SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My first SC. The intro, FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08 | 02:42 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

So an update.

Mechanically she is as sound as she will ever be. New timing belt, new serpentine belt, tranny filter and synthetic change, 1 flush and 1 clean oil change, 2 coils, new wires, coolant flush and change, new plugs. She starts right up every single time and is damn near whisper quiet....i'm very pleased.

Within the next couple weeks, interior leather will be replaced, new tires and paint job and eventually new speakers and a indash navigation stereo.

What do you guys think so far? she was in WAY better shape than i even expected, she was just sitting for a long time. I'm going to keep her stock as my daily and sometime the end of this year pick up a 300 to do my swap once this SC proves itself. To say the least im hooked
Old 07-03-08 | 03:07 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

$1000...Nice find! That color combo can work as long at the bronze wheels are the right color and have a offset! Is the car running? If so what was wrong with it for them to have it sitting for years?
Old 07-03-08 | 03:37 PM
ponytail 4
Driver

Looks like you did really good for $1000! Is the paint that bad that you want to change it? Good looking color when really detailed.
Old 07-03-08 | 03:41 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Both the guy that i bought it from and the older couple they got it from swore the car was dead. It needed a damn fuel pump! so far i have about 3-400$ and HOURS of wrench time into the car and man! its so smoothe....i drove it for an hour today.. i did all the work myself including the AC. i only wish i knew how to paint cars, save myself money on that too. i really like the green but it has to be paired with the right rims. I fell in love with the grey anthracite from the later model supra....i'm leaning towards that. im going to call dent wizard sometime next week to come out and spend some time working on the door dings.....it aint gonna be cheap! and after that off she goes to the paint shop.

How easy are the headlights to pull off and clean? as you can see from the pics the right one is disgusting. or should i buy new ones..? again open for some insight, im having a blast bringing this thing back to life.

i'm intent to have her done by the end of the summer.
Old 07-03-08 | 03:42 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ponytail 4
Looks like you did really good for $1000! Is the paint that bad that you want to change it? Good looking color when really detailed.
just never been a big fan of green, thats all.
Old 07-03-08 | 04:18 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Good luck on your new project.
Old 07-03-08 | 04:31 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

it BEGINS! haha well first off congrats on your new pick up. second, i wish you the best of luck. third i hope you find your answers here on CL, and finally fourth, welcome to sc club at clublexus!
Old 07-03-08 | 06:34 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

thanks man! i appreciate it...i'm really inlove with the SC and after i get the sc4 going, by december im going to pickup a sc3 to do a full supra swap on. So far im very please, the 1uzfe is a hell of a motor....by no means fast but good torque and its runs quiet and really smooth and i hope it stays that way. It had me in awe when it cranked on the first key turn after the pump install.....japanese engineering at its best. She will be painted no later than the end of august and i've settled on the supra grey with some grey Tenzo type M wheels.

Couple dumb questions?

1. how the hell does the factory phone work...i kno analog is outdated

2. how the flip do do you turn the fog lights on

3. how do you remove the headlights.....i want to clean them this weekend

Will keep you guys updated with the progress over the next couple months as she comes along and thanks for the initial support....Another SC rescued and restored.
Old 07-03-08 | 09:24 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

the "fog lights" are actually cornering lights. Turn your left blinker on, the left cornering light comes on..same as with the right. There is a way to wire them up to come on with your headlights. run a search on cornering lights to fog lights and you will have the info...not sure on the phone, mine doesnt have one. The headlights, also run a quick search and you'll have a pretty detailed explination! Good luck
Old 07-03-08 | 09:29 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

here you go man... to remove...go here http://web.ace.net.au/soarer/removal1.html

to clean , https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...dlight+removal
Old 07-04-08 | 11:05 AM
954soarer
Driver School Candidate

nice sp3 i live in broward too and one of my homies got a speed3 too probably see you around haha
Old 07-07-08 | 05:18 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

got the lights all cleaned up over the weekend, will post pics later if it doesnt rain. calling dent doctor do handle door dings and off to the paint shop :-) WOOOT!

moving right along.
Old 07-07-08 | 06:32 PM
icec0ld
Pole Position

Congrats and welcome to CL! Can't go wrong with $1k
Looks like you're on the right track. Keep us posted with pics....people here loooove pics!
Good luck with your plans!
Old 07-07-08 | 10:33 PM
drifter x
Pole Position

nice sc..gold on green sounds good.... where do you live in FL?
Old 07-08-08 | 12:51 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

wow.... that is very nice.... great find..

Quick Reply: My first SC. The intro, FINALLY!