SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Have you seen the new......

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 05:53 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
This forum is like an Orange County Home Owners Association. You must have the same boring beige color on the outside of your house,same roofing material, 5 spoke wheels, Your SC has to be lowered so much. You can only have so many finger gap between the tire and fender, staggered wheel fitment, the lighting has to be OLT approved, Your kit has to be made by such and such,don't do this, don't do that, etc. etc etc, add nausea.
Not going to say I agree with all of that but some of it is true.
They said Said "Don't do 20's" I roll on 20's
They said "Don't do a JIC kit" and...
They said "convert the interior to all black" and.....

Yes the forums are riddled with opinions but one this is certain,
We have some bad @$$ SC's on here and they don't all look alike!

simple, its your car, do what you want. I don't think they look bad.

Last edited by ScottURnot; 05-16-08 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-15-08, 06:12 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, Your Unique Whip breaks the mold my friend! I think your SC is one of the best on here inside and out!
Old 05-15-08, 06:21 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

I like the way they look on that white car.

Still waiting for a front end shot of a set on a 97+ front bumper.

I may buy them.
Old 05-15-08, 06:35 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Ill wait to see them installed on a black car. From what I have seen so far, they're not for me.
Old 05-15-08, 07:14 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

They're heeerreeee :P

Car's in paint booth today, so I'll try to toss these on tomorrow.
Old 05-16-08, 07:44 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

the pic with the chrome lights on the white doesnt really suite me. i feel as if its wearing eyeliner. but i would also like the see the black ones...
Old 05-16-08, 09:24 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Can they be aimed unlike the POS lowbeams?
Old 05-16-08, 11:52 AM
craaaazzy
Lead Lap

this looks descent and i thought it would look terrible. don't know about the black outline though. it could possibly grow on me (just like the new 3 and 5 series bmw's). right now, it looks like it's got a black eye.

Originally Posted by OneJay
For all you waiting to see what they'll look like, here is a car with the headlights, but not the highbeams.
Old 05-16-08, 12:18 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would save up and buy OEM...I brought new OEM headlights 2 years ago and they still look like new today...There is no comparison between quality OEM lexus part and a Cheaper aftermarket counterpart...Its a night a day difference...

As far as the design goes, I think its a good design but it looks too busy to be on a SC..Too many extra LED lights etc etc...The SC is suppose to be a clean and smooth flowing car...Adding these headlights will disturb the natural flow of the car and will make it less classy...

On the other hand, it might be a good alternative for those who don't have the funds or the patience to source original parts...But as for myself personally, I would never put ebay headlights on my car...I can definitely see it lowering the value of my SC significantly...If I was in the market for an SC and I saw one with ebay headlights on it, I would walk away without even looking at the car twice...

IMHO...
Old 05-16-08, 12:53 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
I would save up and buy OEM...I brought new OEM headlights 2 years ago and they still look like new today...There is no comparison between quality OEM lexus part and a Cheaper aftermarket counterpart...Its a night a day difference...

As far as the design goes, I think its a good design but it looks too busy to be on a SC..Too many extra LED lights etc etc...The SC is suppose to be a clean and smooth flowing car...Adding these headlights will disturb the natural flow of the car and will make it less classy...

On the other hand, it might be a good alternative for those who don't have the funds or the patience to source original parts...But as for myself personally, I would never put ebay headlights on my car...I can definitely see it lowering the value of my SC significantly...If I was in the market for an SC and I saw one with ebay headlights on it, I would walk away without even looking at the car twice...

IMHO...

i agree 100%!
Old 05-16-08, 12:55 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Meh.

I think the problem with the white one is the fact that its lacking the matching high beams.

It's the shape of the headlights that goes with the flow of the car.

Come on Shaitaan lets see dat chit.
Old 05-16-08, 12:57 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think they look bad at all. The only thing that stands out is the black outline. I would still like to see these on a black SC.
Old 05-16-08, 02:48 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I'm not a huge fan of the delined look...It really takes away the way the front end looks, as it no longer looks uniform with the rest of the car...

I guess its better than having fogged-beaten up headlights...
Old 05-16-08, 02:55 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
This forum is like an Orange County Home Owners Association. You must have the same boring beige color on the outside of your house,same roofing material, 5 spoke wheels, Your SC has to be lowered so much. You can only have so many finger gap between the tire and fender, staggered wheel fitment, the lighting has to be OLT approved, Your kit has to be made by such and such,don't do this, don't do that, etc. etc etc, add nausea.
BS, there are so many styles of cars, wheels, kits, lights, on here you couldn't count them. If you wanna be an ebay shopper, knock yourself out.
Old 05-16-08, 03:21 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
BS, there are so many styles of cars, wheels, kits, lights, on here you couldn't count them. If you wanna be an ebay shopper, knock yourself out.
Not BS. If a car doesn't meet your rigid idea of what an SC looks like, you knock it. I do shop ebay and got a great deal on OEM carpet from Sewel Lexus who is a Club Lexus Sponsor. I know you have also placed bids to HVAC our counsols as well as other Club Lexus Sponsors are on ebay. I wouldn't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds you. I know if you had your way everyone would just shop for lighting from your shop. Thats ok, it's a free country and capatalism rules!

Last edited by SC400DAVE; 05-16-08 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Have you seen the new......