SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Would you want a supercharger for your SC400?
No thanks.
11.43%
Yes, I would like to see one available.
45.71%
Yes, I would consider buying one soon.
28.57%
Yes, I have been waiting to purchase one immediately.
14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Who wants a supercharger for the SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-03, 06:00 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the 1UZ stripped of the ancillaries, you can see there is enough room to send the exhaust forward and include return pipes but at the expense of all the ancillaries;
Attached Thumbnails Who wants a supercharger for the SC400?-1uz_frontend_bare.jpg  
Old 11-21-03, 06:49 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

If we assume for the moment that twin turbo's could be fitted behind the rad/in front of the engine the we need to get the exhaust pipes forward and back, they really cant go under the suspension crossmember as ground clearance is at a premium so they would have to run exactly where the alternator and A/C compressore are mounted, we cant dispense with the alt and I would not give up A/C.

Relocation is the obvious answer but lets not think like those who have gone before, the placement of these items is immaterial as long as they do the job, it just so happens it's more practical for the manufacturer to mount them in the same plane as the crank pulley. A few ideas, none of them thought through:

Alternator driven off the transmission drive shaft (would it work as the alt would only rotate when the car was in motion?).

Could the A/C pump be relocated and driven of an electric motor?

Would it be possible to mount both of these items in front of the radiator and drive them off a shaft from the front of the engine?

Meanwhile back in normality land, I am assured the Australian supercharger kits will soon be available and the programmable ECU is near completion, the reason I am suddenly taking so much interest in the 1UZ is because I have just sold the TT for a superclean Black V8 which is ****-me slow at just 265PS.
Attached Thumbnails Who wants a supercharger for the SC400?-osidefromfront.jpg  
Old 11-21-03, 10:43 PM
Davidsc4
Driver School Candidate

I have been waiting for this turbo for so long. If this turbo cos t$10k i still wanted. Turbo is for those whose can affort it .................................................