SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Let's talk about racing seats!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-08, 06:57 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you dont like the "red drifter-wannabe seats" then get the same Sparco Milanos in black or reupholstered in leather.

most people get flamed on when they say that parts for our cars are expensive and get the whole "you have to pay to play" BS comment and not people are looking to buy some "affordable" seat. get the seat that you can afford and that is comfortable for YOU.

i have the "red drifter-wannabe" Sparco Milano seat because its my buddies and i put it in to see how i like it for a few weeks. the fact that he got both in mint shape for 400 bucks doesnt hurt either.

i personally have a black JIC bucket. my interior is tan but i dont care if it matches or not. its comfortable and when i actually do go drifting...which is usually every other week it definitely pays off.

it even a great seat for daily driving. i have had it in my car for almost a year and its great. it actually felt more uncomfortable to drive in my facotry seat then a bucket.

to each their own though. its your car, your money, and your taste. install what YOU like and not what other people that might be on the other side of the world...especially on forum...approve or not.
Old 05-24-08, 08:30 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like having my *** nice and toasty when its cold out.
Old 05-24-08, 09:01 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JJsc3
So far, I really like HoeBag's Sparco's, but I would like to see some far shots of his car. That way, I'll get a good view of whether the seats fit right or not.
i have sparcos?
Old 05-24-08, 10:14 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by HoeBag
i have sparcos?
Sup HB,

My bad for confusing you. What I meant was I would like to see the entire picture of your car with the racing seats on. That way, based on just my preferences, I can determine whether I like the style or not.

Originally Posted by cmiller80
Lets talk about stock seats.....
Good topic too, as I will be selling my front stock seats soon. They're black too, and the condition is real good. Don't worry, I'll show pictures of them later on. Just let me get the racing seats done first.

Last edited by JJsc3; 05-24-08 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-24-08, 10:19 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have stock interior
Old 05-25-08, 09:51 AM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by HoeBag
i have stock interior
Sht! I thought you had racing seats on your Lexo, lol..

Last edited by JJsc3; 05-27-08 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-26-08, 10:21 PM
CDY
Pole Position

I can't afford them, but the only racing seats I would put in my SC would be Recaro Trend Topline - http://recaro.com/index.php?id=5118&L=2

...although Sparco Milano Prestige would be a close second...
Old 05-26-08, 11:03 PM
battery188
Rookie

hey guys.

how about seat rails? what seats lower than the stock and what seats higher? I'm guessing bride will be the lowest, but any other options?
Old 05-27-08, 12:22 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDY
I can't afford them, but the only racing seats I would put in my SC would be Recaro Trend Topline - http://recaro.com/index.php?id=5118&L=2

hmm thats pretty hideous
Old 05-27-08, 11:48 AM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by CDY

God! I just checked out some prices on Recaros, man are they expensive. They look real nice though. What do you guys think about them $100 racing seats on Ebay, lol??? Would 400rwhp snap those seats in half?
Old 05-27-08, 03:34 PM
spooledx2
Driver

What about these Tenzo seats. http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=seats

Thay have come along way in the last few years, not sure about the quality but they look sweet.

Late
Old 05-27-08, 03:38 PM
SoCaLSC400
Intermediate

Ebay racing seats will snap before you get a chance to flex your 400whp monster. One of my neighbors bought some "authentic" Type R style seats for his Integra and within a week, his driver side seat was in a permanent decline position. You get what you pay for
Old 05-27-08, 07:04 PM
CDY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spooledx2
What about these Tenzo seats. http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=seats

Thay have come along way in the last few years, not sure about the quality but they look sweet.

Late
I had Tenzo R's on my 240sx, and they rocked. The durability wasn't amazing (broken harness loops and scuffed fabric after a year), but they were comfortable as hell and offered plenty of support. I'd buy them again.

Not for an SC though.
Old 05-27-08, 08:10 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by SoCaLSC400
Ebay racing seats will snap before you get a chance to flex your 400whp monster. One of my neighbors bought some "authentic" Type R style seats for his Integra and within a week, his driver side seat was in a permanent decline position. You get what you pay for
LOL.. Oh boi.., you crack me up bro. You know, I'm so tired of my stock SC seats. I mean it looks alright if you leave your car stock, but once you fix it up, those seats look more and more like grandpa seats. On the other hand, SC's are luxury sport coupes, so I just don't see those aggressive looking race seats ever matching the ride. I really like the 2 pictures I've posted earlier. They look similar to Supra seats, but there's obviously more side support. The only problem is, they don't come in black. Now I'm thinking about dying them. Is this possible?
Old 05-28-08, 07:33 PM
trangk
Driver

Originally Posted by JJsc3
Now check these seats out; I kind of like them.

Here's the side view:
These look just like the RSX seats minus the headrest cut out

Sparco Torinos are affordable and comfortable, but with any racing seat, you'll need to try them out for yourself to find your best fit.

Quick Reply: Let's talk about racing seats!!