SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

possibly the worst day of pearls and my life

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 03:58 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry to see this. Nice, clean car. Write your statement down before you submit it to the insurance companies. If he ran a red light, I think they'll rule it was his fault. It looks like it could be rule a rear-end collision as well. Not sure about WA, but in CA, that would make it his fault automatically.
Old 07-16-08, 04:30 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i asked the cops about the cameras at the intersection "dont the cameras work cant you check to see that he did run the light" " hey man i know just as much as you do. i would think that they work?" and i can travel only 300 feet in the carpool lane because its considered a turn lane within city limits i didnt wana argue with the cops insurance guy came today said it would cost 6109.95 and take 12 days repair. i do have the option to total it and take the 6109.95 or i can get it fixed and pay my deductible of 500 but they didnt put anything for the trunk idk if you guys can tell from the pics but it is also damaged it wont even close plus my NEW amp i just bought and my cd player i think do not work... i really dont want the car if its going to be salvaged titled i really love her to death but im a big fan of keeping things clean and such and i just couldnt drive a car knowing it had a salvage title... my cousin just told me that they are going to cut and weld can i tell the insurance i want a whole new unibody? or will it be clean enough where you dont notice? my dad said its going to keep the clean title as long as we get it repaired.

oh yea and redSC

put it on the day before the accident i never got time to post pics i still need to take off the left over from the first time i tried thats the black crap you see on the bumper. ive been working super hard and trying to get a lot of hours to save up for my tsx projectors i just bought off dasbach... and i was also saving for a good set of rims

Last edited by O. L. T.; 07-16-08 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-16-08, 04:45 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly, thats fixable. Look at my SC300 signature link. They asked for 13K for the entire car. The said the rear end would have cost 4-5 painted properly. You have the same kind of damage as I did, just a bit deeper. I have a passanger side 97+ tail light to help you reduce the cost of the repairs, let me know. I'll ship it to you for free if you end up getting the car fixed.

Last edited by DasBach; 07-16-08 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-16-08, 05:07 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DasBach
Honestly, thats fixable. Look at my SC300 signature link. They asked for 13K for the entire car. The said the rear end would have cost 4-5 painted properly. You have the same kind of damage as I did, just a bit deeper. I have a passanger side 97+ tail light to help you reduce the cost of the repairs, let me know. I'll ship it to you for free if you end up getting the car fixed.
you have pm
Old 07-16-08, 05:44 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering why you were posting in the classifieds. Im sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the insurance does not total it. Its a real nice car. A real good body shop would be able to repair that no problem. It would just take alot of time and money. If you really love Pearl, keep her.
Old 07-16-08, 07:12 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

ouchhh i really feel yoru pain when i got my left quarter panal hit by my sister, but that was just minor... i hope the good really turns out of this one...
Old 07-16-08, 10:36 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by product.sc
ouchhh i really feel yoru pain when i got my left quarter panal hit by my sister, but that was just minor... i hope the good really turns out of this one...
did you cut and weld or get a whole unibody? the insurance said they are going to cut and weld but im really sketchy about it coming out clean
Old 07-16-08, 11:56 PM
sc3lovely
Driver

Sorry for your lost man.
Is she a total lost?
I hope you are ok, and get this resolve for yah.
Old 07-17-08, 06:17 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scshinobi
did you cut and weld or get a whole unibody? the insurance said they are going to cut and weld but im really sketchy about it coming out clean
I really dont think that your insurance company would pay for a shell which they would have to prep and to do it to your standards likely strip and match your color on, that would be extremely cost prohibitive. Since its the rear quarter your options are bondo or cut and weld. Unless your fixing a Yugo I'd suggest the later option. If its a good body shop they will make it seemless in a cut and weld. The REAL key is if the inspector caught any suspension, tranny or frame damage. This may not be known until they start "pulling it apart" aka what the body shops love..."hidden damage". If there is frame damage THEN thats when you need to make a decision with her.

Good luck!
Old 07-17-08, 06:50 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Old 07-17-08, 07:33 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it sux but its good you are okay. the car can be fixed. it doesnt look that bad at all. as far as the carpool lane rules i wouldnt have a slightest clue. chicago doesnt have any

good luck with getting it fixed.
Old 07-17-08, 10:17 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

"possible total loss" they said pay 5.6k and fix it or get 6.1k for it and call it totaled. im hoping there will be no hidden damage i was starting to take really good care of her to stooped drifting and all that stuff these car wasnt meant for
Old 07-17-08, 10:57 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scshinobi

honestly, the damage isnt a big deal.. it can be fixed and it will look oem. there is nothing wrong with cut and weld. just take it to the absolute BEST body shop you find since insurance will be footing the bill.
Old 07-17-08, 12:54 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HoeBag
honestly, the damage isnt a big deal.. it can be fixed and it will look oem. there is nothing wrong with cut and weld. just take it to the absolute BEST body shop you find since insurance will be footing the bill.
Totally agreed. The car is not that badly damaged. There is a 97+ Rear bumper with extensions in DPW on the F/S ads for 350, and I have my tail light. You can easily reduce the cost of the repairs greatly if you relax and see whats out there. As soon as you start thinking negative, the situation will get sticky.

Keep your head up and see what the insurance company will do for you.
Old 07-17-08, 02:08 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

interesting that you get double boned if its your fault. I had an accident in both a no fault state and a fault state.
when it was my fault the insurance went up, and when it wasnt my fault my insurance didnt seem to go up until i renewed it and then they hit me with extra cause they could. It never went up to the point where it was unnafordable.
I wanna say i paid an extra 50 bucks every 6 months cause of it.

A cut and weld done properly is not something to be concerned about.
i would worry more about the paintjob and the "hidden damage" to your frame (doesnt look like yours is damaged from pix).
And if you repair your car and get it inspected you should retain your clear title.

Quick Reply: possibly the worst day of pearls and my life