Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how I feel about that
Old 06-09-08, 02:30 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaydee
^Why not? if it protects your bumper from scrapes then +1...only problem is that I've yet to see a piece of plastic wide enough so that it would be a "visible" lip
actually i think you would scrape more if you have one of these lips, since clearance would be lower...and worse things can when that happens

i personally just don't think it would look right because of the curvature of the lower portion of the bumper. they don't look half bad on some other cars and looks great on others (evo, sti) but i don't think it looks good on the SC. but if you can get it to work, that would be awesome
Old 06-09-08, 02:30 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OneJay
Originally Posted by TRDRacer
I was talking to 2JZSoarer earlier today cause I love his lip, makes the car look very aggresive! Get this it's made from some garden divider that was cut and double taped and zip tied to hold it in place! Here are some pics of his car!

Old 06-09-08, 02:46 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FiSta
actually i think you would scrape more if you have one of these lips, since clearance would be lower...and worse things can when that happens

i personally just don't think it would look right because of the curvature of the lower portion of the bumper. they don't look half bad on some other cars and looks great on others (evo, sti) but i don't think it looks good on the SC. but if you can get it to work, that would be awesome
what i meant was that the plastic lip would protect the paint from the bottom of the bumper, paint cost money...home depot lip doesn't cost as much.

the lip on that green SC is definitely not what I had in mind. I saw someone putting a garage door seal that is no more than 5 cm in height
Old 06-09-08, 04:45 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah... I would be embarrassed to have it.
Old 06-09-08, 05:48 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't do it man. Either buy an oem/authentic lip or don't put one on your car at all. Think about this scenario.

"Hey man is that the WiseSports front lip?"

"Nah bro, it's a HomeDepot front lip."

LOL
Old 06-09-08, 06:13 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaydee
what i meant was that the plastic lip would protect the paint from the bottom of the bumper, paint cost money...home depot lip doesn't cost as much.

the lip on that green SC is definitely not what I had in mind. I saw someone putting a garage door seal that is no more than 5 cm in height
in that case, you better bubble wrap your car because it's also cheaper than repainting your car... lol j/k

I dont think home depot and car should go together in a single sentence.
Old 06-09-08, 06:35 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, if you could get the material at Home Depot to make a lip that fits perfect w/out any gaps, and is durable, as well as aesthetically nice looking. I don't see a problem with it. People will ask, "where'd you get that lip", you can then say "I made it myself". That's pretty impressive and that's essentially what tuning is all about.
Old 06-09-08, 08:16 PM
sliva001
Lead Lap

I did it in my on ther car, but I wouldnt put it on my lex.

Bonus pic...
Old 06-09-08, 08:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont think it looks all that bad...mabey if it didnt hang so low...match the dimensions of the oem lip with the home depot material and i think it would look ok...i may give it a shot this weekend on my 92..
Old 06-09-08, 09:59 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ok here's what I was thinking of (not my car),But i think this mod is quite tasteful

Old 06-09-08, 10:36 PM
balutsc300
Lead Lap

haha wow im sorry i started all this commotion but my bumper is unpainted at the moment but it doesnt hurt to see how it looks right? its a cheap mod and maybe it wont look that bad. i know the clean look and everything but as a college student money is tight! but ill keep you guys updated if i dont like it i can always take it off haha im only gonna use a double sided tape try to test fit it, see how it looks take some pics and let the pic be the judge. i have been lookign for a wisesport lip however but those are so rare wish me luck!
Old 06-09-08, 10:38 PM
balutsc300
Lead Lap

i was thinking of cutting it to give more clearance and make it close to the 93 lip as much as possible! well see how it goes
Old 06-09-08, 10:51 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That one on the G35 actually looks pretty cool.
I personally don't see what's wrong with making your own parts as long as they are done well. One of my friends who drives a Tacoma showed me a thread on his forum where a guy made his own light bar for the front of his truck with piping he bought from Home Depot. It looks very nicely done and positively adds to the look of the truck.

Quick Reply: home depot lip?