SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Oh man... I Got Jacked Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 11:56 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading this entire thread, I love the sense of comraderie and support in this forum.

Originally Posted by hass
Jerry,

The same exact thing happened to me, i came home from grocery shopping left my doors unlocked (1st time ever after getting my 2way viper system). All my alpine trunk set up was stolen along with my Ipod. I felt so dumb, but got over it.
I still have a hard time getting over it. I mean if someone broke into my car at the mall parking structure then that it is no surprise. But man I left it unlock accidentally and it was parked literally 20 feet from my bedroom window! Two steps out my back door and I can already see my car! Heck, people that park their cars on the driveway in a 2 story tract home are distanced farther from their cars more than me in an apartment.

Originally Posted by frdykrugar
good reason to upgrade your security ! on a lighter note, at least they didn't yank the wires, they were kind enough to "unplug" them ?
Yes, the security system is going to be upgraded with more modules.

Originally Posted by Wald GS
sorry to hear about what happened Jerry. =(
I am glad you are doing some detective work..

After someone stole my cc number and rang up 15k in charges, I had to do some investigating myself and actually found the person online advertising stolen cc cards.

Hope it all works out bro.
Yea, too bad the clerk that I spoke to that night said they left 5 minutes before I called. The store is like less than a mile from my house. I should have grabbed a different car and drove there to get their plate numbers but I doubt if theyre dumb enough to linger and lounge around after a credit scam shopping spree got declined.

Originally Posted by 88supramki
that really sucks man! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things resolved in a very short time. Mad props for being resourceful in helping catch the people who jacked you. It's the worst feeling to have someone break into your car and steal something you worked hard to get. I've had a system stolen before too and your heart feels like it drops into your stomach, which then drops into your shoes.

Good luck with rebuilding it, it shouldn't be too bad. I would personally stay away from the Eclipse flip outs...they really haven't made a good one that's worth their high price in years.
For our cars, with a 1990s style low sloped dash, a double din would position the screen too low. A flip out positions the screen at the perfect spot where I can just roll my eyes slightly and see whats on the screen. What is wrong with the AVN7000? It seems to be better looking and better equiped than the Alpine counterpart
Old 06-04-08, 12:16 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

I personally love my double din, but that's where it comes to personal preference.

I just think that there are far more updated screens out there than the flipout ones that Eclipse has done. The AVN7000 hasn't been updated since its inception, there's no ipod adapter, the maps haven't been updated, etc.

I would do either a newer alpine screen or a kenwood if you're looking for a flipout. That's just me personally.
Old 06-04-08, 12:31 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

"""But for the meantime, I'll try to enjoy my Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust
"""

thats the spirit.
Old 06-04-08, 12:46 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to sound like I'm trying to jump on an opportunity but... I have an Alpine CVA-1004 and 12 Disc changer sitting around. It's been collecting dust for over 8 months. If you want it just shoot me an offer.
Old 06-04-08, 01:03 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn bro i was just reading this and i can totally relate. Some ***** (who i found eventually after some investigating) went into my garage and stole my rims and my sisters rims back in the fall of 2006. They were just taken off for winter storage and stolen 1 week after. Mind you, I was still living at home with my parents and we live in a very upscale neighbourhood.

Learned some valuable lessons from that incident. Keep your spirits up bro b/c payback is a biatch.
Old 06-04-08, 03:41 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow I just read all 4 pages of this thread...
Your heart probably sunk to the floor when you saw your screen and edfc gone. I'm sorry that this had to happen to you, nobody should have to go through this but sadly it is reality. I hope you find justice my friend, I truly hope you do.
Old 06-04-08, 04:24 PM
HELLAFLUSH
Lead Lap

Sorry for your loss. Next time put a siren inside the car! Seriously.
Old 06-04-08, 05:04 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Im sorry to hear about what happened. I can understand how you feel. I hope they catch the guys who are responsible.
Old 06-04-08, 07:15 PM
sliva001
Lead Lap

dang yoo that sux..
time for a new one!!
http://livautosport.webs.com/apps/webstore/
Old 06-04-08, 09:31 PM
JJsc3
Driver

SOB's!!! ****'s can't work to buy their own shts!
Old 06-05-08, 02:31 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SATXSC400
Sorry to hear about your car man. Some people just don't want to work and save up for nice things. They would just rather go out and steal other people's hard earned *****. If it were up to me I would cut off a finger or hand each time they stole something. Just cut off a finger and be done with it. No need to waste money on them putting them up in the county hotel. Only in America can you commit a crime and be punished with a warm bed, 3 meals, and a chance to get a education. None of the $100 fine/slap on the wrist crap. The system stinks..!! Sorry again man.
Send these type of idiots to the remote corner of Alaska like how the Russians sent their criminals - and sadly political enemies and dissidents - to Siberia. Implement judicial caning like in Singapore where they whip their criminal's bare buttocks with a 6 feet long cane. Or, like how u said, amputate their fingers and hands like in Saudi Arabia. Having such harsh punishments would sure clean up our streets really really quick but it is not politically expedient for our government to do so. Sadly, here in America, we toss them in our stupid prison system, wasting our tax dollars, and they continue to gang bang and thrive even more in there. After they get out, they are probably worst criminals. So much for rehabilitation

Originally Posted by 88supramki
I personally love my double din, but that's where it comes to personal preference.

I just think that there are far more updated screens out there than the flipout ones that Eclipse has done. The AVN7000 hasn't been updated since its inception, there's no ipod adapter, the maps haven't been updated, etc.

I would do either a newer alpine screen or a kenwood if you're looking for a flipout. That's just me personally.

vs.

Eclipse looks better in my opinion and has a hard drive navigation....

Double Din vs Single Din Flip-OUt:

I never sat in an SC with a double din but that location looks really low. Does the ashtray cover hit it or cover it when its open?

Double-Din, there arent any face plates to remove. It just blatantly sits there.

Double-Dins are allover the used market now so its cheaper?
Old 06-05-08, 02:44 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got jacked too!!!

I used to have Panasonic Strada with navi. You might consider getting just like mine. I used my stock faceplate for cover.

Before:

After:

Old 06-05-08, 03:57 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

my old edfc! man that sucks. i thought my area was hood. although they do jack weird stuff like the tires off my jetski trailer. time to upgrade brother. sigh karma will get them.
Old 06-05-08, 04:16 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if this has been said, or not yet, but you need to be very careful with identity fraud right now. Pay the $100 or whatever it costs to get a subscription to the 3 credit monitoring agencies. This will let you check every day for any new accounts opened in your name.

Same thing happened to my mother when her purse was stolen from the car. They got her license, credit cards, etc. and messed her up pretty bad.
Old 06-05-08, 09:47 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex

Eclipse looks better in my opinion and has a hard drive navigation....

Double Din vs Single Din Flip-OUt:

I never sat in an SC with a double din but that location looks really low. Does the ashtray cover hit it or cover it when its open?

Double-Din, there arent any face plates to remove. It just blatantly sits there.

Double-Dins are allover the used market now so its cheaper?
Double dins are the new wave because 90% of vehicles are going with the larger opening, thus making them more appealing because of the "like factory" look. I love the double din personally, there's not waiting for it to flip out and flip back in. the downside is that it's constantly there for someone to look at. in my 2 years of working at the audio shop we only had one person get their double din eclipse navi stolen.

The eclipse definitely looks nicer than the D-106, because the D-106 is a low budget alpine screen. I wouldn't go with an alpine screen personally, but that's just me. I just don't like the fact that eclipse hasn't updated the AVN7000 since its inception, that's pretty damn lame if you ask me. It's the same deal with their AVN5495 with the HDD navi, they just don't update it because "they don't know how", straight from eclipse's lips.

The double din is still shorter than the factory radio so the ash tray doesn't hit the unit at all, there's still approx. 1/2 din remaining under the double din radio.

Quick Reply: Oh man... I Got Jacked Last Night