SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so...does this make me cocky?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-08 | 11:09 AM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

I mean an 89 Vette. freshly detailed might be pic. worthy, but dirty, Id pass.
Old 05-17-08 | 11:09 AM
synstudios
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by over40driv
Lot of things to worry about in life other than a 16 yr. old taking pics. with a cell phone.
I agree, take it for what it's worth. Everyone likes different cars for different reasons.. i have a friend with a fetish for rusted, beat up VW's... I don't see what it is he likes about em, but that doesn't matter.. He likes them. If some kid paused long enough to take a look, take it as a compliment.

Do what's right for you, and give the haters the single finger salute!
Old 05-17-08 | 11:50 AM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

for the photo op, i'd choose the 'Vette. but i'd rather own a SC.
Old 05-17-08 | 12:38 PM
spdngyns69
Driver School Candidate

whatever floats whoevers boat! kinda like the time i was walking in the mall and saw a showroom G35 displayed as some raffle prize. I thought it looked clean but the two (plus sized) black girls behind me, I heard, saying " that car is **!!ing ugly" They'd probably like an SC better!..............................................on 24's and limegreen that is
Old 05-17-08 | 01:05 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spdngyns69
whatever floats whoevers boat! kinda like the time i was walking in the mall and saw a showroom G35 displayed as some raffle prize. I thought it looked clean but the two (plus sized) black girls behind me, I heard, saying " that car is **!!ing ugly" They'd probably like an SC better!..............................................on 24's and limegreen that is
What does them being plus sized and black have to do with anything.
Old 05-17-08 | 01:10 PM
spdngyns69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend
Just saying everyones got different tastes but you could say that was kinda off topic..sorry if i offended you in anyway
Old 05-17-08 | 02:49 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

GM cars are junk in general.

I just sold a 99 Lumina that had 65,000 and it had gone through four starters
Old 05-17-08 | 03:23 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cmiller80
GM cars are junk in general.

I just sold a 99 Lumina that had 65,000 and it had gone through four starters
I couldn't agree more. I bought a brand new 1998 malibu, and had to replace the master cylinder before 40k miles.
Old 05-17-08 | 03:46 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Ive owned 2 Vettes, ...an '84, and a '88. I can tell you that they are great cars, and VERY fun to drive. (Neither leaked in the cabin during rain, btw OLT.)

Im a little cocky when it come to my car to. Im very proud of it, and mostly proud that its 16 years old, and looks like it does. I can afford a much newer car, but I like mine.

As far as the picture taking, ... I wouldnt have taken a picture of either, unless they had some kind of badass wheels, or something.
Old 05-17-08 | 05:01 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

all my cars have broke ppls necks..
Old 05-17-08 | 05:04 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend
Because if they were 4 inches wide and transparent they'd be hard to see.
Old 05-17-08 | 07:44 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

either way its what you think and what he thinks is what makes the difference.
Old 05-17-08 | 09:39 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SClean4
you said the boy was looking at the SC before the Corvette came up, I think, so are you certain he took it of the vette? Could it have been a pic of both your cars or even your car only? I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, some boy got closer to my car and maybe snapped a pic, I dunno, he ran away real fast after I noticed him and looked away, not really sure what happened..
yeah, im pretty sure he was taking em of his, but didnt think about maybe he took em of both....i only noticed him once he was infront of my car pointing it as his, as i was walking back to my door from the gas cap, around the back.

Originally Posted by Knightridr
Personally it really doesn't matter. You should be proud that some came to your car and gazed at it, in its stock form. That alone has some value in it. You must keep you car clean and still looks good for being a 10+yr old car.
yea, i keep it very clean, looks brand new, and has 2 year old paint

Originally Posted by over40driv
Lot of things to worry about in life other than a 16 yr. old taking pics. with a cell phone.
definatly. wasnt worried, just posting something, was bored lol

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
you're proud and so you should be
Old 05-18-08 | 11:16 AM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

In Tennessee, I suppose neither car is all that common. But damn son, how often would you see an SC in Tennessee as opposed to a Vette of just about any era? The Lexus would be far rarer (I'm originally from TN, by the way).

In any case, maybe the kid just really likes the '89 Vette. Nothing wrong with that. But where I live, Vettes of any kind, even the Z06, are a dime a dozen and don't attract that much attention unless they have an unusual paint job or kit on them. The only cars I see around here that really make people stare are older Lambos, restored hot rods, and the occasional DeLorean. New Lambos, not so much, because of all the nouveau-riche here. But the Countach 5000S just has a certain je ne sais quoi.
Old 05-18-08 | 03:31 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hass
You're being somewhat cocky, no disrespect but if you're driving a stock SC with some cheap wheels it's not any better than the Corvette. If i was going to take a picture of a stock SC or C4, i would go with the C4. Why? Because pre 97 doesn't appeal to me. We all have different opinions and taste.
Hass, you said you liked mine!

Quick Reply: so...does this make me cocky?