SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Let's talk about racing seats!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-08, 10:27 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about racing seats!!

I'm in the market for some right now, but can't decide on which one to get. I've looked for the past hr., and just don't seem to find too many threads with racing seats on SC's. Fella's, let's show some SC's with racing seats on em...! I'm sure there are a lot out there. So far, I really like HoeBag's Sparco's, but I would like to see some far shots of his car. That way, I'll get a good view of whether the seats fit right or not.

It was somebody else other than Hoebag with the racing seats. Maa bad..

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-02-08 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-23-08, 10:46 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

here ismy buddies sparco that i had in my car for a little while. it is a reclining seat. not sure of a model. not exactly a "racing" seat but for most people on there forums its close enough

the seat bracket i used was out of an S13. i rewelded the tabs and it fits perfect. i personally have a JIC seat. ill post the pics of that tomorrow.

as far as comfort: the sparco is amazing for torso and shoulder support while the leg bolsters suck. well its good for a daily driver.

my JIC has some amazing leg bolsters but i wish the torso support was better. maybe ill take off the upholstery and "modify" it to fit me better.

as far as a quality seat goes: corbeau is good. buddy club are really nice seats but they are smaller then most other even though they are labeled with the same S,M,L,XL. basically a XL buddy club is like a regular L of other name brands. dont know why it is like that.

sparco evo 3 is a very comfortable seat...not reclining
bride brix zeta 3 is really nice too. comfortable as a mother....but expensive.

hope some of this helps.
Old 05-24-08, 01:10 AM
JJsc3
Driver

I sat on my friends Sparco's just today. He had the leg rest extension as well, and man! They're comfortable. They sit pretty low, but yet it takes away so much stress off of your leg while on the pedals. It almost felt as though my feet was doing all the work. All cars should come stock with racing seats. Enough of those "lazy seats"! I call stock seats lazy seats, but excluding some of the newer cars with obvious stock racing seats. With just the right design, it has to be more comfortable than lazy seats.
Old 05-24-08, 01:31 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are the seats I got for my car. I love them! They are much better then the stock ones, well at least in my opinion. I used the 93+ Supra brackets and with a little modification they sat in a little lower then the stock seats. I will take some pictures of them in the car soon.
Old 05-24-08, 02:11 AM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

i never liked the racing seats in a sc. i like the racaro seats though, they look stock and smooth....
Old 05-24-08, 03:12 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

What I want to know is what are the best racing seats? Sparco, Bride, Recaro, etc? I personally dislike them all, but heard mixed things from everybody.
Old 05-24-08, 03:13 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RSX seats look pretty good. Redphoenix has them in his car.
Old 05-24-08, 07:21 AM
yokojzz30
Rookie

If you search for my introduction thread, there are pics of my recaro's in there. They reclinable buckets though. I like my brides better though.
Sorry I can't just post them as I am deployed right now and the web sucks.
Old 05-24-08, 10:30 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sparco Milano Presitge

gadgetSC

Last edited by gadgetSC; 05-24-08 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-24-08, 11:14 AM
JJsc3
Driver

I really like the seats with the extension on the leg support, but these type are usually very expensive. Gadget, could you send me some far shots of your car with these seats?

Also, RSX seats are pretty nice, but to me, they come pretty close to the cheapo's like from Kragen, if you know what I mean. Not saying that there's anything wrong with them, but I could purchase them for a lot cheaper without buying the actual RSX ones.

Now check these seats out; I kind of like them. They look pretty close to Supra seats, but with obviously more side support. Hey, come to think about it, Supra's should come stock with these seats instead. I think they would look perfect on SC, being that it's not too ridiculously sporty on a luxor/sport coupe. What do ya think? I told the seller to email me a picture of the seats in black, so can't wait to see them. I had Supra seats on my previously wrecked SC/tan interior. Color doesn't match, sits too low, and they did nothing in terms of support.

Here's the side view:

Last edited by JJsc3; 05-24-08 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-24-08, 12:45 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

gadgetsc, i would love to sit in your sc hows the comfort on those? and doesnt scotturnot have the same set up?
Old 05-24-08, 12:56 PM
SoCaLSC400
Intermediate

Originally Posted by product.sc
gadgetsc, i would love to sit in your sc hows the comfort on those? and doesnt scotturnot have the same set up?
scotturnot is rockin Recaros... either way, both seats are money!
Old 05-24-08, 04:35 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCaLSC400
scotturnot is rockin Recaros... either way, both seats are money!

so the recaros that he has, has the same type leg bolsters that moves forward like those sparco prestige's?
Old 05-24-08, 04:46 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Lets talk about stock seats.....
Old 05-24-08, 05:04 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about seats that are affordable that offer good support and ARENT racing seats. I'd like something lighter than the stockers, but not some red drifter-wannabe seats.

Quick Reply: Let's talk about racing seats!!