SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

home depot lip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 01:13 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbrasian
you can use it if you want personally like i said before i wouldn't as i made a full lip plus ducting out of sheet metal... a lip you buy is a cheap piece of plastic and the the door sealer idea would be flimsy as heck but you can fix that by renforcing it... by the way where did i say it is door sealer is good quality ??? did i even say that?? no i don't think so, so before you assume that i did and try to personally attack me on things i didn't say you better get your facts straight i think your poor choice of words is what make people angry and frankly I've worked on cars and had them on covers and compete professionally ...if i saw one (a home depot lip) i'd laugh... but i'd give them credit for their creativity and keep my .02 out of insulting them
I never meant to attack you personally and I apologize if you felt that way....There is a difference in fabricating using good material and questionable material....I'm assuming and hope that you use the former....anyways, people are probably angry at me because they feel insulted by my OPINION....but I'm not one to jes congratulate someone cause they chose originality over quality...
Old 07-30-08, 01:17 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rpx13
I never meant to attack you personally and I apologize if you felt that way....There is a difference in fabricating using good material and questionable material....I'm assuming and hope that you use the former....anyways, people are probably angry at me because they feel insulted by my OPINION....but I'm not one to jes congratulate someone cause they chose originality over quality...
Sometimes one owns opinion is best left unsaid. . .true?
Old 07-30-08, 01:26 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cbrasian
Sometimes one owns opinion is best left unsaid. . .true?
mine was pretty tame I thought...
Old 07-30-08, 01:44 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

in a way it is but in another its kinda condescending... because i do agree with you to a point... after all we are here to gather as a group and not say who's better than another..btw we really did get off topic anyways lol

Last edited by cbrasian; 07-30-08 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-30-08, 02:14 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I stopped reading this thread because it got so off topic, but my curiosity struck me again. i think it looks good on that white bumper.
i would rock it, and keep $200 in my pocket... oh wait i already bought the oem lip though
Old 08-01-08, 09:06 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like others are starting to take after us. Found this on my friend's forum.
http://board.tercelonline.com/viewthread.php?tid=36211
Old 04-04-09, 11:49 PM
Rix Sc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

insight of the recession and, also, insight of the ability to purchase our beloved sc300/400s at lower prices, we should be open to anything that could possible improve aesthetics or even performance of our cars.

its somewhat disgusting to see people so enraged, because of people who chose to save money and doing their own work with budget material.

it is sad how many people on this forum don't even do their own work to their cars. i guess the only funny thing about it is, how idiotic they will feel when WE see their 3 page receipt from the dealer for an OFFICIAL OEM LIP installation.
Old 04-05-09, 03:18 AM
jwrape
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rix Sc400
insight of the recession and, also, insight of the ability to purchase our beloved sc300/400s at lower prices, we should be open to anything that could possible improve aesthetics or even performance of our cars.

its somewhat disgusting to see people so enraged, because of people who chose to save money and doing their own work with budget material.

it is sad how many people on this forum don't even do their own work to their cars. i guess the only funny thing about it is, how idiotic they will feel when WE see their 3 page receipt from the dealer for an OFFICIAL OEM LIP installation.

Yea, have to agree. There is a lot of satisfaction knowing when something makes a noise or something breaks that I know how to fix it and it's not gonna cost me tons of $$$$ in labor to fix it.
Old 04-05-09, 03:32 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Default Post of the week

Originally Posted by Rix Sc400

Old 04-05-09, 07:20 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

if you want too, just do it...
its your car.
Old 04-05-09, 09:59 AM
MEANDAFAKA
Lead Lap

what a disgrace to a lexus.
Old 04-05-09, 05:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by OneJay
Looks like others are starting to take after us. Found this on my friend's forum.
http://board.tercelonline.com/viewthread.php?tid=36211
wtf your friend has a tercel? Tell him to get his *** over here for a real car
Old 04-05-09, 05:02 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

I got it on my car see pic in sig, I just couldn't bring my self to spending $300 for the factory front lip, that bends and all.
Old 04-05-09, 05:36 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

I dont understand whats the big deal about this HD lip. Ok tell you what,heres what i think (not that you care, but anyway)

On the newer sc's the HD lip is no no!

On the older ones, with like faded paint and clowdy headlights (like mine)are perfect especialy the plastic one,not rubber.The rubber ones are almost invisible anyway.
Old 04-05-09, 07:34 PM
Rix Sc400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
wtf your friend has a tercel? Tell him to get his *** over here for a real car

I cant really understand if your comment is pure sarcasm or not.

If it is not sarcasm, don't you think that knocking on someone, whether it be a tercel or not, with an obvious passion towards their car, is somewhat, rude?

I am still trying to weed out the difference between the snobby lexus owners and those who are stricken with sarcasm within their comments.

Quick Reply: home depot lip?