SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

For those of us without Trac Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-02, 09:17 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question For those of us without Trac Control

Have any of you guys without traction control tried or heard of anyone adding a product as the one in the link below?

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction.htm
Old 02-07-02, 10:43 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice stuff ...

Hmmm ...

Pretty good looking stuff on their site. I have the traction control, so I don't need that, but ...

I checked their link to http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ and found an ECU for a V8 Soarer? Didn't even know Blitz makes one for the V8. Does anyone have that installed?
Old 02-07-02, 04:44 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Interesting, they state it's for V8!

SOARER V8 AUTO 5 91 - 12 93 UZZ30M/C 1UZ-FE 15573 £1,098
AUTO 1 94 - 5 95 UZZ30M/C 1UZ-FE 15761 £1,098
AUTO 6 95 - UZZ30M/C 1UZ-FE 15780 £1,098

I wonder how it performs against WR, SRT, and other ECU upgraders?

Peter~
Old 02-07-02, 06:45 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

ouch, that works out to about $1500. Too bad there's no claims or dyno sheets, it'd be fun to see what they get.
Old 02-07-02, 07:14 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damnit, i had the info on the blitz ecu upgrade. If I can find it again i'll post. I know the ECU was for the Asian market (Europe market has similair octane rating i believe), not sure how/if it would work for US-Spec SC400's because of our low octane ratings.

That price is suggested retail. Actual retail shouldn't be that much.

nick
Old 02-07-02, 10:27 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Default Gimme, gimme ...

I would be VERY interested to get more info's on that. If you have some, please post ...
I am currently in the market for an ECU (or piggyback) and would like to evaluate all options before deciding.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-02, 04:17 AM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Post Blitz ECU

The last word I had from Blitz Japan was that the ECU was now discontinued

But you could always try a little pressure on Blitz USA and see if they can bring it back......

The ECU upgrade required you to send your current ECU to Blitz....

Even before Blitz discontinued their ECU upgrade i know that owners outside of the USA had started to look at the ECU upgrade offered by MiNes.

http://mines-wave.com/

The big problem is communication, they are Japanese and currently dont have an email link. The upgrade is expensive and you need to send the ECU to them. The upgrade is therefore not specific to any mods you have made to your car and cant be modified if you add any mods afterwards.

You can specify a change at what speed the gear changes take place, an increase on the rev limiter to 7500 and all top speed restrictions removed. Thats as well as the different fuel maps at WOT. They also have 10 years experience of performing the upgrade.......

Outside of the USA we run Japanese spec cars so the MiNes upgrade works for us, our ECUs are set up for a higher RON rating on petrol. But there aren't enough V8 owners (4000?) outside of the USA, and not many of those want to upgrade, to make a difference in pushing for any changes. Where as in the USA there are probably 40,000 V8s and you have Club Lexus to co-ordinate a group buy......
Old 02-08-02, 10:48 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Default Not surprised

Low Rider, thanks for your post. I am not really surprised to hear the Blitz ECU is discontinued ... I guess I would have heard about it if it was still available.

Anyway, I emailed Blitz UK about it. Let's see what they have to say.

Another question ... what is that "SS Inductions Enhanced Cold Air Intake" you mention in your footer? Any additional info on that like manufacturer, performance improvements, sound etc. ?

Thanks,

Btw ... just for the records ... my car is a US spec V8. Was imported from the USA.
Old 02-09-02, 05:25 AM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Post SS Inductions....

The SS Inductions Intake is just a big scoop that sits behind the grill and feeds air into the air box.....it was a vast improvement over the stock 'snorkel'......

But since then, with thanks to Pete in Oz (UZZ32), it has been proved that the restriction of the 'snorkel' opening into the air box was still a problem.

So Pete chopped the front off the air box and sealed the area to keep any hot air from the engine bay out. Pete's site has a detailed explanation.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/

I went a different route and used the 'round' air box from a 1992 LS400, this splits into two pieces so I didnt need to cut the stock air box up. It also has the same fitting to the AFM as the SC400 so connecting it wasn't a problem, though it doesn't sit on the stock bolts.

I still use the SS intake to flow into the sealed area around my modified air box.

http://www.ssinductions.com.au/