SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Orange TT SC400 @ HIN, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 08:32 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats not a 1uzfe ....

and this looks like the same one that was built from ground up with a shell from the junkyard

edit: it was .. tundra motor... ooo
Old 07-16-08, 09:18 AM
poser714
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its actually tundra 4.7 tt not a 5.7 with a v160 tranny.. i actually work at the shop that put the setup together (doing all the fab work, motor and dash). again i agree with most of you on here not feeling the wheel fitment or the paint but like some of you have mentioned it is a sponsored car so he has to use what he gets. there are a few bugs to work out but then again, we had to put the car together in less than 2-3 months. but over all its a fun car to drive. if you have any questions about the car you can pm me or if any of you are in the tristate area you can come swing by the shop and see what it is we actually do. check out our site, www.lm24.net
Old 07-16-08, 11:05 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Badass car!!!
Old 07-16-08, 11:15 AM
Brennan401
Driver

Originally Posted by poser714
its actually tundra 4.7 tt not a 5.7 with a v160 tranny.. i actually work at the shop that put the setup together (doing all the fab work, motor and dash). again i agree with most of you on here not feeling the wheel fitment or the paint but like some of you have mentioned it is a sponsored car so he has to use what he gets. there are a few bugs to work out but then again, we had to put the car together in less than 2-3 months. but over all its a fun car to drive. if you have any questions about the car you can pm me or if any of you are in the tristate area you can come swing by the shop and see what it is we actually do. check out our site, www.lm24.net
The car come out great with what you had to work with. I would love to see what it can do on the open road. You should send it out here to OPEN ROAD RACING in Nevada and let it all hang out.
Old 07-16-08, 03:54 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

I dont like the rims at all. the rims look like they go on a civic.

The camo orange is ugly, the regular orange looks way better.
Old 07-16-08, 07:27 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

blue was better i think... but thast a crazy set-up. and side exhaust??? MUST sounds mean, atleast its not "another" haha
Old 07-16-08, 07:55 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Engine setup is sweet but **** that car is just hideous. It needs a full repaint, black interior, agressive wheels and slammed.
Old 07-17-08, 03:40 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

i dont care what anybody says that car is insane!!! lol i dont even care if its pink YELLOW or PURPLE!! id still rock that car!!!
Old 07-17-08, 06:30 AM
SATXSC400
Pole Position

The wheels are not cheap wheels for a Civic. Those Volks would look great on a stock body SC. Gotta get a set of those!
Old 07-17-08, 07:04 AM
yokojzz30
Rookie

where did you see volks?
**i stand corrected... fitment still sucks though... you're right would probly be awesome on a stock bodied SC

Last edited by yokojzz30; 07-17-08 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-17-08, 07:25 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not feelin it...
Old 07-17-08, 08:04 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My sides are splitting with laughter on all of you that are hating the paint, wheels, etc. The custom fabrication is insane, give respect where it's do. He wanted something different and build it accordingly. 3/4 of you that are dissing probably don't even know what a V-mount setup is, so qq more and stop acting like you could build something half this unique.

On something different and what looks to be a well built track car. We need more people with your style on this forum to get the main theme away from the same old looks and more towards functionality IMHO.
Old 07-17-08, 08:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
My sides are splitting with laughter on all of you that are hating the paint, wheels, etc. The custom fabrication is insane, give respect where it's do. He wanted something different and build it accordingly. 3/4 of you that are dissing probably don't even know what a V-mount setup is, so qq more and stop acting like you could build something half this unique.

On something different and what looks to be a well built track car. We need more people with your style on this forum to get the main theme away from the same old looks and more towards functionality IMHO.
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else and believe me I'm not with the cl cookie cutter crowd. I did see this car in person the quality of the body work was poor, looked wavy and rough in some areas like it was put together in a hurry. Those are nice Volks but they need to be wider and better fitment. The Volks are setup for a stock body SC. I'm very impressed by the motor setup and build and would love to see it on a dyno or at the track.

Last edited by plex; 07-17-08 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-17-08, 08:19 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Beautiful engine setup, it looks as if the front wheel tubs were modified, was it for the suspension setup or just for better fitment of the twin turbos?

We need a sound clip of this ****...
Old 07-17-08, 08:57 AM
poser714
Pole Position

the tubs where there when the car was first put together but it was mainly done so the fronts wouldnt hit. i tour with the car around the counrty for most of the nightshifts and hot import nights so if any of you go to these events or would like to ask me questions i'll be at the shows, my name is Jay btw. i'll be in orlando this weekend so i'll try to get a sound clip for you guys. theres a video of this car in north carolina getting sideways for a shoot but i dont know where it is, but i have seen it.

Quick Reply: Orange TT SC400 @ HIN, NC