SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

home depot lip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-08, 07:03 AM
DRAGAN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previous owner of my car had the home depot lip. To me it just don't look right and it made the car look cheap.
Old 06-14-08, 08:35 PM
sc3lovely
Driver

Here yah go day shot
It's held by double sided tape and some aluminum plates so it
wont come off at a high speed
Old School Work Equip

Last edited by sc3lovely; 06-14-08 at 08:36 PM. Reason: text
Old 06-14-08, 08:47 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Can the lip be pulled out more so it's flush with the bumper?
Old 06-14-08, 09:06 PM
sc3lovely
Driver

Originally Posted by sc300max
^ Can the lip be pulled out more so it's flush with the bumper?
I think it can be possible, but I ended up not flushing, I flushed it on the g35
but not on my sc.
Old 06-18-08, 07:05 PM
shammyhp23
Driver

guys really lets cut the **** with the home depot lip coming from the kid that did
icut springs WE DRIVE LEXUS NOT HONDAS so lets stop doing honda mods
Old 06-18-08, 10:17 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shammyhp23
guys really lets cut the **** with the home depot lip coming from the kid that did
I wouldnt say its a bad idea. I threw one on for gas mileage. Its cheap and diffuses air just the same as my carbon lip but when i drag it on the ground i dont care. Total cost: $3.32 total added miles per tank of gas after analysis: 27

Plus hate all you want on the honda mods but the honda community has done a lot for modding imports and im not just talking about cuttin springs . im just pulling your chain on the springs, i just would rather have a cheap alternative for when im cruising the car to work over rough roads.
Old 06-19-08, 07:50 AM
AztecSN95
Pole Position

you mean like motor swaps, body kits, black wheels, NA-T stuff, and NAWS!@!@!!!!!?????
Old 06-19-08, 11:25 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel what your saying man, lexus are nice cars and look great with tasteful mods, at the same time that doesn't mean they half to cost an arm and a leg, let's face it SC's are extremely cheap now days for a 92-96 we are talking 3k - 7k most likely for a car now.. hell a 92 civic with a b series swap will get you $5500 these days.....
Old 06-19-08, 11:52 AM
RedSC
Pole Position

As a fan of custom sh it and making your own parts, i say do the HD lip if u like, not to rag on the big companies but my friend has an s14 and he has gone through three greddy lips already. That's $250 at Raceonusa, multiply it times 3 and u got a loss. The wisesport lip is made out of fiberglass which is crap if you want your ride low, the vertex lip and the big win are over priced although i like the big win lip. So for the amount of money you will spend for a big name brand lip you can save more than 60% and have a badass lip. besides im sure alot of people on here do crazy things with their cars like racing drifting or even cruising in the freeway, stuff happens, so unless your car is gonna be mainly a show car, i would consider making your own lips, It doesn't make you look cheap or your car ugly, it just means you got talent and can make ur own sh it.
Old 06-19-08, 11:55 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrispy
That thing is a huge POS. I saw it at a meet and it was one of the worse condition cars I've ever seen. Don't do it.
Drift cars are hardly ever in "show car" condition. I'd rather see a drift car with dents on it than one with just clean paint, wheels, and a bunch of stickers.
Old 06-19-08, 12:01 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Drift cars are hardly ever in "show car" condition. I'd rather see a drift car with dents on it than one with just clean paint, wheels, and a bunch of stickers.
That's what i'm talking about.
Old 06-19-08, 12:08 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSC
As a fan of custom sh it and making your own parts, i say do the HD lip if u like, not to rag on the big companies but my friend has an s14 and he has gone through three greddy lips already. That's $250 at Raceonusa, multiply it times 3 and u got a loss. The wisesport lip is made out of fiberglass which is crap if you want your ride low, the vertex lip and the big win are over priced although i like the big win lip. So for the amount of money you will spend for a big name brand lip you can save more than 60% and have a badass lip. besides im sure alot of people on here do crazy things with their cars like racing drifting or even cruising in the freeway, stuff happens, so unless your car is gonna be mainly a show car, i would consider making your own lips, It doesn't make you look cheap or your car ugly, it just means you got talent and can make ur own sh it.
Lol that's why I ended with the HD lip on my s14
Old 06-19-08, 12:26 PM
tonyc9928
Driver

Alot of people think you have to pay way too much for something or it's no good. no matter how good or bad it looks.
I say. Let them waste their money. Making something myself gives me great pleasure.
Any idiot can shell out too much money for a part. It takes a REAL craftsman to make something from nothing.
I would also guess that most of the bawkers have their mommy pay for their parts anyway.

Anyway.. I like it. if it's done with precision.

Last edited by tonyc9928; 06-19-08 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-19-08, 02:34 PM
sc3lovely
Driver

FOOL!
I drive A honda s2k
What are you trying to imply here?
having aesthetic and creativity to cutting springs is just plain stupidity.
Just so u know I have a honda s2k on a Tein coils-

Old 06-19-08, 02:47 PM
SC904
Driver

Guys why don't we stay in track. Simply say you like it or not with a reason. It's not a good idea to include other makes such as honda etc. Many others might drive a lexus and another car. And if you like the HD front lip, say something, if not say something too but keep it within the lip itself, not springs or whatever it might be. I think the lip is nice. Cheap man. Can't go wrong. hehe.

Quick Reply: home depot lip?