Let's talk about racing seats!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-08, 10:19 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trangk
These look just like the RSX seats minus the headrest cut out

Sparco Torinos are affordable and comfortable, but with any racing seat, you'll need to try them out for yourself to find your best fit.
They look a bit smaller to me. Maybe it's just the color that makes it look smaller?

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-04-08 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-29-08, 01:16 AM
LXLUTHR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the new ISx50 seats are nice in the SC. Unfortunately I only have one off a 2006 ISx50 in Black but can't find another one. Thinking about getting rid of it.
Old 05-29-08, 11:20 AM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by CPA LG
I think the new ISx50 seats are nice in the SC. Unfortunately I only have one off a 2006 ISx50 in Black but can't find another one. Thinking about getting rid of it.
I looked at them yesterday by my work place, and I didn't like em either. They look similar to SC seats, but they have additional side and seat support like racing seats do. I also don't like them because they're quite huge.
Old 05-29-08, 02:06 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

i wish i could have some high end, leather seats in my car. The only problem is not only price but headroom (im 6'5" BTW). When i was rockin stock seats my head touched the ceiling so i angled my head to fit in the sunroof area. Got the Supra seats (powered driver seat) and now i have the room and then some. I wish i could buy a set of seats with the assurance that I can fit in them without sacrificing head room and comfort. From what i've gathered i could look for a seat and seat bracket that are designed for the Supra, but it may or may not take away my headroom. Any advice?
Old 05-29-08, 05:19 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by StiCk3
i wish i could have some high end, leather seats in my car. The only problem is not only price but headroom (im 6'5" BTW). When i was rockin stock seats my head touched the ceiling so i angled my head to fit in the sunroof area. Got the Supra seats (powered driver seat) and now i have the room and then some. I wish i could buy a set of seats with the assurance that I can fit in them without sacrificing head room and comfort. From what i've gathered i could look for a seat and seat bracket that are designed for the Supra, but it may or may not take away my headroom. Any advice?
You know what? You should definitely get some racing seats. Those Supra ones you're using, they do sit pretty low, but I'm sure there are after-market ones that sit even lower. If worse comes, you better get a different car bro. Sht, I'm 5"11 and my head barely touches the ceiling already. Imagine 6"5, WHOA...
Old 05-30-08, 12:45 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn those sparco milano prestiges are pure sex.
Old 05-30-08, 10:55 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JJsc3
You know what? You should definitely get some racing seats. Those Supra ones you're using, they do sit pretty low, but I'm sure there are after-market ones that sit even lower. If worse comes, you better get a different car bro. Sht, I'm 5"11 and my head barely touches the ceiling already. Imagine 6"5, WHOA...
yeah man i feel you on that one, im 5'10 and im so glad i fit in my car, but idk in my bros miata, he actually or well, we took apart the seats and actually took out/cut off some foam in the cushion to let it have room to go down when it compresses when you sit on it, and i got to say, we gained alot of room, it feels more like bucket seats now and are still comfortable. im not sure about how it would work for our cars with possible seats but just an input.
Old 05-30-08, 01:35 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JJsc3
No, the supra seats have been my best mod by far. They do need a little TLC to match the interior and all, but they work great. The SC seats i had all the way down, but they didn't go down far enough. Now with the supra seats i can sit back and not worry about bumping my head if i hit the wrong bump. And i love my car and im not going to change for a very long time, even if gas goes to $5 a gallon
Old 05-30-08, 03:17 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by StiCk3
No, the supra seats have been my best mod by far. They do need a little TLC to match the interior and all, but they work great. The SC seats i had all the way down, but they didn't go down far enough. Now with the supra seats i can sit back and not worry about bumping my head if i hit the wrong bump. And i love my car and im not going to change for a very long time, even if gas goes to $5 a gallon
When I had tan Supra seats on my tan interior SC3 a few yrs. back, there was a noticeable difference in their tan color. Then I went to this online store selling leather dye, purchased a few cans of paint under their SC's color code for the tan interior, it still didn't really match. After the spray however, it was like new leather seats inside my ride; it was pretty nice. But unfortunately, it was still a huge difference in color, so I got rid them for the stockers once again. I hate the stockers, and all of my guy friends be complaining about them too. You can't really pull over, and take a good rest on them. The headrest for some reason, no matter how I adjust them, they just don't feel comfortable against my neck area. That's partly the reason why I will be getting rid of them for racing ones. The ladies however, don't seem to complain at all though. As a matter fact, it's kinda funny because they make the seats look real huge. Their heads kind of rest rite on the top of the seat, instead of on the head rest .

And I'm also keeping my ride, because I love the way it drives. I can afford a better car, but I just don't want to drive anything else. SC's can talk! .

Last edited by JJsc3; 05-30-08 at 03:27 PM. Reason: additional line....
Old 05-30-08, 08:12 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Default Look what I found?

How about these seats guys? Here are the dimensions. - Outer shoulders 22"
- Outer lower back 21.5"
- Outer seat 21"
- Outer floor 18"
- Outer adjusting ***** 21"
- Seat weight of 32lbs
Will they fit?

You know what really sucks? Once you've made up your mind to replace something on your car, you kind of feel bad about it afterwards. Does anybody get that feeling? I don't know why I'm having second thoughts of keeping my seats, especially with the memory seat function, beautiful leather, excellent condition, god it's tough! Plus, you know how tough it is to get a hold of good condition SC seats.

Last edited by JJsc3; 05-30-08 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-02-08, 09:54 PM
JJsc3
Driver

RU kidding me?? Is this really all the SC owners with racing seats?
Old 06-03-08, 12:30 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i got an update...

a buddy of mine has an s13 with an ls1 and he needed a more track friendly seat. he traded me his brand new, comfortable Recaro replicas(2 seats), and 50 bucks cash for my JIC seat. AND i got to keep my mounting bracket and slider

i got the JIC with the sliders and all for 80 bucks. so after this deal i got 2 new seats for 30 bucks technically, plus the bracket and slider.

i found some mint stock seats for DIRT cheap so im selling that pair to my buddy to put in his s13 convertible

man this summer rocks im getting some *****ing amazing deals left and right.

the recaro replicas are really comfortable too.
Old 06-03-08, 07:59 PM
JJsc3
Driver

I ordered the racing seats already, and they should arrive in a couple of days. I'm also going to removed the memory seat switch, and bondo the hole since my wood trim is already painted silver. It'll look like a stock 1 piece trim. Be on the look out for my stock leathers, possibly on Ebay soon! And SC owners with racing seats, please post some more pictures..
Old 06-04-08, 02:51 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

what modification is needed to do to the 93 supra rail to work in our cars??
Old 06-04-08, 05:39 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

direct bolt on.

Quick Reply: Let's talk about racing seats!!