SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

possibly the worst day of pearls and my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-08, 05:06 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i wish man im going to have to keep buging the shop till they fix it insurance doesnt care... and they wont cover the tail lights no matter how much i argue they say its a new one and i say it looks ugly because of the accident you shouldve found a new one an they keep saying we replaced what was damaged the other tail light was not damaged but damnit it looks ugly its a lexus its not supposed to look like this... it goes on dad gave up he said drive more careful and i wont have this problem
Old 09-04-08, 05:44 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

thick skin realized that today... no managers were there i have to go back tuesday wasted gas for about 30 mile drive. the person "helping me" seems like hes going to say you took the car you accepted its condition. yesterday i found a scratch on my passenger door... i didnt see it before because there was TOUCH UP PAINT ON IT being a perfectionist i clean my car ever other day but i was sketchy about the paint so i put it off for about a week kept the car in shade a lot but last night decided to wash it and found the scratch... i have no idea how im going to prove it? my nabor is a big car enthusiast and he usually washs his car on my drive way the same days i do( down hill easier to wash) and he said he didnt notice it before and it was for a fact touched up. the insurance paper that list prior damage does not list the scratch. i was being very nice and requesting the manager but the man helping me kept saying you need an appointment or i can help you why not go through me? honestly to me he was being an ****.BTW i also found a hole yes a hole in my tint i dont know how they managed to do that. sorry had to vent sorry to all that wasted time to read all my mumbo
Old 09-04-08, 07:39 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

hate it when that kind of thing happens. you take home the car after it's "supposedly" back with fresh paint only to see some touch up paint the next day on some part that got scratched up while they were putting back body parts. and they never point it out to you too.
Old 09-04-08, 11:01 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

filled up today the paint inside where the gas cap goes is horrible looks like they put crap on and pained over like dust particles or what not. since the service was crappy today there is a spec on my trunk that somehow got under the paint looks like a small fiber and im going to give them crap for that since its an area they "worked on" black spots on roof wont go away rear bumper has flaws(one small line like a scratch in the paint under the right tail light) this body shop better get ready for hell from the owners son
Old 10-14-08, 01:07 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good luck with everything dude, I feel your pain :\
Old 10-14-08, 09:46 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

still waiting on the owner to call back its been 2 months dad could care less
Old 10-14-08, 09:52 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

how old are you? jeesh it seems like daddy bought you the car.
Old 10-14-08, 10:08 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

he did buy me the car whats your point?
Old 10-14-08, 11:07 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

he's saying you're a spoiled brat
Old 10-14-08, 02:51 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What if he helped pay for it..? Anyways sorry to hear what happened to you, at least yours is driveable, compared to mines.
Old 10-14-08, 10:35 PM
Timo5701
Rookie

Originally Posted by cbrasian
comming from bodyshop that does both insurance and retail and commercial i can tell you the curing process is bs for color matching, if its off its off.....also some body shops don't bake..the paint does cure but its about a week - 2 weeks but there isn't gonna be a change in color...one thing i'd ask them is if they used the old style paint or the water based paint... as water base is harder to match with..also if you used the ins to cover it and its on their list then your in luck have the adjuster know and come inspect it and point out all the problems... if not its your *** as you decided to not take it to their listed shop.... if thats the case you have to be firm with the body shop and remember they usually get people complaining often so they prolly have thick skin if ya know what i mean, talk to the owner and mention the word possible lawyer.Be nice but firm and blunt and don't give up an inch on them and make sure it comes out the way you want it because as soon as you take it out of their shop they can say you were content enough to take it from their shop. so being blunt and to the point with out losing your cool should make em redo it, and if they still mess with you call a lawyer as its time for a lawsuit......then you take the to another shop get it repaired properly then sue the other shop for time wasted if your dependant on the car, car rental, and cost to repair the car again...
What water-borne paint are you using? We switched to water 9 months ago & it matches great! Our paintrs sent back all our solvent base a month ago. Solvent matches older cars better but water matches newer cars since that's what oem's are using.

What shop did you go to? I thought you were going to the Lex dealer? Not always a good idea & the "high price shops" arn't always much better. Word of mouth rules on picking a good shop. Good luck btw!
Old 10-15-08, 12:19 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

any type of car accident sux...good luck on da fix!
Old 10-18-08, 12:04 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joewitafro
how old are you? jeesh it seems like daddy bought you the car.
Man, the dude got into an accident, the shop suck, they wont take care of their customers and you ask a question that is totally off topic and rude?

how old are you?
Old 10-20-08, 09:45 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

i'm 20. Daddy didnt buy me jack ****. I have to save up my checks every week inbetween paying 6 bills to get another car after selling mine that I paid for and rebuilt my self.

I just got a wierd vibe reading the thread. Like someone can't just appreciate the fact the car is FIXED and driveable again rather than totaled out. But has to ***** about every little thing on the car. The blue tape on the wiring harness in the back is the way the factory does it btw. they dont hold the wiring harness together, but hold the clips onto the wiring harness that are pushed into the body. The pics you show are exactly how it is supposed to be.. in my opinion.
Old 10-21-08, 03:35 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joewitafro
i'm 20. Daddy didnt buy me jack ****. I have to save up my checks every week inbetween paying 6 bills to get another car after selling mine that I paid for and rebuilt my self.

I just got a wierd vibe reading the thread. Like someone can't just appreciate the fact the car is FIXED and driveable again rather than totaled out. But has to ***** about every little thing on the car. The blue tape on the wiring harness in the back is the way the factory does it btw. they dont hold the wiring harness together, but hold the clips onto the wiring harness that are pushed into the body. The pics you show are exactly how it is supposed to be.. in my opinion.
All daddy did was buy me the car im paying for insurance, gas and what ever else is related to the sc300. Ask your self if your father provided you with a nice car would you refuse and say im going to buy my own? I payed for 5000 dollars of my car I was working to pay all of it off but my dad refused the money... it was a gift. I take pride in accomplishing things myself my dad gifted the car because I understand the value of money

Now I know the wiring harness problem your the first to tell me. I never said I was an expert it seemed improper.The fact is I knew someone who could have done the job better but I was forced to go to the "best" shop.

weird vibe? car was drivable to begin with. I appreciate its fixed but paying as much as the insurance company and I did honestly I dont see why or how the events unfolded as they did... It came out with problems that were never there to begin with makes sense to try to fix them wouldn't it? appreciating all the quality and just forgetting the flaws is not something i can do. In a sense I payed for the flaws. I admit I did vent OVER EXCESSIVELY in this thread and did apologize if it wasted your time but where the hell does the daddy come in? your getting mad because im fortunate to have a dad that handed me down a quality car? to be honest i wanted a POS i wanted a 240 so i can build it and learn from mistakes but that wasnt an option my dad wanted something reliable to get from point a - b I would appreciate it if you kept your condescending opinions to your self.