SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Trip to the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-02, 11:33 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trip to the dealership

I went to get my oil changed at the Lexus dealership today because I hate changing my oil myself and I figure the extra cost (I thought would be a standard $30) is outweighed by the benefits. So I get there and am shocked by the price quote of $49.95, but I say what the hell I'm already here. What I didn't realize is that for $50, they not only changed my oil but did a 30-point safety inspection, topped off all my fluids, and fully detailed my car (vacuuming, dusting, shining, polishing, washing, waxing, and even removed stains from the carpets). They even managed to get some new car smell into my car! And all this while I was sitting in a giant waiting room with a 60-inch TV watching ESPN on satellite on the most comfortable leather Ethan-Allen chair ever with a complimentary coffee from their Starbuck's espresso bar. I sat there comparing this to my previous trips to the Toyota dealership, which remind me of the DMV..... Damn I love Lexus! Just thought I'd share.
Old 02-13-02, 04:27 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lex4....glad to hear u had a good experience w/ ur dealership. Lexus of Nashville sounds like ur dealership, except instead of having a 60" TV, they have 2 25" TV'S and instead of leather, they have some real comfortable cloth chairs (real plush though). Last time i went to the dealership, I went to pick up some parts i had ordered for my SC (while the SC was being worked on) and where u pick up ur parts is beside the service garage. Well anyways, on front of the door to the garage there is this huge red sign that says its a fed. offense to let ANY customers beyond that point. Well, while i was standing at the counter getting my parts, one of the mechanics came up and asked me if that was my SC. I was like yeah and he was like....thats a nice car. Come back here i want to show u something. he showed me that my pwr. steering ring was beginning to leak and he wanted to know if i wanted him to replace it. I said yeah. The he jacked the car up and i looked at the bottem, etc. It was an awsome experience (esp. having in the back of my mind that i was committing a "federal" offense) The guys there r really nice and i love going there.
Old 02-13-02, 05:10 AM
rhart00
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
Well anyways, on front of the door to the garage there is this huge red sign that says its a fed. offense to let ANY customers beyond that point. Well, while i was standing at the counter getting my parts, one of the mechanics came up and asked me if that was my SC. I was like yeah and he was like....thats a nice car. Come back here i want to show u something. he showed me that my pwr. steering ring was beginning to leak and he wanted to know if i wanted him to replace it. I said yeah. The he jacked the car up and i looked at the bottem, etc. It was an awsome experience (esp. having in the back of my mind that i was committing a "federal" offense) The guys there r really nice and i love going there.

They got signs like that at Johnson Lexus where I work at but they are there so customers don't just walk into the shop by themselves and screw stuff up or get hurt. It isn't really a federal offense. The Lexus mechanics are great. Very knowledgable. I swear some of these guys sat down and memorized the repair manuals for every Lexus car.
Old 02-13-02, 07:12 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

The mechanics and service managers at my Lexus dealership (Hoffman Lexus of Hartford, CT) are among the best I have ever dealt with. The mechanics are very knowledgable about my SC400. I find it a distinct pleasure to do business with them and in the long run, that is why I keep going back there. The guys at the parts desk are cool too.
Old 02-13-02, 01:52 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

)yeah. I hope when i go off to college next yr. there will be a good dealership nearby. One of the other pluses at Lexus of Nashville is the new girl that brings up ur bills, etc. She is really HOTTTTT (and wears clothes to match ). The lady that used to be there got moved up i think b/c i still see her there but not at the desk, just walking around. She was really nice though and i enjoyed talking to her. This new girl is just INCREDIBLE though. ( I need to let me take a pic of her and post it in the Hot Women thread )
Old 02-13-02, 07:07 PM
XTC
Driver

Lexus of Pembroke Pines is great as well. With my old SC, i went in to get a VIN run, and i was leaving i stopped at the parts counter and asked to get some touchup paint. They brought it out and gave me pearl white and a bottle of clearcoat. I pulled out my money clip and asked how much and they looked at me for a sec. I asked if something was wrong and they said, "no", we dont charge for paint." I have NEVER got anything form a dealership for free before.