SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

what do you guys think about this bumper on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08 | 12:58 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the money... why not? alot of people on this forum have ordered from VIS with good/bad luck. I was thinking of replacing my front bumper, and getting rid of my 97, but i dont have the money right now.

Many people have the knockoff, they just havent said anything. But like they said above, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-04-08 | 01:14 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
The biggest thing is make sure that what is picture is what you get. Some of the vertex knockoffs come without the highbeams cut out or with the grill in the wrong location (VIS racing).

Nothing bothers me more than the grill being in the wrong location. In time it will drive you crazy as well.
LOL I will be one of them soon. I noticed it was in the wrong stop and now it's starting to bug me more and more.
Old 06-04-08 | 03:32 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

It doesn't look quite right.... because it isn't. Please don't put this on your SC, Save up for the real thing.

http://www.t-and-e.co.jp/
Old 06-04-08 | 03:37 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300

This is what i did when i got it home and opened it.

I told the guy over and over that I didn't want a crap kit. This kit shouldn't sell for more than 400 shipped.

I gave the guy the kit back after hounding him for 2 months over emails and for phone. He only gave me 75% of my money back.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=vfiber

Last edited by TecnoSmurf; 06-04-08 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-04-08 | 05:19 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

I bought a crap vertex knock off from ebay.... but i expected it to be a crap knock off. It was years back, possibly V-speed? My point is i expected it to be crap so i bought fiberglass from autozone with chicken wire(grill stuff) and reinforced the whole kit. It was very strong after.

But the fitment sucked, but I expected it and my friends body shopped chopped it up to work, in fact we chopped the bottom half of it and molded it to the stock 92 bumper (cut horizontally above the mouth like a huge Lip)

The worst part I feel about my kit experience is the chips, i drive the freeways and I drive fast, it was constantly being speckled with chips. Very good paint job and clear coating, or the bumper guard plastic are your options. going to happen whether knock off or not.

Moral of my story, i got what i expected, was prepared to work with it, and was happy. If you are buying this cheap version and are not prepared to work with it, I wouldn't take the chance that you are the lucky one who gets a good one, just communicate well with the vendor and be prepared when you buy.
Old 06-04-08 | 08:43 PM
JJsc3
Driver

should i get it or not? its $638, Front + side +rear *full kit*

appreciated!!!
First off and most importantly, do you have a body shop willing to do the work for you? When I bought my kit, I shopped around for a few body shops, and most say they don't have the time to do it. I ended up doing most of the work myself, and then just having the shop paint it for me instead. Also, this kit will be very nice if only you're willing to drop your ride as low as possible. I've seen a white Vertex SC just a few days ago driven by an asian lady, and her ride looked horrible being that it's not low enough.
Old 06-04-08 | 09:08 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300
Hahaha you my friend just made my night! Made no sense what so ever, but I like it!
Old 06-04-08 | 10:41 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

you can get it buy you expect to pay at least 500-600 before paint.

Last edited by TecnoSmurf; 06-04-08 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-05-08 | 04:09 PM
frdykrugar
Driver

People who say "don't risk it" or "you get what you paid for " pisses me off. I bought and still will buy knock off replica items as long as i do my research on it. If you're gonna buy it, go take a look at the item if you can and ask alot of questions. How many layers of fiberglass, where it's made and such. I bought my raceonusa vertex knock off kit and I didn't have to do anything to get it to fit. beware that some vertex copy kits don't have the highbeam cut out which is retarded to begin with. Make sure you ask them if the highbeam is cut out otherwise, it's junk. VIS makes okay copys of the front but the rear (full bumper) fits terribly. You must understand all fiberglass kit needs to be prepped no matter how strong or weak they are. Just another reminder, that video is used by many bodykit manufactures but that's not necessarily what you will be getting. all the companies 'claim' that's their product but they just use it for demonstration and you get a total different kit. i think the video originated from speedstash in the eastcoast IIRC. Good luck to you, and I've had good experience with raceon usa kits.
Old 06-05-08 | 04:21 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

I have a raceon kit. they let out look at them if they have them in stock before you buy
Old 06-06-08 | 07:41 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

all non oem kits will have fitment issues. heck even putting the 97+ side skirts onto the pre 97s run into some bolting issues. Originial AC, vertex, jic magic = flip a coin and that's your chances of getting a good kit that won't have any fitment issues. knockoff or authentic, there will always be something. bottom line, kits are kits, some are made in better quality some are just junk. forget about fitment, there will always be issues. it comes down to quality.