SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The reason why you want to keep your SC when you buy another car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 10:28 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts
Default The reason why you want to keep your SC when you buy another car

For 3 years my SC has pretty much sat still. I've been driving everything from Porsche Turbo's to BMW's to Mercedes to Jag's, and everything in between. Once about every 8 months I'd start it and take it down the road just to have it driven every once and a while. Not that I didn't WANT to drive it, we just know these cars SUCK as gas mileage. Besides, the world is my oyster.... I'm driving everything out there to see what I like.

Incase anyone missed the thread in car chat, a tree fell on my NEW JAG a little over a week ago so being a two person house someone had to drive the Mercedes and someone else had to be taken to work on a daily basis resulting in my entire day being consumed running around morning and night and gas being sucked dry making 120 miles in trips every day *cough*.

Well, time to pull the old SC out from under the cover and fire her up. After sitting three years, it spun over and started right up exactly as you'd expect. Went straight out on the road a week ago and has logged 100 miles a day for the last week with no complaints. I've swapped driving duties with the lady so I can have some seat time too.

Love this car just as much as the first time I drove it when I bought it. The moral of the story however is........ no matter if your other cars have mechanical issues, electrical issues, tree's fall randomly on them, or you just get tired of driving them....... your SC will ALWAYS be there for you.

In the 6 years I have owned the car, never once has it not been there ready to go. Sure the A/C might need serviced every once and a while or the LCA's , engine mounts, or tranny mounts might need to be replaced, but the damn thing ALWAYS starts and drives when I need it to.

After sitting three years it simply got up and went on command with no flack. These cars are always there when you need them.

Much love to the SC!

Old 05-06-08, 10:59 AM
Classified
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am with you 100% of the way! I am in love with everything about my SC, except the gas mileage. I want to keep this car forever and plan too. I sometimes debate on whether or not to get a cheap civic for running around, but I just love driving this beautiful machine to much to part with it.
Old 05-06-08, 11:04 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what you just stated can be said to be true for the most part about any toyota. and to some degree to most japanese cars....except the rotaries though...they dont start even after a fresh rebuild...not even talking about a 3 year lay-away.
Old 05-06-08, 11:10 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about the jag. Hope it is repairable,as forthe sc i cant beleive its been parked so long no wonder we havent heard about her lately.I agree with falling in love all over again when driving this car ,nothing can beat the smooth linear drive you get with the sc.I will be keeping mines for a very long time .
Old 05-06-08, 11:13 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Classified
I am with you 100% of the way! I am in love with everything about my SC, except the gas mileage. I want to keep this car forever and plan too. I sometimes debate on whether or not to get a cheap civic for running around, but I just love driving this beautiful machine to much to part with it.
Funny, cause thsoe are my sentiments exactly. I want to pick up a good gas mileage ride, but I'm told by my family that there is no point in keeping two cars. Everytime I think about getting another car, I look at mine, and just want to keep it more.
Old 05-06-08, 11:29 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Because my entire life a 2jzgte lexus SC3000 with a v160 has been my dream car. Over all other cars in the world. Now My dream is that or twin turbo v160 v8 basically a mix of two of the better known cars on this forum. Do i even have to name names hahaha
Old 05-06-08, 11:38 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny because when i go on trips i miss my SC lol... and when i come back from my frip i start her up and she fires right up like the day i bought it. I absolutely love my SC
Old 05-06-08, 11:40 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by sc250tt
,as forthe sc i cant beleive its been parked so long no wonder we havent heard about her lately
Two things killed my SC off to the parked side of the driveway. (really three)

(1)- I bought a pretty little red Corvette and drove the damn wheels off of it. (they are a complete piece of _ _ _ _ by the way) https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...09_Medium_.jpg

(2)- I bought an IS300 which I will miss forever, a-hole that sold it to me couldn't get the title finalized after 8 months of trying.

(3)- I modded the ever-loving-hell out of the IS Between the $2,000.00 Mcintosh, PPI, Focal, and Audio Control sound system, the Rod Millen / Vizage Gen II body kit, wheels, brembo's, and the big snail under the hood that kept a constant grin on my face..... the SC didn't stand a chance in you know what of being driven at the time.

Attached Thumbnails The reason why you want to keep your SC when you buy another car-attachment.php.jpg  
Old 05-06-08, 11:51 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Two things killed my SC off to the parked side of the driveway. (really three)

(1)- I bought a pretty little red Corvette and drove the damn wheels off of it. (they are a complete piece of _ _ _ _ by the way) https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...09_Medium_.jpg

(2)- I bought an IS300 which I will miss forever, a-hole that sold it to me couldn't get the title finalized after 8 months of trying.

(3)- I modded the ever-loving-hell out of the IS Between the $2,000.00 Mcintosh, PPI, Focal, and Audio Control sound system, the Rod Millen / Vizage Gen II body kit, wheels, brembo's, and the big snail under the hood that kept a constant grin on my face..... the SC didn't stand a chance in you know what of being driven at the time.

You drove the wheels off your vette and your complaining about gas milage on the SC?
Old 05-06-08, 11:53 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Vette = gas prices in 2006. Just fine, plus vette got better gas mileage than the SC.

IS = bad ***, screw the SC for now.

SC = gas prices in 2008. Too dang much for the car with the worst gas milage in the driveway constantly over the last 4 yrs.
Old 05-06-08, 11:58 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to get rid of my SC, but it doesn't want to leave me. All its done in the last month and a half was give a CL member a joy ride. Having 2 cars are pointless to me...3 is even worse...
Old 05-06-08, 12:12 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, First off I would like to say I love my car, it is like a marriage. As with any marriage, Love could fade over the years. What keeps people together? The cost of Breakup! So goes it with my car, probably no big secret, I am upside down in it, I can never afford to sell it!
Old 05-06-08, 12:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I'd say you totally own that thing, but it actually owns you
Old 05-06-08, 01:01 PM
19ES250
Lead Lap

I feel you pain Brother, My first car, 1984 Dodge Charger Shelby 2.2 turbo

And to top it off the paint was four days old, Tires and Wheels less than a week old, and turbo bout month old with rebuild. oh and it was January 1st.
Old 05-06-08, 01:05 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OLT, I'm absolutely in love with your IS.

Quick Reply: The reason why you want to keep your SC when you buy another car