SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC is a luxury Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 02:38 PM
Jay-Spec
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC is a luxury Supra?

After doing loads of research on the SC I have found that the Supra has a lot of direct swapable parts to the SC platform. I wonder if the designers in Japan purposely made the SC the luxury version of the Supra. What do you guys think?
Old 06-15-08, 03:04 PM
sicksupra1
Pole Position

No way, are you serious?
Old 06-15-08, 03:08 PM
Jay-Spec
Driver

Originally Posted by sicksupra1
No way, are you serious?
why you say that, I' am saying the SC is a supra but maybe the designers had the SC in mind in designing the supra.
Old 06-15-08, 03:19 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

They're not brother and sister, like the 350Z/G35 were. More like cousins. Share some genes, share some motors, but different cars.
Old 06-15-08, 03:21 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No.... The supra is a supra and the SC#00 is a SC#00. Do a search it will teach you a lot.
Old 06-15-08, 03:24 PM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

sc= supra coupe

jk
Old 06-15-08, 03:30 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

.....The Soarer is Japan's, Australia's, Canada's and many other countries version of the SC. Those two are almost the same, some minor differences in technology built in, but overall the same. The SC is NOT a Luxury Supra.
Old 06-15-08, 03:36 PM
Jay-Spec
Driver

Originally Posted by TLDriver
No.... The supra is a supra and the SC#00 is a SC#00. Do a search it will teach you a lot.
As I stated in my first post I did loads of research, say what you want to say The JZA80 and the JZZ30 share a lot of common designs, doh I know they are not the same car or platform for that matter but the truth is supra parts are swappable to soarer/sc300s. Most cars that I know of have different platform don't have as many common swappable with out custom work. Witch leads me to believe when designing the supra the sc300 was in mind or vise versa. Like what Panyo64 said they are more like cousins.
Old 06-15-08, 03:47 PM
Nick Lewis
Driver

Originally Posted by Jay-Spec
As I stated in my first post I did loads of research, say what you want to say The JZA80 and the JZZ30 share a lot of common designs, doh I know they are not the same car or platform for that matter but the truth is supra parts are swappable to soarer/sc300s. Most cars that I know of have different platform don't have as many common swappable with out custom work. Witch leads me to believe when designing the supra the sc300 was in mind or vise versa. Like what Panyo64 said they are more like cousins.
The whole point of interchangeable parts is for production and less production expense. Instead of having specific parts for a individual model/vehicle, it's better for them to have parts that can be used across several models.
Old 06-15-08, 03:52 PM
Jay-Spec
Driver

Originally Posted by Nick Lewis
The whole point of interchangeable parts is for production and less production expense. Instead of having specific parts for a individual model/vehicle, it's better for them to have parts that can be used across several models.
Yea I know, just forget it u guys are taking this to serious. I was not saying it was a luxury supra, just maybe in some other prospective it was like a luxury supra. So I apologize I must of worded what i was thinking wrong.
Old 06-15-08, 04:25 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MODS where you at?
Old 06-15-08, 04:30 PM
Erukian
Driver School Candidate

I'd say that a supra is a high performance sports car, whereas the sc is a luxury coupe.

That being said, the cars are closer than cousins, being able to swap motors, trannys, seats, suspension, sway bars, brakes, wheels, etc. That's practically everything but the shell.

That means you can turn a SC into a sleeper supra if you really wanted to put the money into it.
So yes, a sc can be a supra, it won't look or even feel like a supra, but it can race and handle like one (or better if you know what you're doing). The cost in the end to get there will be as much as buying a MK4 supra tho. just saying.

-Joe
Old 06-15-08, 04:36 PM
Billy305
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I know what you are trying to say and in a sense you are right.... I had a 95 NA Supra a few years ago and now I drive a 97 sc300. While obviously they are different cars/brands they do have very similar things on them. When I drive my SC of course it feels really close to how my supra did.... same motor, similar suspension setup ect. almost identical. But my lexus has pretty much everything power or automatic while the supra had manuals seats/was louder ect. So in the sense that you are talking, I do believe that the sc is a luxury "supra" even though its obviously a different car. But that being said you could also just say the supra is just a faster, less comfortable sc...
Old 06-15-08, 04:44 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys need to cut this guy a break rather then slandering him. This kind of ish keeps me out of CL.
Old 06-15-08, 05:08 PM
Jay-Spec
Driver

Originally Posted by Billy305;
I know what you are trying to say and in a sense you are right.... I had a 95 NA Supra a few years ago and now I drive a 97 sc300. While obviously they are different cars/brands they do have very similar things on them. When I drive my SC of course it feels really close to how my supra did.... same motor, similar suspension setup ect. almost identical. But my lexus has pretty much everything power or automatic while the supra had manuals seats/was louder ect. So in the sense that you are talking, I do believe that the sc is a luxury "supra" even though its obviously a different car. But that being said you could also just say the supra is just a faster, less comfortable sc...
OMG thank you, my point exactly

Quick Reply: SC is a luxury Supra?