SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Drift Accident Need HELP Removing The Quarter Panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-08, 09:06 PM
synstudios
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoney1698
you think i could cut and bond it together .... or how much do you think a uni body would cost me...
a Unibody is otherwise know as the SHELL, frame, (whole car)

If you're asking how much it'll cost to get a new unibody, i'd say you should put down any tools you're currently holding, and slowly step away from the car.. This is not a beginner's project.

There is very likely damage that extends beyond the sheet metal...

You CAN cut it off, and replace it, but it's neither cheap, nor easy.. you can try pulling it out, but this requires tools, and know-how to make it look right.

I agree with the other posts.. this is the reason drifting is best done in parking lots, or industrial parks...

Last edited by synstudios; 06-20-08 at 09:13 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-20-08, 10:29 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

pictures of the damage would be nice to judge how bad it really is.
Old 06-20-08, 10:57 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Drifting is SO cool!
Old 06-20-08, 11:24 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol it's all the kids fault isnt it? just HAD to come out the back road right? I mean you're minding your own business drifting in a public road..

Seriously, learn your lesson, dont be an idiot, you could have killed someone easily without even knowing it.

As for your car, if the damage is really bad, its pretty much done, you'll need LOTS of bodywork. Look on the bright side tho, you didnt kill someone, and you have a body damage you can tell your friends that came from hardcore drifting. (battle damage)
Old 06-20-08, 11:33 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do feel bad for you tho being you just put so much money into the car such as paint and stuff, but you really shouldnt be drifting it in a public area when you dont know how. Plus it's an automatic, i can already see you have the steering wheel full tilt and steeping on the gas trying to let it spin... thats really not how you drift at all... thats called power over and even then i bet you're doing it wrong..

I hope you fix it, i like how you bought the car wrecked and decided to bring it back, im sure you will, and when you do, dont be stupid again.
Old 06-21-08, 03:16 AM
status....
Lead Lap

if you have no idea what your doing i dont suggest trying it and just take it to a shop.

or just live with it as a lesson to remind you everytime you see your car about what you did and if you smash that side again you dont gotta worry
Old 06-21-08, 05:09 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

AS others have said here,, you are lucky that you didnt kill someone with an act of stupidity. Please learn from this and be more responsible.

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
You sir are an idiot... dont ever practice drifting on populated roads... My best friends younger brother was hit and killed by a street racer Punk *** kid that thought he was cool and was "drifting"

I have absolutely no sympathy for you

i do body work for a living.. and your pretty much screwed, if your frame is bent or depending on how bad the damage is the repair cost would out weigh your cars worth... dont try and fix it yourself because 1 it will look like ***, 2 its not safe, your car might be bent and would be structurally unsound.

Hopefully you learned your lesson you idiot..
JDM,,LOL!!!! I absolutely agree with your statements. I was reading what you said and then looked at your sig. Hates people who drift and yet your sig advertises it. Too funny!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 06-21-08, 06:15 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
AS others have said here,, you are lucky that you didnt kill someone with an act of stupidity. Please learn from this and be more responsible.

JDM,,LOL!!!! I absolutely agree with your statements. I was reading what you said and then looked at your sig. Hates people who drift and yet your sig advertises it. Too funny!!! LOL!!!!!
He said he hates people who drift in public areas where people are endangered. His sig was taken on a closed course . If I remember correctly it was a track his friend built on his ranch and there is video of it on here somewhere.
Old 06-21-08, 06:18 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
I don't think JDMmuscle hates ppl who drift. He hates STUPID ppl who drift on PUBLIC ROADS.....big difference.

For some1 who calls his SC his "baby", the OP treats his car like crap....and now it is crap.
Old 06-21-08, 08:53 AM
Classified
Driver

I just feel so bad for the other kid. He's got a problem to deal with because of negligence. Tsk... tsk...
Old 06-21-08, 10:54 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it should buff right out
Old 06-21-08, 10:57 AM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Good Grief.. Did he just ask how to change the quarter panel???
Old 06-21-08, 11:15 AM
synstudios
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HoeBag
it should buff right out
LOL!

If it wasn't for the fact that inexperienced drivers (street racers, drifters, etc) have caused the increased police ****-ism towards those with a modified car, as well as the negative publicity towards drifting; I would feel bad for him, but as was stated earlier, he got off really lucky.. what if the person had been on a motorcycle? getting swatted by 3600 lbs of lexus?

It only takes one mistake (lack of judgement, screwup etc) to ruin the sport for a lot of people.

After several rich kid/fast car incidents back in canada, they imposed a huge crackdown on modified vehicles. The results: a 10 year license suspension, $10,000 fine, vehicle impoundment, and jail time.

Why did they do that? Simple, people were dying.

Although it sucks that you wrecked your car, just be happy nobody got hurt, i can live wth a busted car, but i don't know iif i could live knowing i killed/maimed/paralyzed an innocent person.
Old 06-21-08, 02:44 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where in NY are you located and what hours do you normally drive? I don't wanna be around when you "drift"
Old 06-21-08, 02:56 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by synstudios
You CAN cut it off, and replace it, but it's neither cheap, nor easy.. you can try pulling it out, but this requires tools, and know-how to make it look right.
Judging by the kind of accident he had, pulling the quarter panel back into place would take a miracle and then some for someone with no body repair experience. I remember when i hit my quarter panel a while back (no i wanst drifting, i was SLIDING to avoid a deer) every shop except one said that the panel could not be salvaged. The one body shop that said it could pull the fend said it would require quite a lot of effort and even then it wouldn't be perfect.

Quick Reply: Drift Accident Need HELP Removing The Quarter Panel