turnpike tonight (after a great superbowl!) I spotted a very nice 92-94 SC 400. I pulled up along behind it and followed it for a while. It looked like it had the bomex body kit and 18" chrome wheels.

It had Georgia plates -- I got the number, but i'm not about to just post it all over the web, doesn't seem like a smart idea.

It was following a state trooper most of the time. Speaking of time this was all at about 10:45 PM on 2/3/2002....

Is this anyone's car here? If not, anyone know where I can run plates to find out where this guy lives and ask him if he'd like to meet up sometime. MA luxus meet mabye??

Pop Pop Cherio!

PS it looked like it was champiegn (sp?) collor too.

Last edited by SupraCoup3; 02-03-02 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-04-02, 07:02 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: SC sighting

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
Alright, driving down the Mass Turnpike tonight (after a great superbowl!) I spotted a very nice 92-94 SC 400. I pulled up along behind it and followed it for a while. It looked like it had the bomex body kit and 18" chrome wheels.

It had Georgia plates -- I got the number, but i'm not about to just post it all over the web, doesn't seem like a smart idea.

It was following a state trooper most of the time. Speaking of time this was all at about 10:45 PM on 2/3/2002....

Is this anyone's car here? If not, anyone know where I can run plates to find out where this guy lives and ask him if he'd like to meet up sometime. MA luxus meet mabye??

Pop Pop Cherio!

PS it looked like it was champiegn (sp?) collor too.
Not that it was me, but I spotted three of them this past weekend. First one was on saturday on I-90. Tinted windows (couldn't see who was inside), rims, and seemed lowered. The person would race me or atleast catch up with me. Ohh well. Then there was a SC400 with rims at Streets of Woodfield parking lot. Person seemed to play around but I had to go the other way.
Old 02-04-02, 08:13 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Direct, do you live in New England????

BTW does anyone know a way to run plates? I have his plate # and would like to introduce him to CL if he doens't already know about it.
Old 02-04-02, 08:34 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
Direct, do you live in New England????

BTW does anyone know a way to run plates? I have his plate # and would like to introduce him to CL if he doens't already know about it.
No, lol. That's why I said "not that it was me." Anyways, you're talking about stalking the guy! Just don't do it, it's not worth it. Okay if you were a chick, maybe if the guy is single he would like it, but otherwise I don't see how the guy would like it.
Old 02-04-02, 09:05 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

lol.... what ever. I've never seen a SC in Massachusetts with a body kit... Just like seeing an eskimo in bermuda I guess... But I was just interested to meet up sometime. but what ever I guess ... I'm a guy who's not currently looking for a boyfriend!!!!:eek:
Old 02-05-02, 10:39 AM
VeilsideSC400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello SupraCoup3,

I am from Boston, Salem, MA to be exact and have never seen a SC400/300 body kit around here neither (boring people here!!!). I have a Veilside body kit, as you can see from my registered nick. I am currently searching for 19-9" and 19-10" chrome rims to go with this Veilside kit. I think I am the only one in New England who owns the Veilside for a SC400. I'd love to keep in touch, exchange information and maybe a lexus SC gathering.

Leroy,
Old 02-05-02, 01:56 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Sweet. I live in lexington, as my profile says, so maybe when this abismal weather clears up, we could have a meet. I'm gonna be working @ the watertown lexus dealership hopefully, so I might try to get them involved with club lexus in some way or another -- might be useful as a sponsor or something.

Cherio!
Old 02-07-02, 06:27 AM
SL730
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I don't know who's car it is, but I also saw the car on the pike on the opposite direction around 11h30 pm. I'm not from the area but I have clients there and driving late I think I saw the car, kind of nice. You should'nt run the plate, it's not really right. It's intruding in is private life. Do you could check with the dealers and see if they know the guy.
For all those who says nobody have sc's with kits in boston, I've been there once a week before the holidays for business and I saw three of them. The white one, and two different green one, one in Quincy, one in Newton and one in Boston.