SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New tranny in the sc finally.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 11:13 AM
RedSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tranny in the sc finally.

I got my car back after a horrible week driving a mercury. The car runs smooth and all it needs is a tune up right now and she will be running like a champ again. While in my search for a tranny, i came across alot of BS' ers. That foo SPORT coupe said he'd sell me a 5spd swap off his wrecked 93' but then he flaked. autoboy pulled the same BS, foo said he'd sell me an auto tranny from a 97' and when i had called him to pick it up because i had already pulled my trans out, he told me he had sold it. i had told him i'd pick it up on tuesday. So i spent the whole day putting my sht back in. My car was sounding like a mustang with that powersteering sound, and then finally one monday morning she wouldn't shift past first, thats when i said fudke it. I took it to a shop and had them rebuild my trans. If i were you i'd make sure autoboy and SPORT coupe are for real before buying from them. Till' today i'm still waiting for my 5spd swap, and my phone call so i can pick up the 97' auto tranny. Atleast other members i've bought things from have come through, thanks aliga and pnyboy27.
Old 05-11-08, 12:10 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much did it end up running you? I might have to replace mine soon too cuz I'm starting to feel a knock in my engine when it gears down sometimes and am thinking its possibly the tranny..
Old 05-11-08, 05:25 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
How much did it end up running you? I might have to replace mine soon too cuz I'm starting to feel a knock in my engine when it gears down sometimes and am thinking its possibly the tranny..
$1500, if there is knocking in your engine then i dont think it's the transmission.
Old 05-11-08, 07:35 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

I have a soarer tranny for sale ,cheap too. Oh well too late now....sorry to hear you delimma hope you have better luck in the future.
Old 05-11-08, 08:27 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc250tt
I have a soarer tranny for sale ,cheap too. Oh well too late now....sorry to hear you delimma hope you have better luck in the future.
thanks dude, i'm just glad my car is running normally again. It was a tough couple of months but everything worked out in the end.
Old 05-11-08, 09:22 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I was gonna Photoshop a transvestite's face in an SC as a joke because the title would fit it, but then I'd have to honestly question my free time and what I'm choosing to do with it... So for now, congrats on getting the car back on the road and getting far far away from the Mercury!
Old 05-11-08, 10:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences putting your car together.

Starting a thread calling out members = bad juju.