Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry i meant civics especially hatchbacks
Old 06-19-08, 05:50 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC904
Guys why don't we stay in track. Simply say you like it or not with a reason. It's not a good idea to include other makes such as honda etc. Many others might drive a lexus and another car. And if you like the HD front lip, say something, if not say something too but keep it within the lip itself, not springs or whatever it might be. I think the lip is nice. Cheap man. Can't go wrong. hehe.
Yes, LETS stay on the same topic here. I know everyone has their own opinion about everything but if you're going to flame then please keep it to your self.
Old 06-19-08, 06:18 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by tonyc9928
Alot of people think you have to pay way too much for something or it's no good. no matter how good or bad it looks.
I say. Let them waste their money. Making something myself gives me great pleasure.
Any idiot can shell out too much money for a part. It takes a REAL craftsman to make something from nothing.
I would also guess that most of the bawkers have their mommy pay for their parts anyway.

Anyway.. I like it. if it's done with precision.
Haha... Tony has the word debate written all over his statement.

Originally Posted by sc3lovely
Here yah go day shot
It's held by double sided tape and some aluminum plates so it
wont come off at a high speed
Old School Work Equip
You just had to drive a black color SC, did you? And just happen to be the generous one here willing to show your art work. Why can't we have a generous person here driving a white or silver SC, and showing us this exact lip, lol.... It would be so much easier for us to see exactly what it looks like. Thank you though...

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-19-08 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-19-08, 06:38 PM
JJsc3
Driver

By the way, I just stopped by home depot today to look at the EDGING's(HD). You know what? I'm not sure if I really want to do this mod anymore. The black edging is pretty flexible, and I don't know if it's going to hold against high winds. Imagine racing against somebody along a highway, and your lip flips backwards, lol..... That would be pretty embarrassing!

And imagine painting this piece of edging..., I can already predict severe paint cracks and chips very soon, and even in addition to using a lot of flex coat. I think I'll pass..

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-19-08 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-19-08, 08:15 PM
SC904
Driver

Originally Posted by JJsc3
By the way, I just stopped by home depot today to look at the EDGING's(HD). You know what? I'm not sure if I really want to do this mod anymore. The black edging is pretty flexible, and I don't know if it's going to hold against high winds. Imagine racing against somebody along a highway, and your lip flips backwards, lol..... That would be pretty embarrassing!

And imagine painting this piece of edging..., I can already predict severe paint cracks and chips very soon, and even in addition to using a lot of flex coat. I think I'll pass..

The lip is soft but you can easily support it in the back. My friend has it and he was doing 80+ and still looking good without support, not blending or flopping. But we do think that it will with more speed and wing. But like i said, support it with clothes metal hanger will be more than enough.

By the way, those lip are not meant to be painted. You should really just apply something glossy. The purpose of having a softer front lip is to look good and at the same time protect your bumper while the lip can sustain mild scratches from contact of the road. Easy fix, if anything. We were thinking about black magic tire shine or something like nail polish.

But if you don't like it then it's all good. No biggie. Just leave it to the ones that like it.
Old 06-19-08, 08:21 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

guys really lets cut the **** with the home depot lip coming from the kid that did
icut springs WE DRIVE LEXUS NOT HONDAS so lets stop doing honda mods
Originally Posted by sc3lovely
FOOL!
I drive A honda s2k
What are you trying to imply here?
having aesthetic and creativity to cutting springs is just plain stupidity.
Just so u know I have a honda s2k on a Tein coils-

AMEN BROTHA!

i drive Honda prelude!

i love my MPG w00t

the HD lip isnt that bad at all! :] especially the one on the black sc...hmm

i MIGHT be sporting it on my greddy lip
Old 06-19-08, 10:59 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

I went to home depot and bought the edging and double sided tape and made my lip. I'm not gonna lie, that thing looks tight. I should have done this sooner. Ill post pics tomorrow. ppl should really not say things until they try them out.
Old 06-20-08, 05:23 AM
AztecSN95
Pole Position

This was actually the first thing I did to my car when I got it unloaded when I bought it. The front bumper was trashed, and so it looked "driveable" I mocked up the garden divider lip. At the time, including box cutters and 2 rolls of double sided tape, as well as an aluminum backing to give it rigidity while driving I spent $23.

It was a VERY cheap temporary fix while I'm rebuilding the car and waiting on parts to come in. Besides, I don't give a crap what it looks like now, as its going in for kit and paint at the end of summer.
Old 06-20-08, 07:44 AM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

For you guys' information, there were more people asking me what brand the lip is than telling me that lip is ugly. Better yet, no one told me it was ugly in person. I'm an M. engineering that likes to fabricate my own things to better perform what's in the market. And just so you know, my SC is my track car, I have couple other cars/bike for DD. So, dont' hate it because you envy it, just get it if you want it.

Old 06-20-08, 07:50 AM
gunluvS14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RedSC
As a fan of custom sh it and making your own parts, i say do the HD lip if u like, not to rag on the big companies but my friend has an s14 and he has gone through three greddy lips already. That's $250 at Raceonusa, multiply it times 3 and u got a loss.
hehe, are you talking about me?
I went thru the 3rd one and I said Fk it, I'm not going to spend over $200 plus paint anymore. Those freaking cats kept jumping out in front of me and bomb my GReddy Gracer lip. Its a pussssssy magnet alright, wrong kind of *****!!!

This is how my car looks LONG time ago,

This is one of the causality

So ever since I spent..........$5? on the garden trim lip, it paid for itself already. I hit an armadillo, that chit bounced right off.

Now the car is full time track car, kicking *** in Solo2, it clips cone every now and then and I don't have to worry about the front anymore.

here is a tiny sideway action out of the slalom. Just to brag, I'm the quickest guy in touring class in my region
Old 06-20-08, 07:52 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by shammyhp23
guys really lets cut the **** with the home depot lip coming from the kid that did
icut springs WE DRIVE LEXUS NOT HONDAS so lets stop doing honda mods
You need to get off that high horse you're riding or fall and break a leg all I care.......

Originally Posted by 2JZSoarer
For you guys' information, there were more people asking me what brand the lip is than telling me that lip is ugly. Better yet, no one told me it was ugly in person. I'm an M. engineering that likes to fabricate my own things to better perform what's in the market. And just so you know, my SC is my track car, I have couple other cars/bike for DD. So, dont' hate it because you envy it, just get it if you want it.
Hey bud just do you pay no attention to some people here, if you told them Greddy or someone else made the lip they will be all over it but because you got a little creative and did it yourself using home depot supplies they knock it. CL cookie cutter frame of mind FTL.........
Old 06-20-08, 10:10 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gunluvS14

This is one of the causality

-

damn that cat ******ed that thing up..
Old 06-20-08, 11:08 AM
sc3lovely
Driver

I wanted a prelude b4
Until now!

gunluvS14=nice S14

Originally Posted by fwynn
AMEN BROTHA!

i drive Honda prelude!

i love my MPG w00t

the HD lip isnt that bad at all! :] especially the one on the black sc...hmm

i MIGHT be sporting it on my greddy lip
Old 06-20-08, 11:25 AM
RedSC
Pole Position

heres my lip.

Old 06-20-08, 11:36 AM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by SC904
By the way, those lip are not meant to be painted. You should really just apply something glossy. The purpose of having a softer front lip is to look good and at the same time protect your bumper while the lip can sustain mild scratches from contact of the road. Easy fix, if anything. We were thinking about black magic tire shine or something like nail polish.

But if you don't like it then it's all good. No biggie. Just leave it to the ones that like it.

Yeah... For a lip that size I'll have to paint it definitely. If it's like the size of a ls400 front lip, maybe you'll be able to get away with it being black.

Originally Posted by RedSC
heres my lip.
Does anybody have a HD lip on their sc bumpers other than black color?

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-20-08 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: home depot lip?