SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so...does this make me cocky?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-08, 10:25 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so...does this make me cocky?

i was pumping gas (go figure) and some younger (16ish) kid was looking at my car. made me smile, kinda brushed it off....then a 1989 corvette, white and dirty, pulled up to the pump next to me....i finish up pumping, and see the kid walk back out from his car, phone out to take a picture..and he snaps one of the vette!

as i drive off, i think, i would MUCH rather have the SC than that old piece...i couldnt help but think the guy was an idiot...does that make me proud or cocky
Old 05-16-08, 10:31 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

If he took a picture of an '89 C4 vette it makes him one of those people that are living with low expectations in life.

I took a picture of mine, but hell........ it was mine..... LOL.

The SC is a better car overall. The C4 is much more fun to drive, but there's more water on the inside than the outside after it rains. Plus it's basically an engine strapped to 4 wheels.

Old 05-16-08, 10:44 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC4_FI

as i drive off, i think, i would MUCH rather have the SC than that old piece...i couldnt help but think the guy was an idiot...does that make me proud or cocky
You're being somewhat cocky, no disrespect but if you're driving a stock SC with some cheap wheels it's not any better than the Corvette. If i was going to take a picture of a stock SC or C4, i would go with the C4. Why? Because pre 97 doesn't appeal to me. We all have different opinions and taste.
Old 05-16-08, 10:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
The SC is a better car overall. The C4 is much more fun to drive, but there's more water on the inside than the outside after it rains. Plus it's basically an engine strapped to 4 wheels.

Yeah Brian, I owned a C4 many years ago, and I have to say, it was an absolute rattle trap within 1.5 years of being made, and I babied mine. The interior was cheap, the switches broke, the clear coat peeled...But it did have gobs of torque, and it would flat out roast those gator backs!!

Ryan
Old 05-16-08, 11:06 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Corvette is an American icon. The SC is not. Doesn't matter really at that point to many many people in the world.
Old 05-17-08, 12:19 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you said the boy was looking at the SC before the Corvette came up, I think, so are you certain he took it of the vette? Could it have been a pic of both your cars or even your car only? I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, some boy got closer to my car and maybe snapped a pic, I dunno, he ran away real fast after I noticed him and looked away, not really sure what happened..
Old 05-17-08, 01:10 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by hass
You're being somewhat cocky, no disrespect but if you're driving a stock SC with some cheap wheels it's not any better than the Corvette. If i was going to take a picture of a stock SC or C4, i would go with the C4. Why? Because pre 97 doesn't appeal to me. We all have different opinions and taste.

LOL!!! The only pre 97 that is appealing to me is mine. I had a dude in a clean late 80's Porsche (maybe a 944S4) gave me thumbs up today.... Cocky stuff.

But yeah, I would have snapped the C4 over any stock SC.
Old 05-17-08, 01:46 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Personally I wouldn't have wasted the space in my phone for either, but I guess I'd rather have an older Vette in my cell... Funny thing happened once to my dad and I at a Fred Meyer parking lot, he has a frame off restored 1970 Chevelle SS 4-speed and my car's a simply done (but tastefully) SC400... We were parked next to each other because we had met up to cruise out in the Chevelle. Anyways, we were just getting ready to go when all the sudden some older guy comes up and goes "that's a very nice car you have there!" and then my dad goes "well thank you!" and then he goes "yes that's a nice car, but I was talking to your son here..." I got a bit of a kick out of it because there's no comparison between the two. I was more surprised than anything. Anyways, not jacking this thread, but my vote is for the Vette.
Old 05-17-08, 03:32 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

who's car will last longer?
Old 05-17-08, 06:20 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
Personally I wouldn't have wasted the space in my phone for either.
even with a 2g memory card

Jonny
Old 05-17-08, 07:24 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Personally it really doesn't matter. You should be proud that some came to your car and gazed at it, in its stock form. That alone has some value in it. You must keep you car clean and still looks good for being a 10+yr old car.
Old 05-17-08, 09:12 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hass
You know what, I HATE when people take incognito shots at other peoples rides. If you look at current sport coupe models and compare the newest model of the SC3/4 (2000), our entire car is "cheap". So stop acting like we're driving Ferrari's. If you compare Volk's to Maya or A.C. wheels, they're "cheap" also. So chill out on the stabs.

Last edited by Lex-Fiend; 05-17-08 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-17-08, 09:29 AM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lot of things to worry about in life other than a 16 yr. old taking pics. with a cell phone.
Old 05-17-08, 10:13 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're proud and so you should be
Old 05-17-08, 10:43 AM
tcrow31
Pole Position

I say who cares...I would be taking no pictures of either car...lol

Quick Reply: so...does this make me cocky?