SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

OK guys Yay or NAY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-08, 10:03 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say NAY. You'll never get a refund for your time/frustration. You can also go by in person character in addition. I say unless you have extra money and more so time, I'd skip this one. It wouldn't be a bad deal if you had time to burn and it was a "project" car that you could throw money at when you WANT to; but not when you want reliable transportation.
Old 06-29-08, 12:35 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a 97 front bumper and your problem of bad bodykit is gone, it will look clean when you have a 97 front bumper. i still go for yay if it has clean title.
Old 06-29-08, 09:43 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I think you should but it. Yeah it's a project, but that's the fun part about working on cars. And by the way if you really need help working on it here's a little info for you. The kid with the NA-T auto is friends with my boy Sean who is friends with my boy Backer who is like family. Anyway Becker is a mechanic and live next to a guy with a swapped SC. So really you have no reason why you shouldn't buy it. Lots of good resources around you.
Old 06-29-08, 08:51 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

No... don't.. What part of MD are you in? I think we could put together a car for a little less.. tell him you got $2500.... then its a good deal.
Old 06-29-08, 08:56 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you get it.. switch the front bumper
Old 06-30-08, 02:38 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Personally I think you should but it. Yeah it's a project, but that's the fun part about working on cars. And by the way if you really need help working on it here's a little info for you. The kid with the NA-T auto is friends with my boy Sean who is friends with my boy Backer who is like family. Anyway Becker is a mechanic and live next to a guy with a swapped SC. So really you have no reason why you shouldn't buy it. Lots of good resources around you.
DUDE! those are my buddies. Sean P, Danny and Becker who works at Acura. What your name? Ive met that guy once a very long time ago when he 1st bought a soarer front clip like last year i believe?

2ND i will do a 97+ front end conversion

3RD i live in Hyattsvile, MD near the UMD campus (College Park)

Last edited by _XpLiCiT_; 06-30-08 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-30-08, 04:45 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by _XpLiCiT_
DUDE! those are my buddies. Sean P, Danny and Becker who works at Acura. What your name? Ive met that guy once a very long time ago when he 1st bought a soarer front clip like last year i believe?

2ND i will do a 97+ front end conversion

3RD i live in Hyattsvile, MD near the UMD campus (College Park)
My name is Tommy. I used to live in Germatown and had a Platinum SC3. I've known Becker for years and the same with Purcell. Don't let you living in Hyattsville stop you. If I didn't move to West Palm Beach to open my own perfomance shop. I'd be more than happy to help you out. Matter of fact, if you need anything feel free to drop me a line.
Old 06-30-08, 05:19 PM
J:M
Pole Position

You said it'll be your daily driver. Will you be able to afford the repairs needed to make it a daily driver? It'll make sense if you buy it as a project car, but if you will have to rely on it, it just sounds like a lot of trouble. You may not be able to make it to work/school on a Monday if you're still repairing that mystery sound from Friday.
Old 06-30-08, 05:46 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I'd like to see some of those time slips. You can look up ClubLexus's Fastest SCs in the Performance section and look up the second fastest NA SC. Yeah that was me. Haha buy yeah. The car looks ok. But if you are looking into building something you can appreciate because you know you did it yourself, I would just save up for the 97. You wont have to spend extra on any fiberglass kits because youve already got a clean 97. Most likely the interior will be in much better condition because it is newer. Also did you have a solid hub clutch installed in that transmission?
Old 07-01-08, 02:32 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Thanx a lot Touge really appreciate that bro.

Yes this will be my Daily Driver

I dont know if The seller installed a solid hub clutch (its not my car its the one i am considering.
Old 07-01-08, 02:52 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I say Nay to this one, mainly because I never buy modded cars, but that's just me.
Old 07-01-08, 03:51 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Well, its not any major mods, and I'm going a completely different route with it. I'm going with elegance and a 2JZ-GTTE to match the exterior beauty =)
Old 07-02-08, 05:24 AM
mischief7
Rookie

Why does it have Jersey plates on it? Is that where the car is?
Old 07-02-08, 07:23 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd
All signs point to run away. Cheap bodykit, cheap wheels, cheap ICE install, and questionable (probably cheap again) clutch install. If it's such a simple fix why hasn't he gone back? And he has the audacity to say no expense was spared. Right.
He nailed it with this post

Jonny
Old 07-02-08, 01:42 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Fine guys, i guess i wont buy it =( i want an SC!!!! Theres a guy in NY who wants 5,200 for an sc with 181k and a fresh body kit and rims. But i told him thats waaay too much for a 93 with 181k. i told him ill give him 4200.

Quick Reply: OK guys Yay or NAY?