SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

possibly the worst day of pearls and my life

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-08, 02:33 PM
<>sonmylex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry to see this happen.. two weeks ago i had an accident.. two lanes of traffic were stopped at a light and they saw me making a left turn and made room between cars to let me go and some lady came from the shoulder at 45mph and hit me throwing my car sideways into a parkinglot.. i was throwing a fit cuz she kept saying it was my fault
Old 07-17-08, 02:40 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
interesting that you get double boned if its your fault. I had an accident in both a no fault state and a fault state.
when it was my fault the insurance went up, and when it wasnt my fault my insurance didnt seem to go up until i renewed it and then they hit me with extra cause they could. It never went up to the point where it was unnafordable.
I wanna say i paid an extra 50 bucks every 6 months cause of it.

A cut and weld done properly is not something to be concerned about.
i would worry more about the paintjob and the "hidden damage" to your frame (doesnt look like yours is damaged from pix).
And if you repair your car and get it inspected you should retain your clear title.
No joke about that. A claim is a claim no matter what it is. Even Allstate's promise of rates won't go up because of an accident is BS...

So pretty much if you're gonna get it done by your insurance company, get them boned by sending it to a lexus dealership collision center to get it fixed or a good shop that will fix it the same way for less, plus gives you extra goodies that meets in the amount the insurance gonna give them for the repairs. I had one shop waived my deductible and gave me some cash after they repaired my car.

That repair gonna cost more than your deductible and the little raise to your six month premium will just go down after each year and will clear in 3-5 years. Just keep switching companies to make them compete...
Old 07-17-08, 02:50 PM
B1TEM3
Pole Position

I have rear right quarter panel, I ll sell for cheap and I am in Oregon, PM me if you're interested, you can pick it up too.
Old 07-17-08, 04:21 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to get my entire pass side rear quarter cut out and replaced. It cost about 3.4k from the best shop around here and looks brand new.

Before:

After:

Good luck!
Old 07-18-08, 11:19 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TroySC300
I had to get my entire pass side rear quarter cut out and replaced. It cost about 3.4k from the best shop around here and looks brand new.

Before:

After:

Good luck!
that looks really good like it never happened
Old 07-18-08, 03:47 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

lol id say that vvti badge is the last of your worries..... glad you're ok tho. shame to see such a beautiful white sc get damaged like that...
Old 07-18-08, 11:24 PM
status....
Lead Lap

sad to see this happen to such a nice car, the damage is fixable just take it to a quality shop
Old 07-19-08, 06:05 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its not that bad, i have the pass light, bumper, and quarter to fix it, but shipping the quarter will be outrageous. you may get away repairing the quarter.

fix it, it wont cost that much, i would say less than 2k total with parts.
Old 07-19-08, 07:20 AM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Ouch, what a horrible boo boo..
Old 07-19-08, 12:21 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

well car goes in the shop monday being fixed by lexus still havent contacted the second party in the accident have to get a police report myself or else it will take 2 months... im trying to make the best of it heres a teaser
Attached Thumbnails possibly the worst day of pearls and my life-image_101.jpg  
Old 07-19-08, 01:19 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

fixed by lexus will turn out great. I see you have some HID's there...
Old 07-19-08, 02:12 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
fixed by lexus will turn out great. I see you have some HID's there...
tsx retro ive been working on it for more then 6 hours now im a noob my first retro

yea im going to go monday and ask if it would be cheaper if i buy parts for them to install(rear bumper and tail light) the QP will be flawless and some damage i found myself was my amp and cd changer were damaged they need a new bracket and most likely new amp maybe some wiring must be done. Only my back speakers and sub work. car drives fine which is good news and sounds super mean ill get a sound clip soon
Old 07-20-08, 11:14 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

damn, that sucks to see, hope it works out
Old 07-20-08, 09:32 PM
B1TEM3
Pole Position

PM you back :-) sorry been busy with work.

I admire your white SC. I have a friend that got Tboned on the intersection, and it was a insurance scam. they have friends standing at the intersection as pedestrian/eye-witness that would then say to the cop "my friend ran a red light."
Old 07-20-08, 10:10 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B1TEM3
PM you back :-) sorry been busy with work.

I admire your white SC. I have a friend that got Tboned on the intersection, and it was a insurance scam. they have friends standing at the intersection as pedestrian/eye-witness that would then say to the cop "my friend ran a red light."
pm replied. thanks i love my sc. sometimes i can even believe its mine. going to work twice a day is worth it hope my rates dont go up or im screwed. damn Tboned that sounds painful. did he have a sc? thats horrible... the world really is coming to an end

Quick Reply: possibly the worst day of pearls and my life