SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Weds Kranze Borphes or Work Rezax II

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 04:50 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote Kranze Borphes. I've already seen a couple red SCs in person with the same Rezax. What size options are you looking to get? Perhaps something with a low offset and super low disk and wide widths in the rear? Im just kidding. I just saw the part about not wanting to lose the contact patch. They both look great but I would vote Weds!
Old 06-25-08, 06:23 PM
trbo1stgen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say keep what you got.
Old 06-25-08, 06:45 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Rezaxx II !!!! they're one of Work's exclusive line. not too many people sporting forged JDM wheels now a day, mostly cast.
Old 06-25-08, 07:03 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell those Work Rezax to someone far away!!!

LOL

Rezax all the way!
Old 06-25-08, 07:08 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick with the Rezax IMHO Jerry. Just need to lowered your car a bit more and should have a good stance.
Old 06-25-08, 07:40 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. What you have now is fine
Old 06-25-08, 08:39 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

i actually dont like those weds too much, i dont know why im not really feeling the spoke design, love the dish but not whats in it.
Old 06-26-08, 12:07 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Stay with the Rezax.
Old 06-26-08, 12:21 AM
status....
Lead Lap

i say go with the weds, i love the way those wheels look
Old 06-26-08, 01:09 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

go with the weds
Old 06-26-08, 01:20 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

I think the chrome looks sick with your color..dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-08, 01:21 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

spend the $$ on some music bro!
Old 06-26-08, 01:57 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

First off, thank you everyone for their quick and honest response.

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
I have a similar style to the Weds with the silver face and polished lip so I am partial to that. But the setup you have now is unique and I think it looks quite nice as is. If the wheels are still in good shape and not causing you problems other then the maintenance, I'd just keep em and take care of the other issues that really need fixing. I'd go nuts driving around without a radio.
Plus with the wheels, it's such a subtle difference, I don't know if it would be worth the time and money spent swapping them out unless you're just trading your wheels in. But even then, that's money spent on something that probably won't even change the appearance of the car enough to justify the money you shell out.

.02 thrown in.
Thanks, It is in really good shape for how old it is

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
I have a similar style to the Weds with the silver face and polished lip so I am partial to that. But the setup you have now is unique and I think it looks quite nice as is. If the wheels are still in good shape and not causing you problems other then the maintenance, I'd just keep em and take care of the other issues that really need fixing. I'd go nuts driving around without a radio.
Plus with the wheels, it's such a subtle difference, I don't know if it would be worth the time and money spent swapping them out unless you're just trading your wheels in. But even then, that's money spent on something that probably won't even change the appearance of the car enough to justify the money you shell out.

.02 thrown in.
Yes, I have been thinking of spacers but some further lowering and fender modifications afterwards would be needed.

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
i would definitely say keep what you have and use your money for other cool parts for the SC. put the money towards the "total package" SC instead of all your money to just another SC with some really nice rims.
Yes, Im just working on cheap affordable mods that are under $1k for now. I would love to get a 97+ kit or even AC kit and they respray it in the same color. Also, going forced induction would be the eventual post-college plan as well. In my opinion, those two goals would take care both of my biggest weakest links on the car - being underpowered and looking incomplete without a kit.

Originally Posted by reamemiya
I have the solution!!

Weds on one side and Works on the other. People will think you're pimp... Part of me is serious.
If both sets are the same size and both chrome, Im sure most non-observant people would not even notice the difference lol

Originally Posted by -MILTDOG-
What sizes?
The Weds that I found are:

* FRONT WHEEL : 19 x 9.0J (+35) 114.3 5H
* FRONT TIRE : 235/35R19
* REAR WHEEL : 19 x 9.5 J (+40) 114.3 5H
* REAR TIRE : 245/35R19

My current set up is 19x8.5 & 9.5. Offsets in the 40s. 245/35R19 and 275/30R19.

So, the sizes on the Weds would suit my needs perfectly. I wont have to run like a skinny 245 for the rears

Originally Posted by JamesN
Stick with the Rezax IMHO Jerry. Just need to lowered your car a bit more and should have a good stance.

Like what Miltdog suggested, I should probably get a camber kit, roll or cut the fenders, get some thin spacers, then crank down a little bit more. I'll have to atleast cut the fenders and get the camber kit as well for the Weds.

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
I think the chrome looks sick with your color..dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, chrome does make it flow well when the pearl paint glows in the sun at the right angle.

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
spend the $$ on some music bro!
When I am by myself or with the guys, we don't mind listening to the exhaust. Heck, they probably dislike my music and rather have it off. Music is going to be a necessity real soon when I am going to take a female out. Just imagine the awkward silence in the car LOL

Originally Posted by GSing430
Rezaxx II !!!! they're one of Work's exclusive line. not too many people sporting forged JDM wheels now a day, mostly cast.
Aren't most high-end multi-piece wheels from Japan forged? I think what makes the Rezax unique is that, to my knowledge, the entire wheel is forged. Call me a label ***** or what not but what I like most about my current wheels is that it goes well with the theme of the car and it is a native JDM wheel from the 1990s - the same era that our cars came from. For example, As good as HREs or Iforged or DPE look, I would put them on a European car but not mine.

Last edited by xknowonex; 06-26-08 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-26-08, 08:14 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Aren't most high-end multi-piece wheels from Japan forged? I think what makes the Rezax unique is that, to my knowledge, the entire wheel is forged. Call me a label ***** or what not but what I like most about my current wheels is that it goes well with the theme of the car and it is a native JDM wheel from the 1990s - the same era that our cars came from. For example, As good as HREs or Iforged or DPE look, I would put them on a European car but not mine.
Actually, most are 2pc cast. You can get a set for ~$2500 now a days. from Work, Kranze, SSR, etc. it's not until you go 20" then some has optional 3pc forged. So, 3pc forged are available but people are sporting the 2pc cast due to cost. and most 3pc forged are in the $1000/rim.
Old 06-27-08, 12:16 AM
drifter x
Pole Position

keep what you got