FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh no... i hate this feeling
Old 06-03-08, 06:02 PM
chrispy
Forum Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Dude that sucks so bad. There's a lot of shady characters around our place lately. Hope they can find these guys and get this straightened out.
Old 06-03-08, 06:06 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucks, i hope it's not someone from your sunday meet. It's a horrible feeling.
Old 06-03-08, 06:13 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Damn dude that sucks ,this is one reason i refuse to put a dvd in any of my cars , they tend to attract the dumbest thieves. luckily they did not do too much damage.
Old 06-03-08, 06:19 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, that is really suck...hope you will recover from this soon.
Old 06-03-08, 06:31 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

**** jerry thats all bad =(
Old 06-03-08, 07:29 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dannnng man i'm sorry dude
Old 06-03-08, 07:32 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

i just went through the same thing about a month ago..sorry about what happened bro i know how you feel
Old 06-03-08, 08:04 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Karma is a *****.
Old 06-03-08, 08:08 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Damn... I know exactly how you feel.

Same happened to me 3-4 years ago when I was in Michigan. Destroyed the center console, window, door, and rear deck. Luckily insurance covered everything except my portable nav.

Sorry this happened to you.
Old 06-03-08, 08:09 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

damm dude that sucks. broke the headunit and took the edfc.. weird... i worry about my double din everyday when i park in the streets of NYC....
Old 06-03-08, 08:11 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

That sucks Jerry!!! I am so sorry, where was this at?
Old 06-03-08, 08:21 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

First off, thanks so much from the condolences and offer to help from the members on here (both the ones that I have known personally over the years of owning the car, the ones that I met recently, and the ones I know online

It happened in my apartment complex right here in Anaheim. I routinely park my car about 15 feet away from my bedroom so it always felt safe nearby. And, since I have the 2-Way Clifford Matrix alarm, if something does go down, as I have always believed, the pager will be able to wake me up if the alarm doesn't. Most importantly, there were no incidents within the last 3 years of living here - and my daily schedule has always been different - so this one is a shocker.

I feel so dumb in retrospect but it is also a lesson learned here is what happened:

Last night I got home from work later than usual at around 9pm with a grip load of groceries along with my camera backpack (thank god I carried that in) that I use for work, a lunch pale, and a Thermos coffee mug. Needless to say, my hands were fully tied up to the point where I was dropping stuff along the way into the house. I chilled in the house, resting up for my usual late night gym session for two hours, with everyone up doing dishes and whatever. Even by 12am here, there are residents of my complex that are still up chilling wandering around.

So at 12am, I left for the gym., I came out to the passenger side of the car to put in all my gym gear and saw that wires were coming out of the dash and my heart immediately sunk into the abyss. Instinctively (more on this later on how this was a mistake), I inspected the car and everything oddly was intact with no signs of forced entry did not recall that the alarmed ever went off. Only the gas cap popped open because they tried to pop the trunk open.

Immediately, I thought, how odd? Were these thieves that good enough to bypass my alarm and got into the car without breaking anything? Can't be! The Alpine in-dash that they tried to go after was destroyed so they must be dumb as a rock. At that point, the feeling got worst as I figured out that I must have left the car unlocked and unarmed due to carrying all the junk in. Stupidest mistake ever on my part but it probably saved me a broken window or some other messy forced entry method.

Things got worst as I realized that I left my wallet in the armrest too because I filled up a full tank of gas using cash (luckily for me because I use credit for gas most of the time) so I ran back in to call both the cops and my credit card companies, starting with my Debits first.

Cops came, wrote the report, and one of my neighbors down the alley approached us as a witness and divulged his personal information to the police as well. According to my neighbor, while he was hanging out with his girlfriend in his garage at the end of the complex near midnight, he saw a "cholo" and his "chola" girlfriend whose "drawn in eyebrows looked like Ronald McDonald" walked up and down the apartment complex he has never seen them before (My neighbor and his buddies hangs out and the end of the complex all the time so he should be able to recognize most people that reside in here). Supciously, he noticed that the girl was standing in the vicinity of my car, pretending to look for something (which as it turned out that she was a spotter), and then they just disappeared. Soon thereafter, he saw me and Cops from upstairs and immediately concluded that they did something and came down to be a witness. The cops just wrote a lengthy report but was unable to perform any forensics for that we tampered with the car. Who can resist not going through your stuff to check what is missing?

After that is done, I spoke to the fraud department and apparently they left a little paper trail. First they went to a Carl's Jr somewhere in Anaheim - the city that I live in - and splurged $26 at 1:16 am. That is a little bit too much for Carl's with a party of two. So they must had a feast with some friends for that amount. That card got canceled.

By 3:07am, I called my other credit card company to cancel it and see what happened. They made a 5 transactions at a CVS within the same city again, all within half hour. First, they started off with a test purchase of $12 and that went through. The second purchase minutes later came out to be $130. Now they are getting greedy and went for a bigger purchase of $290 minutes later but I canceled it over the phone as they were swiping it away with no luck. Still persistent, they swiped it two more times for $290 again without success and sadly without any suspicion by the cashier. So I traced down which CVS in Anaheim it occurred after calling a couple of them and asked the clerk if there were any declined credit card transactions with the aforementioned suspect descriptions. BINGO!!! I found the store so I told the clerk to call the Police Dept after telling him briefly about what happened. The cops arrived at the store and they are awaiting for the detectives to check out the tape when they talk to management at the store. I spoke with the officer today who arrived at the CVS and he commented that the clerk is too new on the job and did not have any common sense. Moreover, the officer said there was a total of three suspects now - A cholo, his chola girlfriend, and a pregnant chola girl. Anyhow, the officers from last night called this morning and stopped by our apartment again to get a final list of stolen items, along with details account numbers etc. Luckily, I am not liable for any of the charges made by these scums.
Old 06-03-08, 08:34 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

^ good to hear.

Hope the cops do their job and bring these cholos/cholas to justice. At least these fools don't look like a part of organized gang, so that's a good news. At least you will be able to replace your audio with brand new units.

Quick Reply: Oh man... I Got Jacked Last Night