Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats kinda reminds me of the R8 headlights with the led projectors
Old 05-16-08, 07:08 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ 4 shizzle.

I'm in a toss up. I like the look to an extent, but I want it to last more than six hours.

And supposedly, from what I have sent sellers, they honor their warranty. Except....they told me this in broken Engrish, so I don knrow wa dey say hokay?
Old 05-16-08, 07:25 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
Not BS. If a car doesn't meet your rigid idea of what an SC looks like, you knock it. I do shop ebay and got a great deal on OEM carpet from Sewel Lexus who is a Club Lexus Sponsor. I know you have also placed bids to HVAC our counsols as well as other Club Lexus Sponsors are on ebay. I wouldn't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds you. I know if you had your way everyone would just shop for lighting from your shop. Thats ok, it's a free country and capatalism rules!
Mcfly, I'm not gonna tell you a third time...... I do not care about any lighting aspect and have not for several years now since lls was sold YEARS AGO. You need to stay current on your info.

/end.
Old 05-16-08, 08:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke_in_SD
thats kinda reminds me of the R8 headlights with the led projectors
No way...The Audi R8 headlights are Bada$$ to the bone!!! Those lights do not even live on the same planet as the R8 headlights.

Ryan
Old 05-16-08, 10:29 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
Not BS. If a car doesn't meet your rigid idea of what an SC looks like, you knock it. :

This is BS, if you don't want people's opinions then don't post.

some people love a cleaner oem look, and some people want the aftermarket accessorized look.

i personally don't like anything to stand out on it's own, i like everything to flow together, those headlights jump out at you like they don't belong there as soon as you see them., some people want that "upgraded" notice my headlights look, i'd prefer some stock oem ones.

i'm not dissing anyone who puts them on a SC, hey we cant all have the same taste, i'm just saying along with a few others that i don't like them.

like you said it's a free country, do as you please, don't get mad when EVERYONE doesn't like it.

just cause a few of us like a more simple look doesn't mean a car has to meet "our" standards man.

plenty hot cars on here that have mods i never would have considered until i seen it, ebay headlights ain't one of them..
Old 05-16-08, 11:08 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

The high beam units in black don't look so bad, the headlights are putrid though, chrome makes them worse because (for me) I can see all the details (urgh).

I'd much rather have a set of OEM headlights with the area directly in front of the projector delined.
Old 05-18-08, 07:01 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Default Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by aka paco
This is BS, if you don't want people's opinions then don't post.

some people love a cleaner oem look, and some people want the aftermarket accessorized look.

i personally don't like anything to stand out on it's own, i like everything to flow together, those headlights jump out at you like they don't belong there as soon as you see them., some people want that "upgraded" notice my headlights look, i'd prefer some stock oem ones.

i'm not dissing anyone who puts them on a SC, hey we cant all have the same taste, i'm just saying along with a few others that i don't like them.

like you said it's a free country, do as you please, don't get mad when EVERYONE doesn't like it.

just cause a few of us like a more simple look doesn't mean a car has to meet "our" standards man.

plenty hot cars on here that have mods i never would have considered until i seen it, ebay headlights ain't one of them..
If you bothered to read my posts, I am in agreament with you. It is not me getting mad, it's you jumping to conclusions and getting mad. Too funny
Old 05-18-08, 07:07 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Interested to see the highbeams in black on a black car---Shaiitan, get that camera out!
Did you get the custom lowbeam lights with black glue around the housings btw? Really interested to see everything all together!
Old 05-18-08, 09:03 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLACKSC-F
Interested to see the highbeams in black on a black car---Shaiitan, get that camera out!
Did you get the custom lowbeam lights with black glue around the housings btw? Really interested to see everything all together!

sorry for the wait everyone- when I stopped by the shop friday, the car was still in the paint booth, so I couldn't put them on yet. another day or so!
Old 05-18-08, 09:13 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am curious as to how the whole set looks like on an SC also. Personally, it's not my style because I am into OEM looking products...but these aren't as bad as some of the sets I've seen for other cars.
Old 05-18-08, 11:12 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

oh yeah - people have asked why its taking so long sorry.

the car's getting the AC kit installed, with some mods. then, it's off to get test fitted with an M90 s/c.

but i'll have it back this week w/ the cosmetic stuff done.
Old 05-18-08, 11:22 AM
954soarer
Driver School Candidate

WTF?! those are hidious..are those leds on top?..ew..
Old 05-20-08, 10:43 AM
SoCaLSC400
Intermediate

shaitaan, you have some pix??? I'm curious about the outcome!
Old 05-20-08, 11:06 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoCaLSC400
shaitaan, you have some pix??? I'm curious about the outcome!
Here they are on clevercat's black SC. They look great!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=356307
Old 05-20-08, 11:20 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

^ They look pretty decent on a black car, to be honest.

I guess we are all waiting to see how the high beams turn out.

Quick Reply: Have you seen the new......